PDA

View Full Version : What Should be Ashley Wagners next move?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Wyliefan
04-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I think I said this in another thread not too long ago, but the way I see it, Ashley would be best served by a season off to work through some of her emotional issues. During that time, she could look for a new coach or a jumping coach to work alongside Hill. Then, hopefully, she would return to skating with a renewed spirit and a refined jumping technique.

I think her issues are more physical than emotional. She had that problem with really bad muscle spasms that was only recently corrected, for one thing. And the two-foot problem is surely more physical than emotional?

victoriaheidi
04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I think her issues are more physical than emotional. She had that problem with really bad muscle spasms that was only recently corrected, for one thing. And the two-foot problem is surely more physical than emotional?

I think it's a mix. I think the muscle spasms, like the heart murmur or whatever that was, were caused by stress. And someone said that Ashley 2-foots a lot when she gets nervous.

I wonder if a lot of her physical problems stem from the amount of pressure she seems to put on herself?

olympic
04-02-2011, 07:35 PM
LOL. She has coached 'Dorny' since he started skating. She has taught him everything he knows, so I'm not sure that she's a quick fix... But she is an amazing coach.

I was thinking about how quickly CZ got a good 3flip and a better 2x w/ Gambill in a short amount of time, along with a more serious mind-set in the K & C. That does show a small miracle, so someone like Ashley who is a superior skater could go far w/ a coach like Gambill.

SkateSkates
04-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I think she just gets nervous

Lacey
04-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Didn't Ashley's brother move to Wilmington with her, I think he is now attending college, wonder if moving would be difficult if she had to include him?

Sylvia
04-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I believe Ashley's brother, Austin, isn't skating competitively anymore.

Who have more photos of her?
Ashley Wagner's official site at FSO hasn't added this season's photos yet but you check out both skating and personal photos up through last season: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/ashleywagner/photos.htm

For those who haven't heard, Phillip Mills has choreographed Wagner's new long program this season (he also did her "Somewhere in Time" SP a few seasons back).

Lacey
04-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Right, but he is enrolled in college there? I suppose he could transfer if she moves, but that's not always easy.

IceAlisa
04-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I think Ashley Wagners is really beautiful~~~
Who have more photos of her?^^
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU0MTk2MTQ0.html

Thanks for the link--lovely skating by Ashley. I love how the Russian commentators generally know to shut up during a performance. I like Ashley's skating and hope she gets her groove back.

Kaikai
04-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Ashleys brother is still in high school but when he finishes next month he could always move in with his parents if they will allow it so she could train wherever she wanted.

TwisterSister
04-02-2011, 08:16 PM
I love how gutsy and aggressive Ashley is and her general look on the ice is my favorite out of all of the US women right now. But in competition she just needs to relax and let it happen, instead of trying to force it to happen. She needs to trust her training and trust herself.

victoriaheidi
04-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Ashleys brother is still in high school but when he finishes next month he could always move in with his parents if they will allow it so she could train wherever she wanted.

Or, of course, he could consider going to college and moving into a dorm. :) That would probably be the easiest solution for all involved.

Shah-reen
04-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Ashley came to Hill with a flutz and two footing issues. Hill is an amazing technician, but its hard to wrangle someone who doesn't want to be wrangled in the first place. An 8 year old Flutz is hard enough to fix, then add New found freedom, a little jing $ and an age of rebellion. Not an easy pupil to deal with. BUT, i'm sure now that the out come of that phase has been felt by Wagner, she will be more likely to get back to her rocking self and ready to show off her beautiful new long, and a lutz and some triple-triples. Hill has the technical goods, but it takes two to tango.

Remember," you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink."

Lacey
04-03-2011, 02:48 AM
Who was her choreographer?

xy3026rosa
04-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I believe Ashley's brother, Austin, isn't skating competitively anymore.

Ashley Wagner's official site at FSO hasn't added this season's photos yet but you check out both skating and personal photos up through last season: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/ashleywagner/photos.htm

For those who haven't heard, Phillip Mills has choreographed Wagner's new long program this season (he also did her "Somewhere in Time" SP a few seasons back).
I am sad that I can't open this website.:(
You know ,finding more photos or viedos about Ashley are difficult in Chinese websites...:( Only a few....:slinkaway

victoriaheidi
04-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Who was her choreographer?

When I googled "Ashley Wagner Choreographer," google informed me that the "best guess" is Irina Romanova-which is what I thought in the first place.