PDA

View Full Version : What Piece of Music should Mirai skate to next season?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

wonderlen
05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Doesn't matter which music Mirai skates too. I think that girl can pull of most type. As long as she can nails the competition, I'm happy. If Miki and Kim taking a year off next season and Mao still reworking her jumps, Mirai has the biggest chances of winning the world title next season. Lets see if she toughten up and deliver when it counts.

ltnskater
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Again both programs?..
Hope this time Lori will find smth that suits Mirai, like she did two years ago.

Hmm... all I have to say is, I think (at least one of the programs), suits her better than her long from last season.

icellist
05-24-2011, 06:28 AM
i know she's already worked with Lori but has anyone heard/read news about her new programs? Music? When is she debuting it?

victoriaheidi
05-24-2011, 06:34 AM
I would love it if someone would skate to Candide. Can it please be Mirai? Or perhaps Mirai would do well with something like Kiss Me, Kate. I think musicals would suit her nicely. Or maybe I'm the freak who liked her "I've Got Rhythm" program, I don't know.

Sasha'sSpins
05-24-2011, 06:40 AM
i know she's already worked with Lori but has anyone heard/read news about her new programs? Music? When is she debuting it?

Don't some competitions start in late summer? Perhaps we'll hear something by then-or perhaps Mirai can't wait and she'll let us know via twitter before then. :D

icellist
05-24-2011, 07:12 AM
I would love it if someone would skate to Candide. Can it please be Mirai? Or perhaps Mirai would do well with something like Kiss Me, Kate. I think musicals would suit her nicely. Or maybe I'm the freak who liked her "I've Got Rhythm" program, I don't know.

do be honest, i love most of her competitive programs. My favorites in order:

1. Shout and Feel It (SP)
2. Pirates (SP)
3. Coppelia (FS)
4. City Lights (SP)
5. Caprice Fantastique/Orpheus (FS)
6. I've Got Rhythm (SP)

Her other 4 programs are still very respectable though
The first she shows in her Carmen and Memoir of Geisha FS
The one-foot footwork to Un Sospiro
Her poise in American Quartet (except i probably liked this one least)
But not to say that i don't like these programs. I only liked them

But I LOVED 1-6

personwhoishere
05-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Doesn't matter which music Mirai skates too. I think that girl can pull of most type. As long as she can nails the competition, I'm happy. If Miki and Kim taking a year off next season and Mao still reworking her jumps, Mirai has the biggest chances of winning the world title next season. Lets see if she toughten up and deliver when it counts.

Except she'd actually have to make the world team first... :shuffle:

Sasha'sSpins
05-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Except she'd actually have to make the world team first... :shuffle:

Well the last part of wonderlen's post seemed to say as much 'let's see if she toughens up and delivers when it counts'.

UMBS Go Blue
05-30-2011, 07:28 AM
I'd love to see Mirai skate to something mature, up tempo, modern, and full of attitude. She's at a mature, almost adult age where she doesn't have to be a pwetty little pwincess on the ice all the time, and it would be good for her to broaden her style and attack the ice a lot more. (No more botched spins to soporific music.) Which brings me to this:

Penguin by Avicii (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdsSG0XZESU) can be easily shortened into a 2:40 short program. It would be very powerful music to emphasize, should she have them, new jumps and blazing new footwork. I strongly believe she has the speed, basic skills, and inner sassiness to pull this off. It would definitely wake up the arena from the usual ladiezzzzzzzzz snoozefest. ;)

Also, given that Worlds next year will be in techno-crazy Europe, a program to such music would definitely draw in the crowd and help attract new audiences to skating.

AndyWarhol
05-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I would love her to do a ballet.

chipso1
05-30-2011, 06:06 PM

I agree. I know they're both "overused," but something like Cinderella (the ballet) or Don Quixote would really suit Mirai, IMO. Her Coppelia was amazing!

pinky166
05-30-2011, 09:35 PM

Yeah I could totally see Mirai portraying Kitri in Don Q, Carabosse in Sleeping Beauty, a gypsy from Ramonda, or Swanilda in Coppelia (I know she already did Coppelia, but I think she was meant to portray the doll, and I wouldn't mind seeing her do a program to it again, with different music cuts and less of a cutesy approach)