PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Sweet Valley Twins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Stormy
04-05-2011, 05:36 PM
The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike was always my fave by him. I loved the character of Alisa, she fascinated me. He actually released a new Last Vampire book last year and I'd been worried it would suck (no pun intended), but it was awesome. I was thrilled how true to the story it was, and there's going to be another one this year- http://www.amazon.com/Thirst-No-4-Shadow-Death/dp/1442413190/ref=pd_sim_b_3 as well as rumors of a movie.

Cheylana
04-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I think the last book is Spellbound.
Thanks!

And wouldn't "I Know What You Did Last Summer" be a ripoff of Chain Letter? That movie didn't come out until around 1997 and the book is probably from around 1986.
What Veronika said.

Fall into Darkness was a kind of a ripoff on Gimme a Kiss. I think he even wrote that into the story! Fall into Darkness was made into a TV movie with Jonathan Brandis and Tatyana Ali (Ashley from Fresh Prince).
I hate to say it, but this tv-movie does sound rather familiar...!

meggonzo
04-06-2011, 12:37 AM
I Know What You Did Last Summer is based on a book from 1973...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Know_What_You_Did_Last_Summer_%28novel%29

oops... :slinkaway

Stefanie
04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Ugh, it's going to take me a long time to get through the new Sweet Valley book. I'm only 60 pages in to it, but I feel like I should read it through the end. I know it's fluff reading, and I obviously knew that going in, but it's painful reading "like" in every other sentence when Jessica is narrating.

Can someone refresh my memory about this Phi Epsilon whatever fraternity they keep mentioning? It sounds like it's from the high school days, but who has fraternities in high school? :confused:

Veronika
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
The twins were supposedly in a sorority in high school, which always seemed odd to me...I've never heard of that.

Skittl1321
04-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Our high school had a few clubs that fancied themselves to be sororities.... it was mostly an excuse to haze people.

myhoneyhoney
04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Ordered the new SWH book on Kindle for kicks and just finished it. It's perfect for lounge around and laugh/roll eyes reading which is exactly what I expected.