PDA

View Full Version : Make it or Break it returns

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

mkats
04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Wait, what?? Only three more weeks? :wuzrobbed: Are we even going to see what happens at the Olympics? I guess they could pick the team next week... but... :wuzrobbed: :wuzrobbed: :wuzrobbed:

genevieve
04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
aw, only 3 more episodes ever? :drama: I guess not a surprise - no one has bothered to update the wiki for S3 (including cast info, which I find irritating!), but I was hoping that either there would be one more season for the Olys, or at least this season would be longer...it seems like the season just started!

I can't believe Kelly is gone just like that :( Just when she was getting likeable. I knew the snitch was Gracie Wendy Gold, but seeing her go toe to evil toe with Mama Parker was priceless :lol:

I can get over the "Jordan" skill name, but I was :rofl: at the idea that the NGO was demanding to see a skill performed right now that they knew she hadn't even been training. They must have been hoping for an injury as an excuse to get rid of her. And more teasing talk of Ellen Beals, but no Ellen herself?!? There better be an Ellen Beals sighting by the end of the season or I'm gonna be hot :mitchell:

Where is the bunny?!?! :drama: I hope Gracie Wendy Gold didn't boil it or anything.

loulou
04-26-2012, 12:00 AM
I didn't know the series was ending in just 3 weeks! According to their creator's tweets (@hollybsorensen), they're at least hoping for a wrap-up movie. Say it ain't so, ABC Family!

Me neither, I didn't know season three was for good, and that short on top of it! No wonder they're going like drunk drivers with the script, they're probably putting in no effort whatsoever.

You cancel this, but keep the increasingly ridiculous Secret Life?

Make It or Break It is by far the crappiest tv serie I watch. I keep watching, but I can't say I'm proud.

But The Secret Life of the American Teeager? That one I couldn't even go through season two. I only picked it up because Shawn Johnson was said to make an appearance, which she did, for five seconds, making all other actors look good.

At season two, episode ten, character Grace makes a speach at a Teenager Abstinence Group. The TAG had me already on the fence, but then she made a limerick:

I'm sorry Jesus that I had sex
I don't know what happened
it's so complex
I promised I would wait
till I was wed
and dispite that promise
I ended up in bed
I never thought anything could feel so good
I thought wives just do it because
they think they should
but after all was said and done
I did feel guilty for
having so much fun
So now I'm focused on being a surgeon
as a way of not thinking about
not being a virgin.

I wanted to open with a joke but, when I googled christian jokes on sex I couldn't find any.

That was it for me. I got rid of one crap serie, they made me a favour.

-- PS: I also wish I hadn't seen Pretty in Pink this way.

Hannahclear
04-26-2012, 01:47 AM
I bet some kind of scandal (with Wendy, perhaps?) knocks somebody off the team and Lauren steps in as an alternate.

I didn't know the series was ending in just 3 weeks! According to their creator's tweets (@hollybsorensen), they're at least hoping for a wrap-up movie. Say it ain't so, ABC Family! You cancel this, but keep the increasingly ridiculous Secret Life?

That's it!!!!!!

:wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

I thought I was going to ride this drama train all the way into July!

:wuzrobbed

Theatregirl1122
04-26-2012, 04:29 AM
I didn't know the series was ending in just 3 weeks! According to their creator's tweets (@hollybsorensen), they're at least hoping for a wrap-up movie. Say it ain't so, ABC Family! You cancel this, but keep the increasingly ridiculous Secret Life?

That is because Secret Life is hilarious. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Sure, it has no idea that it is a satire, but you know...

But The Secret Life of the American Teeager? That one I couldn't even go through season two. I only picked it up because Shawn Johnson was said to make an appearance, which she did, for five seconds, making all other actors look good.

At season two, episode ten, character Grace makes a speach at a Teenager Abstinence Group. The TAG had me already on the fence, but then she made a limerick:

I'm sorry Jesus that I had sex
I don't know what happened
it's so complex
I promised I would wait
till i was wed
and dispite that promise
I ended up in bed
I never thought anything could feel so good
I thought wives just do it because
they think they should
but after all was said and done
I did feel guilty for
having so much fun
So now I'm focused on being a surgeon
as a way to not thinking about
not being a virgin.

I wanted to open with a joke but, when I googled christian jokes on sex i couldn't find any.

That was it for me. I got rid of one crap serie, they made me a favour.

