PDA

View Full Version : Russian Federation to hold ice-dance skate offs for the world team

Pages : [1] 2

Andrey aka Pushkin
04-01-2011, 12:04 AM
http://leclan.ru/?p=949

More specifically, seeing the success of the new couple Khohlova/Andreev, the ex-champions of "Skating with Stars" Tatiana Navka and Marat Basharov, will also get a chance to compete at worlds. The skate offs will be somewhen in the second week of April.

There's going to be a skate off between Ilyinyh/Katsalapov, Ryazanova/Tkachenko, Navka/Basharov, Khohlova/Andreev and Gorshkova/Butikov.

There's a wealth of very good ice-dance teams in Russia, and it wouldn't be right to deny them the chance to compete on the home ice in Moscow.

Navka : We saw how successful Jana (Khohlova) became with her new partner, and decided we should give it a try. I don't think Marat is any worse than Fedor, and we've skated for much longer than them.

Basharov : We turned to the federation, and they agreed with us. So now we're going to get our chance to compete in Moscow. I'm really excited! Alexander Zhulin has put the programs together already back in October, but we didn't think we'll get to perform them on such a high level!

:eek:

Well, we'll have to see who gets to go to the worlds!

oleada
04-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Omg, it's a joke :rofl: I thought you were serious for a sec.

caseyedwards
04-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Is this April Fools? The Navka??

beepbeep
04-01-2011, 12:08 AM
And it's April 1st already in some parts of the world! :lol:

skatepixie
04-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Is this April Fools? The Navka??

And of course I was all guarded like -- because it's still March 31. Dang you people. *shakes fist*

Asli
04-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Great Andrey. Now we'll see this "news" quoted in the press all around the world until the commentators pick it up and say it on TV. Even in five years' time people will say "The Russian fed solmetimes holds skate-offs for the Worlds. Remember Khokhlova/Andreev vs Navka/Basharov."

Sigh. ;)

And of course I was all guarded like -- because it's still March 31. Dang you people. *shakes fist*

Where we are it is April 1st. Do we have to live according to your time? May I get up tomorrow morning according to your time? I would like that! :)

berthesghost
04-01-2011, 12:26 AM
brilliant! :lol:

It works because like any good gag, it has a grain of truth to it, so you actually believe it for a split second.

Andrey aka Pushkin
04-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Where we are it is April 1st. Do we have to live according to your time? May I get up tomorrow morning according to your time? I would like that! :)
Worse, even. Israel is changing to summer time tonight, so one hour of sleep less.

ETA : although in my particular case it doesn't make any difference as I sleep as long as I want anyway :lol:

Aussie Willy
04-01-2011, 12:41 AM
I like living in an earlier time zone.

Good one Andrey! The title got me in.

Asli
04-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Worse, even. Israel is changing to summer time tonight, so one hour of sleep less.

ETA : although in my particular case it doesn't make any difference as I sleep as long as I want anyway :lol:

Good! And I'll get up at 7 am skatepixie's time, which I hope is around 2 pm here. :)

Cherub721
04-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Don't put ideas in anyone's head. :lol:

Kasey
04-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Love the Navka quote! Too true!! :)

casken
04-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Way to give me a heart attack. :drama:

Lacey
04-01-2011, 01:43 AM
I fell

Lanna
04-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Lobacheva/Averbukh will have been robbed!