PDA

View Full Version : Is Sasha Cohen Going To Go To College?

Pages : [1] 2 3

missing
04-01-2011, 02:32 PM
A friend of mine emailed me to say she saw Sasha on the Today Show this morning and Sasha mentioned being accepted by NYU (and my friend thought maybe Columbia also).:)

Does anyone here know more about this?

Willowway
04-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Sasha has already spoken about taking classes (she has already taken a few apparently) at NYU and her intention to possibly attend in interviews. Is she going to attend in a more concentrated way to get a degree - sounds like she is thinking of that. If she mentioned Columbia that's new. We'll see what she does next academic year.

Macassar88
04-01-2011, 02:53 PM
That's cool wherever she goes.
Has she said anything about what she wants to do after college yet?

Sylvia
04-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Here's a Sasha Cohen article from last month in which she mentions college: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3094184&postcount=14

Also posted in that thread: FSO Q&A (March 22, 2011): http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2011/03/22/sasha-cohen-i-think-that-im-truly-done/

Are you planning to attend college this summer or fall?

I’m hoping to. I’m hoping to take some summer classes in New York and then decide if I want to go to school in the fall depending on how much I’m gonna be traveling or skating and doing shows.

Where would you take classes – would it be NYU (New York University)?

That’s where I’m currently applying so we’ll see. I have to wait for my application to be reviewed.

Do you know what you want to study?

I never got my undergrad, so I’m interested in a lot of things. Definitely business, psychology, I’m also very interested in drama and art – so a little bit of everything.

Simone411
04-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Sasha spoke about college earlier this morning on The Today Show. I also posted a link in the TV Alerts thread.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/

BigB08822
04-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Maybe I am reading too much into it but I kind of laughed when Sasha says "I never got my undergrad, so..." Umm, lol, you can't get an undergrad without going to college first...

IceAlisa
04-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Maybe I am reading too much into it but I kind of laughed when Sasha says "I never got my undergrad, so..." Umm, lol, you can't get an undergrad without going to college first...

She did take college level classes on and off which is what she likely meant.

Lacey
04-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Yay, yippee skippee, this is what I wish for all skaters, go get that degree Sasha. It's going to take a while, part time, but at least she has figured out that she can do summers. And perhaps she is thinking that her SOI might not continue indefinitely, perhaps others (Alissa?) are on their way?

IceAlisa
04-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I just hope it's not film school.

falling_dance
04-01-2011, 06:33 PM
I just hope it's not film school.

:sekret:

It's not film school; it's cat herding. :irina1: is also applying to the program.

IceAlisa
04-01-2011, 07:14 PM

It's not film school; it's cat herding. :irina1: is also applying to the program.

A degree in cat herding is even more useless than a degree in English. :P Both are exercises in futility.

tarotx
04-01-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm happy for Sasha. I think she will love NYU :)

Macassar88
04-02-2011, 03:35 AM

Is that Slutskaya?

reese
04-02-2011, 03:39 AM
I think it would be really hard to be a 27-year-old freshman at NYU. The New School would be better, imo.

OliviaPug
04-02-2011, 03:58 AM
I think it would be really hard to be a 27-year-old freshman at NYU. The New School would be better, imo.

True, but Sasha can pretend she's 20. She looks young enough to be 20, and I have a feeling she will always have that young look (lucky her).

Glad to hear she'll at least be dabbling or maybe more. That's great! She should skate and tour while she still can, and try to see what may interest her in school so she can pursue it when the skating tapers off.

O-