PDA

View Full Version : ISU Web TV

Pages : [1] 2

millipied
04-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Good news is that ISU is web broadcasting in HD all Worlds events from Moscow for moderate price of $10. Now the bad news is that it does not work for my country even though the broadcaster is Eurovision.
The link is posted on main ISU website.
http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-128610-129918-nav-list,00.html

Does everyone else have the same problem? I can't find any information on which countries this broadcast is for.

Sylvia
04-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Posted in the 2011 Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry:

This Premium Video Service is ONLY available in the following countries :shuffle:

Afghanistan, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Federated States of, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Kazakstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Macau, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Mongolia, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Occupied, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Qatar, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia/South Sandwich Isl., Sri Lanka, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

... it seems EBU countries are blocked because of the Eurosport and public broadcasters rights :mad:

millipied
04-22-2011, 12:33 AM
I better move to Afganistan.
Seriously though, how come I am subjected to situation when I am restricted from watching the competition because someone bought it and then refuse to show.
There must be some law prohibitng that? I am thinking seriously about filing formal complaint.

rfisher
04-22-2011, 12:47 AM
I wonder how many skating fans there are in Swaziland?

Aussie Willy
04-22-2011, 03:46 AM
I better move to Afganistan.
Seriously though, how come I am subjected to situation when I am restricted from watching the competition because someone bought it and then refuse to show.
There must be some law prohibitng that? I am thinking seriously about filing formal complaint.
Ummm those of us in countries who don't have host broadcasters have had to go through that for years and haven't had access to services in the US and Canada because we are blocked.

Extranjera
04-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Nice to know that figure skating fans from Western Sahara can watch World Champs :P

Bunny Hop
04-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Well, personally I'm thrilled, as this basically means I'll be able to watch Worlds, which otherwise would not have been the case. $10US is a very reasonable price, particularly as the Aussie dollar is currently stronger!

I'm sorry for those in countries who can't access this service due to prior purchase by a broadcaster, but for those of us in countries that don't normally get ANY coverage (or not since the early 90s, when all we got was a one hour highlights programme several months after the event), this is very good news.

sammyf
04-22-2011, 10:44 PM
I want to know where the country of Occupied is.

alilou
04-23-2011, 12:50 AM

:rofl:

Aussie Willy
04-23-2011, 03:26 AM

Hmmm I think it is what it was called after Loompa land got taken over by the Imperial forces so the Death Star could be rebuilt. I have heard it has a fantastic canteen.

allezfred
04-23-2011, 11:45 AM
And Antarctica isn't a country last time I checked either. Wonder if the penguins have internet though. :lol:

Libertango
04-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I've tested it and it works for me, it looks great, no annoying commentator :cool: But my internet connexion is crap :shuffle: Is there a way to watch it without the HD?

skoppa
04-23-2011, 04:02 PM
And Antarctica isn't a country last time I checked either. Wonder if the penguins have internet though. :lol:

well they have some research people working there maybe there are figure skating fans there that are dying to see it. :)

love skating
04-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Reading the list of countries makes me think of Survivor!

danafan
04-23-2011, 08:01 PM
You could always try to get an ip blocker to trick the Internet into thinking you were from one of those countries...