PDA

View Full Version : Abbott goes blond!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Sylvia
04-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Abbott does have a new exhibition program -- read more here in this new interview article (photo of him from the April 8th 'Proud Nation' show included): Newly blonde Abbott impressive at 'Proud Nation' (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110411&content_id=17645364&vkey=ice_news)

ETA link to 'Proud Nation' photo gallery: http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photogallery/year_2011/month_04/day_11/cf17643520.html

Wyliefan
04-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Abbott does have a new exhibition program -- read more here in this new interview article (photo of him from the April 8th "Proud Nation" show included): Newly blonde Abbott impressive at 'Proud Nation' (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110411&content_id=17645364&vkey=ice_news)

That one makes him look like Eminem after a fistfight.

Vagabond
04-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Newly blonde Abbott impressive at 'Proud Nation' (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110411&content_id=17645364&vkey=ice_news)

I miss Johnny Weir and his understated good taste. :(

DarrellH
04-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Johnny darkens his hair, but his looks more natural.

stevlin
04-12-2011, 02:37 AM
I concur; it looks bad. Even his natural coppery colour kind of washed him out, so this just exaggerates the effect. I actually think it might work for Jeremy if he went really dark (in both his programmes and hair colour!).

If Jeremy went really dark, he would look like a vampire. His skin is too light for dark hair. He'd look like he had no blood in his veins. If he wanted to go blond, a golden blond would look best.

VIETgrlTerifa
04-12-2011, 03:27 AM
I miss Johnny Weir and his understated good taste. :(

:lol:

dinakt
04-12-2011, 04:13 AM
A 25-year-old man dyes his hair in the off -season and puts on dark eye makeup before the show. I am completely, utterly shocked; I think I need to psychoanalyse every inch of him and page Joan Rivers so she could comment immediately.

But most importantly, I wanna see that EX number:)

aftershocks
04-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Ha ha ... Even Johnny experimented with blonde hair post Junior Worlds win, pre first U.S. Nationals win.

I remember when Kween cut off all her hair post 1998 Olympics, and at first few people recognized her.

Jeremy, it's your hair, it's your life ... have fun, and Rock/ Rap next season!

Questioner:
Hey Jereminem …uh, remy. What possessed you to go platinum?

JA/MM:
I can’t tell you why or what it really is that possessed me
All I can tell you is what it feels like … this feeling inside of me
Maybe like when a tornado meets a volcano
I’m high off love for figure skating
And I love it, the more I suffer, the more I suffocate … I love it
Right before I’m about to drown, my diehard fans resuscitate me
It’s so insane, cause when it’s goin’ good, it’s goin’ great
But when it’s bad, it’s awful... I feel so ashamed
Who was that dude at the 2010 Olympics? I don’t even know his name
Right now, I find it hard to breathe sometimes, but I still fight while I
can fight ... Yesterday is over, it's a different day
I have to learn to own my own strength

Anyways, I heard that blondes have more fun
As long as blonde feels right, it’s like I’m in flight
I’m Superman with the wind at my back

Questioner:
I love the way you lie … uh, skate. You look kinda fly with that do. Maybe
it’ll grow on your fans, or maybe you’ll amaze with the ability to scale tall
buildings, land quads, and dazzle the judges with the brilliance of your
bouffant … uh, choreo.

CantALoop
04-12-2011, 05:12 AM
I don't care whether he goes platinum blond or shaves his head and tattoos it as long as it makes him more consistent. :P

loulou
04-12-2011, 11:47 PM
What's wrong with me?
I totally fell for Plushenko's nose job and (same thread) Cohen's dating a gynecologist.
Then, I wouldn't even open this thread because I thought: well, that must be a late April fool.

The most un-sensible things happen, and what would be perfectly reasonable doesn't.

---

ETA

OMG! I just saw this:

Newly blonde Abbott impressive at 'Proud Nation' (http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110411&content_id=17645364&vkey=ice_news)

Since I'm editing, there's no RUN smile available. Rarely use it. Very needed now.

literaryfreak
04-13-2011, 02:13 AM
I don't care whether he goes platinum blond or shaves his head and tattoos it as long as it makes him more consistent. :P

Agree. :lol: Maybe this will be the secret key to consistency. Then who'll be laughing this time next year?

Since Abbott looks like Eminem at the moment, I say he take this opportunity to sing the version of "Lose Yourself" in the Detroit superbowl commercial, with a backing choir, while Meryl and Charlie skate an exhibition to it, in their love for Michigan. Maybe Jeremy could even choreograph it. It could be super voidy and further cement the Jeremy and Meryl BFFitude.

zilam98
04-13-2011, 02:13 AM
this look reminds me of depeche mode's martin gore in the 80s ;)

Ziggy
04-13-2011, 02:45 AM
I didn't see this anywhere

Jeremy tweeted the following yesterday, "LOVE my new hair! For the first time I don't give 2 s**ts what anyone else thinks! :)" along with this pic of himself yesterday

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg614/scaled.php?tn=0&server=614&filename=54wgn.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Jesus wept, what a disaster, he looks ill.

aftershocks
04-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Agree. :lol: Maybe this will be the secret key to consistency. Then who'll be laughing this time next year?

Since Abbott looks like Eminem at the moment, I say he take this opportunity to sing the version of "Lose Yourself" in the Detroit superbowl commercial, with a backing choir, while Meryl and Charlie skate an exhibition to it, in their love for Michigan. Maybe Jeremy could even choreograph it. It could be super voidy and further cement the Jeremy and Meryl BFFitude.

Not a bad idea -- they are all Michigan homies. (Alyssa appeared briefly in that superbowl commercial). Maybe Jeremy could skate to a live Eminem riff --and the lookalikes would get a chance to meet.

Eminem words of wisdom for Jeremy:

Lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it ... never let it go ...
You can do anything you set your mind to man.

blue_idealist
04-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Jeremy should dye his hair blonde like Jeff Buttle's blonde around 2006. That would look a lot better.