See, you're just proving you don't UNDERSTAND Secret Life. This poem isn't a reason NOT to watch it. It's a reason to watch and enjoy the pure, unadulterated WTF. It is glorious. I mean, a show full of characters not REMOTELY likable made by people who have never met a teenager and who think that creepy is normal for teenage guys and acted awkwardly? Brilliance. (Although Shailene Woodley was nominated for a Golden Globe. Not for this, obviously.)

loulou
04-26-2012, 09:05 AM
See, you're just proving you don't UNDERSTAND Secret Life.

You got me spot on.

I don't understand satires that have no idea they are satires (also, btw, I can't stand fiction and fantasy).

(Although Shailene Woodley was nominated for a Golden Globe. Not for this, obviously.)

I know I'm gonna like The Descendants. I ususally keep the best for last, when I at last have all time in the world to just focus on the past year gems - that's usually the winter and the summer holidays.
That is, if I can resist. So far I was never able to wait to see The Good Wife nor The Closer - too bad, I know I would have enjoyed them so much more if I had.

Theatregirl1122
04-27-2012, 04:40 AM
If you can't stand fiction, than how are you watching TV?

loulou
04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
If you can't stand fiction, than how are you watching TV?

Sorry: I meant science fiction.

mkats
05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
One less episode to go :wuzrobbed:

I like Jordyn. :shuffle: and I'm way more sucked into this teenage girl drama than I should be.

Payson going to the retreat to find this random guy was just so :rofl: out there and unrealistic - only MIOBI would have thought of it :lol: did we even find out what exactly his "alternative" treatment is?

It was nice to see Summer again, and as much as I don't like Steve, it was kind of touching seeing him telling Lauren that they would still be Team Tanner, that they would pull through this.

BUNNY sighting! I was wondering what Wendy was doing, sitting there shredding cabbage at first :lol:

Austin and Kaylie... sigh. I liked this couple but their story just seemed so fragmented this season and awkwardly fitted around other more important storylines. I guess that's the last of we'll see of Austin.

Already can't wait for next week :)

Cloudy_Gumdrops
05-03-2012, 05:42 AM
I can't believe how much Payson (my former fave) is bugging me this season.

At this point, I'm hoping Kaylie is the only rock girl who makes the Olympic team.

Summer sucks, the end.

genevieve
05-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Mr Bun sighting!!!!!!! :cheer2:

This show was never super realistic to begin with, but they are taking it to new heights with the "gymnastics in the real world" stunts, like Payson flipping over the wall, or when the girls broke into the gym at night earlier this season :rofl: As if!!

No shock that Austin was going to be cut from the team, but it was surprising just HOW big of an asshole he was, and out of the blue. Poor Kaylie and her oversized umbrella :(

I think Candace Cameron Bure has it written into her contract that she'll only appear on the show if she can god it up. I always liked Summer though :cool:

Payson & Rigo :grope:

Feh, still no Ellen Beals - at least they didn't tease us by talking about her!

ooooooh! I was looking for info on IMDB and Chelsea Hobbs is scheduled to appear in next week's episode. THE RETURN OF EMILY KMETKO?!?!!!?!??!

Bonita
05-03-2012, 07:17 PM
The superhero special effects are killing me. So dorky....

As someone who is passionate about rabbits, the rabbit as a pet in the dorm thing is also killing me. You don't carry around a rabbit in a purse. They need a place to sleep and to go to the bathroom, either a large cage or an exercise pen with a litterbox if they're littertrained. And they don't eat cabbage, it causes GI issues. Argh.

I hope the Payson "losing her virginity" thing is a setup and she's just saying yes to advanced making out or something. She barely knows the guy!

I don't know how to do spoiler tags, but maybe the spoiler above has something to do with Payson "losing it," i.e., look what happens, I have Exhibit A!

mkats
05-03-2012, 08:05 PM
So I guess this means we won't see the Olympics. :(

genevieve
05-03-2012, 08:27 PM
I hope the Payson "losing her virginity" thing is a setup and she's just saying yes to advanced making out or something. She barely knows the guy!
:confused: they've been dating for several episodes, and the girls all talk about having been there for months. I don't think she barely knows the guy, and I'm actually pleased that ABC Family presents a pretty normal teen/late-teen transition in a somewhat realistic and non-preachy way (and yes, including the consequences as we saw last season)

I don't know how to do spoiler tags, but maybe the spoiler above has something to do with Payson "losing it," i.e., look what happens, I have Exhibit A!
Oh god, that better NOT be where they're going with it :wall:

loulou
05-04-2012, 12:02 AM
As someone who is passionate about rabbits, the rabbit as a pet in the dorm thing is also killing me. You don't carry around a rabbit in a purse.

I thought so! - Thanks for saying.

My thought exactly when they zipped up the tent: how many girls can ABC afford to let have sex and not get pregnant?