PDA

View Full Version : Brian Boitano gushing thread

Pages : 1 [2]

love skating
04-05-2011, 03:13 AM
You have to see Brian in person to truly appreciate his skating. Just watching him do crossovers across the rink is a sight to behold - add a 'tano triple lutz, his magnificent spread eagles and a huge death drop and I'm in heaven. He really is the most impressive skater I've seen skate in person. I love his skating so much!

paskatefan
04-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Skate God for life! The Battle of the Brians was incredible. And thenm after that, Brian just kept getting better and better and better. He developed as an artist while maintaining incredibly difficult technique. This:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFep6bm8JdA&playnext=1&list=PLF006E810FE2BD05A holds up very well today. :swoon:

I not only love Brian's Olympic programs, but he's been a great champion for many years. As a pro, he's been willing to try different styles, but he's never taken an audience for granted and always gives 100%. He also has a wonderful sense of humor about himself and the sport and is a great ambassador for skating. I also admire the volunteer work he does with kids. He really seems to care about the sport, as evidenced by his willingness to appear in Weiss's benefit show the last few years and his willingness to help younger competitive skaters.

He's been a great champion on and off the ice for decades :respec:

Amen! :encore:

SmallFairy
04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
I not only love Brian's Olympic programs, but he's been a great champion for many years. As a pro, he's been willing to try different styles, but he's never taken an audience for granted and always gives 100%. He also has a wonderful sense of humor about himself and the sport and is a great ambassador for skating. I also admire the volunteer work he does with kids. He really seems to care about the sport, as evidenced by his willingness to appear in Weiss's benefit show the last few years and his willingness to help younger competitive skaters.

He's been a great champion on and off the ice for decades :respec:

So totally!! just what I wanted to say!

Thanks for all your great posts, and the links! Living in Norway, I was not able to follow his career as a pro skater until youtube came by lots of years later. Wish I could have....

BmcC102
04-06-2011, 04:10 AM
DEATHDROP spin! :D :rofl: :eek: