PDA

View Full Version : Perez Hilton to write children's book

Pages : [1] 2 3

ilovepaydays
03-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Perez Hilton to pen children's book (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/03/perez-hilton-to-pen-childrens-book/1)

Wow - that book tour would be interesting.

WindSpirit
03-29-2011, 05:20 PM
"This story is about every kid that's ever had a dream, felt excluded, wanted to belong, and hoped that one day they could do what they loved and make a difference," ...by becoming a bully? I wonder if he puts any children's pics in the book, is he going to draw semen dripping from their mouths?

taf2002
03-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Just because he writes it doesn't mean anyone will publish it. And if he gets it published doesn't mean people will buy it or read it.

numbers123
03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
I can not imagine this book being anything I would want my grandchildren to be exposed to. The man is a bully disguised as a social media reporter.

BigB08822
03-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Oh, please. His core audience has got to be mostly people without children. Those that do have children have mostly grown up enough to realize what a pathetic person and bully he is and would therefore not purchase anything for their children with his name associated with it. I can't see how this is a good idea, at all. If anything he should write a book with a target of young gay teens, maybe then he would have something of substance to say and it wouldn't be aimed at children.

MacMadame
03-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Just because he writes it doesn't mean anyone will publish it. And if he gets it published doesn't mean people will buy it or read it.

He'll probably self-publish it. That's the way to go these days anyway.

Jenny
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM

He'll probably self-publish it. That's the way to go these days anyway.

According to the article, he has a publishing deal:

It will be published by Celebra Children's Books, in partnership with Penguin Young Readers Group in September. First printing: 75,000 copies.

overedge
03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
The illustrator's website, with a link to the cover art:

http://www.jen-hill.com/

IMHO when people who buy kids' books by "celebrities" they tend to buy books by "celebrities" who have a positive public image. Perez does not fall into that category.

FigureSpins
03-29-2011, 08:19 PM
On the other hand, some people will buy a book written by a celebrity just because of the author, especially his/her fans.

LilJen
03-29-2011, 09:41 PM

Oh, he'll get published all right. Big celebrity = guaranteed $$$ for the publisher, even if the book is awful. (Madonna, anyone?)

FiveRinger
03-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Is this a joke? Seriously? I thought April Fools was still a few days away.

FigureSpins
03-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Oh, he'll get published all right. Big celebrity = guaranteed $$$ for the publisher, even if the book is awful. (Madonna, anyone?)
Madonna's children's books weren't that bad - my kids borrowed them from the Library and liked them a lot. I read the first one and it was okay.

Aussie Willy
03-29-2011, 11:24 PM
I think this thread would be fun if we could some up with some potential Perez kid's book titles. Like "Charlie and the Magic Fairy Dust".

orbitz
03-29-2011, 11:50 PM
IMHO when people who buy kids' books by "celebrities" they tend to buy books by "celebrities" who have a positive public image. Perez does not fall into that category.

Perez does have followers, and some of those followers have kids.

Madonna's first few children books made it t the NYTimes BestSeller List, and I'm not sure Madonna is what come first to mind of moms thinking about celebs with positive public image.

duane
03-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Madonna's first few children books made it t the NYTimes BestSeller List, and I'm not sure Madonna is what come first to mind of moms thinking about celebs with positive public image.
IMO, not at ALL a good analogy to compare icon, record-making, award-winning actress/singer, entrepreneur, businesswoman, philanthropist--and mother--Madonna with Perez Hilton!!