PDA

View Full Version : Make it or Break it returns

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

victoriaheidi
05-25-2011, 08:06 PM
ITA. I also like that the show revolves around something more than teens gossiping and partying, and the concept of teenagers who are elite athletes is interesting. I just wish that shows like this at least tried to be realistic. Whenever there's a movie made about a sport like gymnastics or skating, it's always so hideously unbelievable.

Moreso than with gymnastics, I think a series chronicling the lives of young, elite, internationally competitive skaters would be fascinating if it were done realistically.

MarieM
05-26-2011, 08:27 AM
I hate the way Lauren is always given second chances, just to do it all over again a few weeks later.
Payson injured ? Come on :lol:

I hated that finale. Weird on all accounts.

victoriaheidi
05-26-2011, 04:52 PM
I hated that finale. Weird on all accounts.

I cried at the end. :) To each his own!

mkats
05-27-2011, 12:32 AM
I could get used to Kelly Parker replacing Emily - I wish they'd had her at the end with the three Rock girls to show that they really did become a team. And I'm kind of :lol: that Payson, Kaylie, and Lauren have basically forgotten that Emily ever existed. Part of me expected the finale to end with a sad Emily watching Worlds from her couch in LA or something.

judiz
05-27-2011, 01:58 AM
I was thinking the same thing about Emily watching worlds but I swear I saw the initials EK on one of the girls sweats when they had their final hug at the end of the show.

Chele615
05-27-2011, 02:17 AM
The initials were most likely GK....the company that designs all the leotards that the girls wear on the show.

Garden Kitty
05-27-2011, 03:01 PM
The initials were most likely GK....the company that designs all the leotards that the girls wear on the show.

Darn, I thought GK was ahout out to me. :(

genevieve
05-28-2011, 04:32 PM
FInally saw the 2-part finale.

I really really want this show to be renewed, but the last ep had some sense of closure to it, so other than who will go to Olys (and of course win), there aren't a lot of questions hanging out there.

I thought it was weird that they didn't mention the individual stuff at all. They were acting like the individual medals would be decided during that phase of the competition but then they didn't mention it.
Considering they barely even admit that the guys compete too, I'm not surprised. I mean, we saw Austin there being a superstar, but didn't see him one in gymnast clothes did we? And then I had to laugh when injured Max hobbled in at the end - why was he there? who paid for his trip? :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if they either never mention the AA or individual results again, or it's just slipped in randomly in future episodes as if we watched the whole thing.

They have succeeded in handling Kelly Parker's nastyness-but-for-a-reason so much better than they ever have Lauren's. Sure her mom is an OTT beeyotch but we can see why she does the things she does, and the hunger she had for friendship was palpable. In the end she did the right thing by giving the diary back, and for the right reason (as opposed to Lauren who only does the right thing in sekret because it will directly benefit her even more than her conniving).

Sad to say, I didn't mind that Emily's name was not even mentioned once in these 2 eps. I was kinda hoping that KP would end up joining the Rock and becoming their 4th elite. I know the 'lock them in the room together' was silly but I enjoyed those scenes.

PML Max!!! I never would expect the subject of bisexuality - especially male bisexuality, which is more taboo than female sexuality - to be bought up on a show on ABC Family :rofl: of course, it was so random and not brought up again. This is the one string that, if the show doesn't come back, seems just lame because it didn't go anywhere.

My one beef with the two episodes - continuity for the Keelers. Ep 1, Mama Keeler is the one pushing for letting Payson take the endorsement because they're so broke. 5 minutes later they're in Rio and she's chiding her husband for using a "good chunk" of the $$ on his plane ticket, since hers was partially covered by the Rock (er...why then was she not going to go originally?), refusing free drinks, and freaking out about what bad parents they are. naturally that's the perfect time for a college scout to approach them about a scholarship to Dartmouth :rofl: that was really the only :rolleyes: moment. (oh, and between the party at the tanner's, the hospital, and the flight the next morning, when did they have time to sign the paperwork, deposit the check, and buy their plane tickets to Rio? Even if they did an ATM deposit overnight, a $25K would not have cleared for use right away ;) )

I like Summer, but I do wonder now how they would explain her ongoing presence at the gym, since she's completely broken off from the Tanners. My guess is she'll soften on Lauren eventually, and maybe get back with Sasha.

Go Kaylie and Austin!

ice dance
05-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Why is Lauren so obsessed with Summer becoming her mother?

judiz
05-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Why is Lauren so obsessed with Summer becoming her mother?

Lauren's mom was a drug addict who was never there for Lauren. She sees Summer with her strict religious values as someone who would never chose drugs over family. Plus, even though Lauren resented Summer in the past, I think she finally realized she was always there when needed i.e. after the Tanner's Nationals party when Carter's relationship with Kaylee was discovered and Carter turned against Lauren. Summer was the only one Lauren could talk to afterwards.

Bostonfan
09-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Just read that the show will be renewed to continue the story of the girls vying for the upcoming Olympics.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-family-renews-make-break-236503

mkats
09-18-2011, 02:40 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!! :cheer2:

loulou
09-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Just read that the show will be renewed to continue the story of the girls vying for the upcoming Olympics.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-family-renews-make-break-236503

I never thought they would pick it up again. But I'll keep watching, I guess. Event though, now that I think of it, are they renewing Hellcats? That had a better script, imo.

genevieve
09-18-2011, 04:35 PM
YEAH!! I had given up on a renewal, so glad to head it.

Since Hellcats was on the CW, I don't think it's coming back or it would be on their fall schedule :(

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Good news.

Looks like Emily won't be back which I'm happy about.

If only they'd get rid of Summer too.