PDA

View Full Version : Make it or Break it returns

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Bonita
09-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Yay, my day is made! Love, love the show. I won't miss Emily. Now if only Hellcats had come back....

loulou
09-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Since Hellcats was on the CW, I don't think it's coming back or it would be on their fall schedule :(

Boo! I don't even recall the show having having a proper wrap up (maybe it's my bad memory).

But I'm glad for MIOBI.

Garden Kitty
09-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Glad to hear that it will be back! I can wait to see what non-trademarked references they make to the "Olympics" :lol:

hirshey girl
09-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Good news.

Looks like Emily won't be back which I'm happy about.

If only they'd get rid of Summer too.

Just curious- where did you read that Emily won't be back? I didn't see that in the article that was linked. Not that I would miss Emily....:shuffle:

Never mind, just found the answer to my question. Will not miss Emily, but will miss Chloe.

Stormy
09-19-2011, 02:29 PM
From what I heard, they didn't specify Emily wasn't coming back one way or another, although I'd be surprised if she was back. That's kinda too bad, she wasn't my fave character but I didn't hate her either. I don't like Kelly Parker or the girl who plays her, but I'm sure she'll be Emily's "replacement".

I'd also given up hope on this being picked up again so I am pleasantly surprised! They probably want to capitalize on the Olys being next year.

michiruwater
09-19-2011, 02:58 PM
It's weird though, I thought they were clearly going for 'down in the dumps poor girl with all talent and no skill works hard and wins Olympics' over 4 seasons. I thought it was obvious from the beginning that that was what was going to happen, and Emily was the focal point of the show much of the time. And now because the actress became pregnant, they just get rid of her? It just strikes me as strange.

And I'd rather they get rid of Lauren, Summer, and that entire family basically.

Bostonfan
09-19-2011, 03:29 PM
The show definitely evolved from it's original premise with Emily. Even before she got pregnant, the writers clearly didn't do much with her. I lost count of how many different ways they showed the cycle of "being poor-breaking the rules with a job/boyfriend, lacking confidence in herself, bucking up and suddenly being brilliant, only to have another emotional breakdown". Oy vey. It got old so fast. That's the writers fault.

But seriously, if I'm an actress paid to play the role of an elite level gymnast, I don't think I'd reasonably expect to continue being the focus of the show because I made the choice to start a family. Many shows can film around an actress' pregnancy. This show would be hard-pressed to do so other than to show Emily getting pregant. And then what? Becoming a coach? Cheering from the sidelines? Not worth it.

somechick
09-19-2011, 06:17 PM
The show definitely evolved from it's original premise with Emily. Even before she got pregnant, the writers clearly didn't do much with her. I lost count of how many different ways they showed the cycle of "being poor-breaking the rules with a job/boyfriend, lacking confidence in herself, bucking up and suddenly being brilliant, only to have another emotional breakdown". Oy vey. It got old so fast. That's the writers fault.

But seriously, if I'm an actress paid to play the role of an elite level gymnast, I don't think I'd reasonably expect to continue being the focus of the show because I made the choice to start a family. Many shows can film around an actress' pregnancy. This show would be hard-pressed to do so other than to show Emily getting pregant. And then what? Becoming a coach? Cheering from the sidelines? Not worth it.

What I don't understand is, if they were just going to send Emily away, why even write her pregnancy into the storyline at all? There are so many other more realistic ways she could have disappeared for a while than that (heck, her arrest could have been a perfect opportunity to have her locked up in juvie for a while or sent to some boot camp type place). The whole pregnancy storyline was ridiculous and so poorly thought out.

Stormy
09-19-2011, 07:03 PM
But I agree, the writers did a poor job with Emily, and perhaps it was Chelsea's choice to not return because of that?

genevieve
03-26-2012, 07:00 PM
I had just about given up on MIOBI coming back, but tonight is the premiere of the new season!!!

There are several changes in the works - and Emily Kmetko is still MIA, along with all the men who love her (boo!). The article breaks it down:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/26/make-it-or-break-it-season-premiere-scoop/

As always, I'm going to have to follow on hulu so will be a few days behind, but is anyone else still on board? :saint:

Bonita
03-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I will be watching. Very excited to see the upcoming season and also for the summer Olympics!

Garden Kitty
03-26-2012, 08:02 PM
I'll be recording and watching with DWTS, but very happy to have them back for the Olympic run.

mkats
03-26-2012, 11:07 PM
ME!!! No TV here so I will have to wait for them to be posted online, but I can't wait!!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
03-27-2012, 02:07 AM
I'll be so disappointed if Payson doesn't find out that Lauren sent the video. I can't take anymore of Lauren getting off scott free.

judiz
03-27-2012, 04:47 AM
I watched but upset that we didn't see Kelly Parker, what's with Lauren?