PDA

View Full Version : New pair team: Jessica Dubé and Sébastien Wolfe

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

MR-FAN
05-15-2011, 04:48 PM
An article plus a video of them(it's in french).

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/patinage/2011/05/09/001-artistique-dube-wolfe.shtml

Thanks for this!

Wow, they really look good together! and Jessica looks so joyful and energized! I'm optimistic :)

IT appears as though they might be skating to Godfather for one of their programs (unless it was someone else's music playing while they skated)

flowerpower
05-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Yes, I agree, they look good.

Lots of potential there!

MikiAndoFan#1
05-15-2011, 05:05 PM
An article plus a video of them(it's in french).

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/patinage/2011/05/09/001-artistique-dube-wolfe.shtml

Thanks! :) Jessica and Sébastien look good together, can't wait to see them in competition. :cheer2:

shan
05-15-2011, 05:05 PM
She does look very happy and animated.

Sylvia
05-15-2011, 05:16 PM
IT appears as though they might be skating to Godfather for one of their programs (unless it was someone else's music playing while they skated)
It was probably another skater's music playing because the article mentioned that they would start creating new programs in 3 weeks and that their competition debut will be at the Québec Summer Championships in August.

I look forward to seeing them skate/compete together!

flowerpower
05-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Annie says their programs will be nothing like "Love Story". Jessica adds that want to do something modern and contemporary.

Really glad to hear that! I'm looking forward to see them skate at Quebec provincials.

MR-FAN
05-15-2011, 05:35 PM
their competition debut will be at the Québec Summer Championships in August.

:eek: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I'll be there!!!

Pratfall
05-15-2011, 05:43 PM
:D This looks very promising . I'm delighted to see her looking so happy.

Andrey aka Pushkin
05-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Wasn't he the better half of D&D?

FSWer
05-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Are there any images of them yet? Did they also set up a site?

flowerpower
05-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Wasn't he the better half of D&D?

In the last couple of years, I'd say yes. I wouldn't say that he improved necessarily, but rather that she struggled in that period.

Earlier on though, they were quite equally matched, and if she can get her "spark" back, she may do very well.

Pratfall
05-16-2011, 12:37 AM
I never saw him as the better half of the team..they may have had different problems, but there were problems on both sides.

People have aired Jess' shortcomings ad infinitum , so I won't rehearse them again.

For Bryce, I felt he never seemed to make a serious effort to try to match her lines , which made their spiral sections, for example , look odd
( regardless of edges and flow) . I wondered as well about his upper body strength /conditioning (twist), as I never noticed much in the way of improvement there either.

Sadly, the only discernable change was just an obvious deterioration in confidence and connectivity for both of them.

geoskate
05-16-2011, 06:07 AM
For Bryce, I felt he never seemed to make a serious effort to try to match her lines , which made their spiral sections, for example , look odd

That's pretty common, IMO, for most pairs teams. Not everyone can be Craig Buntin and have the ability to actually stretch. Many pairs teams try to disguise the poorly matched spirals by using some kind of hand-held bent leg position for the man or by having the spirals in opposition rather than side by side.

I don't think poorly-matching spirals necessarily shows lack of serious effort on the part of any male pairs skater. Men just don't stretch as easily as women, in general, with a few exceptions.

bek
05-16-2011, 06:18 AM
I don't think it really matters who was the stronger partner now Jessica or Bryce. And I don't think it really matters whose fault it was for their bad relationship. I highly doubt 100% of the blame goes to just one of them.

What matters right now is one is able to do pair skating and that is Jessica and the other may never be able to compete pairs skating again. It seems to me that Jessica waited a year of her life to see if Bryce could come back. How much longer is Jessica suppose to wait. Jessica has devoted years of her life to being a pairs skater, and her family tons of money. Its not her fault that Bryce got injured, and there's frankly nothing she can do about that. Jessica though owes it to herself and her family etc, to continue skating pairs if she wants too. And if Bryce was any kind of decent person, he'd recognize that (which I suspect he does)

I hope that Bryce can skate pairs again, its a very sad situation. But the fact is their relationship wasn't working right Pre injury and probably the two should have split awhile ago.

Domshabfan
05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
They look good together, and loved to seeing her back since I prefer her to all the other canadian ladies pair skaters, hopefully Bryce can find someone better in Canada or outside Canada to skate with since I preferred him over her in their pair grouping. It just shows how little I think of female half of Canadian pair teams.