PDA

View Full Version : The Borgias -- starting Sunday

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Artemis@BC
04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Placeholder for discussing this new series, beginning on Sunday. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, I've been disappointed before with this type of show (*ahem* The Tudors) ... but given the material, it seems pretty hard to screw up. Plus there's Jeremy Irons, who at age 63 is still :swoon:.

In Canada it airs on Bravo!, 7:00 Pacific / 10:00 Eastern, with the 2nd episode immediatly following. Oddly enough, no repeats.

Can someone give the US broadcast deets?

AragornElessar
04-01-2011, 10:38 PM
It's Jeremy Irons, so I'm there w/bells on. Still kicking myself for forgetting he was back on L&O SVU this past week, as he was just beyond fantastic the first time earlier this season. Anyway...I'm very much looking forward to this series and can't wait for 10 pm Sunday night!! :D

IceAlisa
04-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the reminder. What channel is it on in the US?

Lanie
04-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm assuming Showtime?

I won't watch it. I don't have Showtime and I really got pissed off by season four of The Tudors. :rofl:

Artemis@BC
04-01-2011, 11:50 PM
^ Just Googled and yes, it is Showtime. Banner says 9:00 E/P. Here's the link: http://www.sho.com/site/borgias/home.sho

IceAlisa
04-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks, looking forward to it. :)

Tinami Amori
04-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Plus there's Jeremy Irons, who at age 63 is still :swoon:.

One of the reasons why I am watching this show...:)
Irons makes a great "historic villain" and "villains" in general..... :D.
http://www.zuguide.com/image/Jeremy-Irons-Casanova.10.jpg

I hope for the next season they produce "Machiavelli" and keep Irons in the main role before he becomes too old to play him.
http://www.messagefrommasters.com/Osho/images/Niccolo_Machiavelli_Osho.jpg

rfisher
04-02-2011, 12:09 PM
The first episode was on Showtime/Ions preview last night. Sadly, on Ions they blurred out all the naked parts. The actor playing Cesare Borgia is hot and I wanted to see his butt. :( The Borgias were such a nice family.

Yehudi
04-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Sadly netflix no longer streams episodes of Showtime programs that are currently running. So I'll have to find other means to watch :'(

Satellitegirl
04-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I'll watch it online somewhere...but I definitely want to see it.

Yehudi
04-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Thoughts? Managed to find someone nearby with Showtime and i think I will keep watching. Whoever is playing Cesare certainly holds his own with Jeremy Irons.

IceAlisa
04-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Not 10 pm in my time zone yet. But glad to read the first good review!

Skate Talker
04-04-2011, 05:30 AM
The actor who plays Cesare looks like John Kerr. Not sure if we are to think that at this point Lucrezia is quite as naive about some things as she would appear to be - specifically her chat with her mother after getting the seahorse necklace as a gift. (Don't want to give anything away yet.) Obviously in some matters they make it clear that she is very aware of what is going on.

Artemis@BC
04-04-2011, 05:00 PM
The actor who plays Cesare looks like John Kerr. Not sure if we are to think that at this point Lucrezia is quite as naive about some things as she would appear to be - specifically her chat with her mother after getting the seahorse necklace as a gift. (Don't want to give anything away yet.) Obviously in some matters they make it clear that she is very aware of what is going on.

Yes, her naivety does seem a bit a of an act, no? (Of course she's also fooling them all into thinking she's only 14, when in fact she's 23. :D )

I thought it was pretty good overall, although with some pacing problems. Too bad Derek Jacobi is gone already, I always love seeing him -- and really, is it legal to make a period drama without Derek Jacobi in it? But having Colm Feore as a continuing foil will be great.

François Arnaud, the guy playing Cesare, reminds me of someone else, another actor, and it's going to drive me nuts until I figure it out.

rfisher
04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
All I have to say is watching for Mr. Arnaud alone is worth the price of Showtime. :swoon: