PDA

View Full Version : Alexe Gilles to train with Sato & Dungjen in Detroit

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

victoriaheidi
03-31-2011, 09:57 PM
I can't remember much of Gilles' skating the last few years except her many falls and that awful USO-ish costume.

Actually, I knew Alexe was in trouble after watching her LP at some point this season-that step sequence was atrocious.

I have a question: is the Gilles family made of money or something? I often see remarks about their wealth.

kwanfan1818
03-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Congratulations to Gilles. I hope Sato and Dungjen help her find confidence. She's a fine skater.

OlieRow
03-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Actually, I knew Alexe was in trouble after watching her LP at some point this season-that step sequence was atrocious.

I have a question: is the Gilles family made of money or something? I often see remarks about their wealth.

I don't know anything about their finances or what they do for a living, but I think it mostly comes from the fact that with the exception of this past season they've had 3 skaters (and 2 dancers) competing at an elite level for a while. Regardless of how they make it work (sacrificing elsewhere, scholarships, etc), they seem to be fairly well off.

reese
04-01-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't know anything about their finances or what they do for a living, but I think it mostly comes from the fact that with the exception of this past season they've had 3 skaters (and 2 dancers) competing at an elite level for a while. Regardless of how they make it work (sacrificing elsewhere, scholarships, etc), they seem to be fairly well off.

They have a lot of inherited wealth, as I understand it.

Flying Camel
04-01-2011, 01:05 AM
It's worth a try. I wish Ashley Wagner would go to. She needs a new coach bad.:(

dupagegal
04-01-2011, 03:05 AM
They have a lot of inherited wealth, as I understand it.

The Father is a Doctor.....

Lara
04-01-2011, 04:03 AM
The Father is a Doctor.....

That by itself doesn't equal affording three elite skaters.

victoriaheidi
04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
It's worth a try. I wish Ashley Wagner would go to. She needs a new coach bad.:(

I don't know what Ashley's deal has been the last few years. She's had a lot of issues. I think a year off could do a world of good for her, but I don't know all the circumstances and it's really her choice.

And I'm not sure that Wagner/Czisny should be coached together.

MacMadame
04-01-2011, 04:18 AM
That by itself doesn't equal affording three elite skaters.

But it doesn't hurt. ;)

crzesk8dad
04-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Alexe will be skating at Skaters Care:A benefit for Japan Tsunami relief this Sunday April 3 in Ontario, CA. Come to the event and let her know that you support her move!

dupagegal
04-01-2011, 09:38 PM
hopefully she will have more than a few double jumps...

ilovesalchows
04-01-2011, 09:40 PM
As its a benefit for tsunami victims who cares?

Milan
04-01-2011, 11:37 PM
A bit of a retrospect (I found her 2008 US Nationals Jr LP on my hard drive). She was fantastic as a junior - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4hZKfc4lBI

RD
04-01-2011, 11:53 PM
hopefully she will have more than a few double jumps...

normally I would agree, but this is an exhibition skate for a good cause so it really doesn't matter. Participation is good enough.

Iceman
04-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Compared to his time under Tom, Jeremy has not done competitively as well under Sato as he did under
Tom, so who knows how this will turn out. Maybe, coaching changes are sometimes made for the wrong reasons. I doubt magic has anything to do with what Sato can achieve with a skater.