PDA

View Full Version : ISU Web TV

Pages : 1 [2]

Braulio
04-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Its a shame that there is only the HD option, because in countries like Mexico we have one of the slowest bandwith (and expensive) internet, so for me the stream does play but it is like 5 seconds, pause, 5 seconds, pause, so it does not worth it even the cheap price

Hope they could stream like in HD and standard resolution, its a shame they dont consider the internet limitations that countries like in latinamerica have. We are way behind those in Europe, USA and Asia in terms of upload-download speed

LilJen
04-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Burkina Faso, here I come!

aftershocks
04-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Universal Sports is charging $9.95 in the U.S. for live online streaming of Worlds.

The icenetwork has the gall to charge subscribers an additional $4.95 to view 2011 Worlds. New subscribers must pay the overly priced $39.95 for the season pass plus the additional $4.95 just to see Worlds. The season pass should include Worlds!!! (and aside from Worlds the season's viewing options on icenetwork are essentially over anyway). Such money grubbers.

beepbeep
04-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I live in Brazil, and I paid for it today (apparently, the access has already been activated).

Let's see how this goes...

HisWeirness
04-25-2011, 06:06 AM
The icenetwork has the gall to charge subscribers an additional $4.95 to view 2011 Worlds. New subscribers must pay the overly priced $39.95 for the season pass plus the additional $4.95 just to see Worlds. The season pass should include Worlds!!! (and aside from Worlds the season's viewing options on icenetwork are essentially over anyway).
icenetwork.com is only charging $9.95 to non-season pass holders to watch Worlds.
http://www.icenetwork.com/subscribe/

SamuraiK
04-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Im a happy south american fanboy right now!!! :):)

beepbeep
04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
The competition started, and the feed is working beautifully.
10 bucks well spent.

UMBS Go Blue
04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
I was geo-blocked by IceNetwork because even though I'm a US subscriber, I'm accessing this from Australia... but the ISU feed works just great for me. Thanks to all the techies who put this together! :40beers:

Vagabond
04-27-2011, 07:09 PM
This webpage has links that will take you to live streaming on Russia 2: http://worldskating.blogspot.com/p/world-figure-skating-championships-free.html

(It's working for me right now in the U.S.)

Bunny Hop
04-28-2011, 07:12 AM
The competition started, and the feed is working beautifully.
10 bucks well spent.Completely agree. It worked much better than I expected. Hope they do this for all the major competitions (e.g. Euros).

Aussie Willy
04-29-2011, 01:40 AM
Just to add in my two cents about it. I thought after the test stream it wouldn't work for me because of my connection and bandwidth but it did. I had a few stutters where it would stop but it would just keep going from where it stopped. Picture quality was quite good.

I also noticed that you can go back and watch events so if you missed the live coverage you can still watch it. But I think it only last until May 6th.

I am so glad the ISU did this. One very happy skating fan here. I will send them an email to compliment them when it is over.

beepbeep
05-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Is anyone that bought it still being able to watch on demand??

I tried today (we still have one day left) and it gave a screen in which I couldn't click on anything to see the skating...

Aussie Willy
05-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Not sure. I know my expiry date was 6th May but I haven't had time to watch anything else.

AJ Skatefan
05-06-2011, 04:49 AM
The icenetwork has the gall to charge subscribers an additional $4.95 to view 2011 Worlds. New subscribers must pay the overly priced $39.95 for the season pass plus the additional $4.95 just to see Worlds. The season pass should include Worlds!!! (and aside from Worlds the season's viewing options on icenetwork are essentially over anyway). Such money grubbers.

Ice Network wasn't even going to show Worlds in the first place. That was the deal initially. It was an added bonus.

AJ Skatefan
05-09-2011, 12:50 AM
BTW, I didn't pay the extra 5 dollars for the IceNetwork coverage but I'm still able to access it on-demand.