PDA

View Full Version : The Kerrs retire

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Asli
04-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Skaters like the Kerrs are the reason why so many people love ice dance. :)

It's not just rocker, counter, twizzle, is it? People want to see a performance, and did the Kerrs always give it! :cheer2:

Good luck to them for whatever comes next!

kittyjake5
04-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Best of luck John and Sinead and thank you for your great skating which I have enjoyed so much over the years. Thank goodness for youtube!

manleywoman
04-01-2011, 10:08 PM
:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

blue_idealist
04-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I will miss them so much!!!
But Sinead made it quite clear in Bern at the last press conference that she did not want to continue another season (John seemed more willing). And she was almost rolling her eyes when someone mentioned the "home competition" 2012 - maybe as they are Scottish, not English...

They are Scottish, I think, since they did that Scottish OD awhile back. I will miss them but I'm not surprised to hear of the retirement, because of the injury. I guess John wouldn't consider continuing with a new partner, lol.

ros01
04-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Best of luck to them. I wonder if this means they will leave Princeton and go home to Scotland? I'm sure they'll be very popular at shows.

mella
04-01-2011, 10:37 PM
:wuzrobbed

So sad that they are retiring, but so thrilled I got to see their last competitive performance at Euros and the medal win.

Would have been lovely to see them at Euros next year which is being hosted by GB who John and Sinead have represented so well for so many years (I kinda think that such a deal is made of the Scottish, English thing - the home competition to me refers to GB hosting, not England - It's GB that our atheletes compete for in most sports (not all)...).

All the best to them both on their future endeavours!

MikiAndoFan#1
04-01-2011, 10:47 PM
:wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed First Shawn, and now the Kerrs! :wuzrobbed They will be missed! Best of luck to Sinead and John! <3

Holley Calmes
04-01-2011, 10:51 PM
I am not proficient in Ice Dance, and I don't know a lot about the technical aspects of the sport. I respect it tremendously-I am just not as informed as most of you.

But I will say that the Kerrs have always held my interest and admiration. Yes, he is a pretty thing, and they are an attractive couple. But it's not that-it's their combination of athleticism and artistry-very unique artistry-that always capture my attention.

I wish them all the best. Thank you, John and Sinead, for all the beautiful and breathtaking moments. You might not have won World's, but you certainly fulfilled my expectations for excellence and beauty. I hope you'll continue skating in shows so we can still see you or videos of you!

kwanette
04-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Best of luck to them. I wonder if this means they will leave Princeton and go home to Scotland? I'm sure they'll be very popular at shows.

I think that they left Princeton last yr and have been training in Mt . Laurel, NJ.

Lanie
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM
:wuzrobbed I'm sad. I've enjoyed their skating so much. They got me into ice dance and I was lucky enough to meet them at Worlds in LA. Two more wonderful people in the skating world can't be found!

Aussie Willy
04-01-2011, 11:52 PM
They will certainly be missed. They have done some of the best and most interesting programmes in ice dance for many years now.

suki
04-02-2011, 12:04 AM
You are correct, Kwanette. The Kerrs trained with Platov at my rink in Mount Laurel, NJ. Everyone loves them at the rink for their friendliness and good humor (and for us hetero women, John for his dashing good looks) :lol:

I know both John and Sinead are dating skaters who train at the rink and live nearby. I don't know how this will affect their future decisions. I would love to see them both become coaches at the rink in between touring, etc. I have first dibs on a dance lesson with John ;)

eleonorad
04-02-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm so sad, I really wish they could stay for Sheffield..

Imperfect Edge
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
They are Scottish, I think, since they did that Scottish OD awhile back. I will miss them but I'm not surprised to hear of the retirement, because of the injury. I guess John wouldn't consider continuing with a new partner, lol.

Yes and they are also BRITISH representing BRITAIN (sorry personal dislike of devolution but won't get started on that).

Gutted to hear they won't be skating in Sheffield - they always said they would love the chance to skate at home. But considering they were only ever planning to continue to 2010 I guess its another year before they can move on with their lives - whatever that involves.

eleonorad
04-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I really don't think they don't care because they're scottish, it's no sense anyway. Probably they don't stay for the same reasons Stephane didn't stay for Bern 2011.