PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek's Very Revealing Interview, Your Questions Answered

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Wyliefan
04-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Okay, but I still don't like his skating. It's just my opinion. I know he can't help how tall he is--and I think that's a big part of why I don't like think he looks all that great on the ice with his long arms and legs. But I also just think of him as the Tom Cruise of figure skating.

Odd choice of comparison, considering that the conversation was about Evan being tall. ;)

Great interview!

Justathoughtabl
04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your continued support of http://www.cyinterview.com. You guys are amazing. Again, interview suggestions?

I think Michelle Kwan might be interesting, considering she's moved on a bit and she's a recognizable name. Of course Johnny Weir is always interesting, particularly when the interviewer has something to ask about beyond sexuality, flamboyance, and the like.

tapper88
04-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir :) :)

PLEASE!! :) You'd be an amazing interviewer for them, and we need some more new interviews with them.

oakl0008
04-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Shawn Sawyer :)

Pleeeaaaase! <3

Justathoughtabl
04-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Actually, I think you should consider interviewing Jeremy Abbott, the "other" male U.S. Olympian-- who referred to himself as "the red-headed stepchild of elite figure skating" on his Twitter account. Read his Twitter, and you'll see he's an interesting character--plus he's been in Evan and Johnny's shadows all these years, despite defeating them several times.

skatesindreams
04-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Brian Boitano.
I also second the request for an interview with Jeremy Abbott.

Yazmeen
04-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I think Michelle Kwan might be interesting, considering she's moved on a bit and she's a recognizable name. Of course Johnny Weir is always interesting, particularly when the interviewer has something to ask about beyond sexuality, flamboyance, and the like.

I would LOVE to see an interview with Johnny that talked strictly about his skating: no reality show, fashion, book, celebrity, just his skating, his thoughts about his past and future in skating. That would be very interesting.

Justathoughtabl
04-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I would LOVE to see an interview with Johnny that talked strictly about his skating: no reality show, fashion, book, celebrity, just his skating, his thoughts about his past and future in skating. That would be very interesting.

This one's not really about skating, but it's quite thoughtful:
http://www.1101.com/johnnyweir/

Anyway, I think there are a lot of skaters out there who are thoughtful and intelligent. They might have interesting thoughts about the future of the sport.

l'etoile
04-08-2011, 10:35 PM
wow thanks for this wonderful interview!! I want to request the one for J Buttle and the kween!!

I really wonder how Jeffrey's doing these days. I miss him:(

ChrisYandek
04-10-2011, 03:23 AM
You're all very welcome once more. I'll keep my eye on possibilities for more figure skating stories soon. Thank you all.

DreamSkates
04-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Good for Evan. He's always seemed an honest person and is so in the interview. Like other elite and accomplished skaters, eventually they want a more "normal" life so I wish him a wonderful, relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. I hope that he will go to school at least to explore what that's all about, and that will open up many possibilities. Sure would miss seeing him on the ice, but at some point, skaters move on.

bbkenn
04-10-2011, 10:38 PM
I know a lot of you guys wanted to know about Evan's future and what he wants to do. He gave a very long set of responses about where he is in his life and noted that he hasn't had time to figure out his professional and personal future.

We also got Dancing with the Stars and other questions answered. I would greatly appreciate you guys spreading the word on this. It was a honest and very open example of Evan telling the world where he is in his life personally and professionally. It is a beyond genuine interview.

You can read or listen to the entire interview below:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2011/04/olympic-gold-medalist-evan-lysacek-analyzes-life-his-future-and-skating-for-harlem/

Thanks for posting this. I wish Evan all the best whatever he decides to do.

ChrisYandek
04-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Good for Evan. He's always seemed an honest person and is so in the interview. Like other elite and accomplished skaters, eventually they want a more "normal" life so I wish him a wonderful, relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. I hope that he will go to school at least to explore what that's all about, and that will open up many possibilities. Sure would miss seeing him on the ice, but at some point, skaters move on.

Valid points and a great comment.

blue_idealist
04-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Awesome interview. He seems like such an intelligent guy.

ChrisYandek
04-25-2011, 02:01 AM
You're welcome.