PDA

View Full Version : New pair team: Jessica Dubé and Sébastien Wolfe

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Mevrouw
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I wonder if Jess is still dating Scott? Haven't heard anything about that in months. Hope she and Sebastian keep it professional so there won't be any of those complications (unless there are already.)

flowerpower
04-19-2011, 11:20 PM
With all the talking and the articles, I think the real reason why she broke up with Bryce(on ice) was exactly what you said. She didn't want to make necessary sacrifices to improve their skating. She didn't want to leave Quebec and leave her coaches team(Annie Barabe, Sophie Richard).

It makes sense that now with Sebastien Wolfe, she can stay in Quebec and has Annie and Sophie as coaches.

Could be, but OTOH if a partnership is already strained, I could imagine that a person might not want to uproot their life and move to another city/coach with that partner.

quebecoise
04-20-2011, 12:03 AM
I wonder if Jess is still dating Scott? Haven't heard anything about that in months. Hope she and Sebastian keep it professional so there won't be any of those complications (unless there are already.)

Scott Moir's Facebook picture profile is still Jessica and himself, but not sure it means anything, because I don't know how often Scott use Facebook...

About Sebastien, when I first heard they were a new couple on ice, I immediatly thought to Bryce. I just hope Sebastien wasn't a good friend of Bryce(and I guess he was they trained together), because it will be another heavy blow for him...:( (Jessica broke with him and new partnership with Sebastien on-ice not long ago..it is similar to the story with Scott(which was a love relation)....) Poor Bryce!

victoriajh
04-20-2011, 06:11 AM

jess's facebook account says in a realtionship with scott moir- so i am guessing it is a YES!

Imperfect Edge
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
shame i wouldn't say no to dating Scott myself ... :P

quebecoise
04-20-2011, 02:39 PM
jess's facebook account says in a realtionship with scott moir- so i am guessing it is a YES!

ok good! I don't have access to Jessica's profile. I can only see her profile picture(same as Scott).

shame i wouldn't say no to dating Scott myself ... :P
I agree I wouldn't say not to date Scott myself!:lol:

victoriajh
04-20-2011, 03:07 PM
This is weird news, considering Jessica was so excited about pursuing her future as a single skater. I guess she changed her mind. There was talk about her breaking up with Bryce because she refused to leave Quebec. Maybe Sebastien meets this requirement.

was she excited about skaing singles? or did she feel that was her only option to stay on the national team and in the skate canada spotlight? when i saw her at nationals she looked anything BUT happy skating- but then again I dont recall her looking happy with bryce in the past few years either- which makes me wonder why she is continueing at all? I mean she had success with bryce can it be replicated? i am not sure but it makes it more interesting !!

maggylyn
04-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Has anyone seen Jessica and Sebastien skating together and can you tell us how they're looking together?

Even though I was sad to see the end of D/D, I'm looking forward to seeing what this new team looks like.

FSWer
04-24-2011, 07:04 PM
CDo they have a website yet?

Ziggy
04-25-2011, 12:22 AM
I find the level of vitriol levelled at these young women completely bizarre . I suppose some people would be happier if they had continued to stay and stay in a partnership that had stagnated ( or the other older partner was wanting to retire , or whatever ) and cut their careers short.
Are we talking about athletes, or characters in a soap opera ...

Nobody is saying that.

I can't speak for dramagrrl but from what I understood from her (and others') post, she talked about the way Dube and Davison have split.

Pratfall
04-25-2011, 07:48 PM
The thing is..we don't really know the way they split.. we have no idea what was said between partners ... or when Jessica actually decided to give Wolfe a try , before or after the split .

We know that the official announcement was gracious . We can also figure out that if D/W are going to have a chance of success next year they have to be working now... no matter if it gives observers a chance to go "Aha !"

We can't know whether whoever wrote the article on Bryce introduced an abandoned aspect to make a good story. The worst thing that has happened to Bryce is his injury, which is nothing to do with Jess . It may be some time before he knows whether he'll be able to have a further career..and if the answer is no ,would it have helped anything if a second person had waited , taken perhaps another year off from competition only to find out it's a lost cause and perhaps that's the end of their athletic career as well ? :confused:

I think that publicly , Jess has been as considerate of Bryce as she could be, under the circumstances , without jeopardizing her own skating future. Over the course of their partnership , both partners made sacrifices. I don't think we're equipped to judge which was greater.( Or if either treated the other unfairly in their personal relationship. )

Really
04-26-2011, 01:28 AM
^^^This.

alilou
04-26-2011, 02:22 AM
^^^This.Yes. This ^^^^^^^

frisette70
05-15-2011, 04:19 PM
An article plus a video of them(it's in french).

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/patinage/2011/05/09/001-artistique-dube-wolfe.shtml

flowerpower
05-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks, frisette!