PDA

View Full Version : How do you "kitten-proof" your apartment?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Anita18
03-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Why can't cats just stick to edible things? :(
I'm this close to offering daily house cleaning to my friend. She's always got so many scrunchies and all kinds of strings on her floor :yikes:
Depends on the cat. Our kitten never ate the string or toys she played with no matter how small they were. But yeah, to be safest, assume that they will eat it. :P

another possible issue (http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/03/28/funny-pictures-live-in-paper-houses/#comments)
OMG yes I forgot! We've given up on reinstalling the mesh in our sliding screen door because the kitten would bash right through it and end up outside. :rofl: One time she escaped and I came home to see the TOP HALF of the screen door flapping in the wind. I found her shortly just outside the backyard and when she saw me, she slinked guiltily back into the yard and started to climb up the mutilated screen door...which answered my question as to how the top half came to be loose. What was hilarious was that I tried to pluck her off the screen door so I could bring her in myself, and she meowed and hung on as if to say, "I can do it myself! I got out this way, I can get back in this way!"

Oh, cats. :rofl:

Jenny
03-29-2011, 12:49 PM
My cats often play with wadded up balls of paper; however, I'd always thought that tin foil was a no-no???? (Not sure where I got that idea, so no idea how accurate it is.)

Never heard that - we always wad them up quite tightly, and they become almost smooth with play so no bits to break off and swallow. I can't remember ever seeing them attempt to chew them or even carry them in their mouths - they just bat them around.

Beefcake
03-29-2011, 03:34 PM
How do you "kitten-proof" your apartment?
Get a puppy ;), that's how! :dog:

Dogz Rule!!!! :kickass:

Artemis@BC
03-29-2011, 05:11 PM
^ Yeah, because there are no issues whatsover with puppies chewing, peeing, chewing, klutzing, and chewing. :lol:

Jenny
03-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Don't forget the drooling!

Beefcake
03-29-2011, 05:26 PM
^ Yeah, because there are no issues whatsover with puppies chewing, peeing, chewing, klutzing, and chewing. :lol:
:P But, the house is totally kitten-proof, no? My work here is done.

Besides, klutzing is adorable. :swoon:

and Whippets don't drool ... how dare she?!

Artemis@BC
03-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Besides, klutzing is adorable. :swoon:

Well, I'll give you that one. Esp. with the breeds where the puppies are born with adult-dog-sized paws -- oh so cute!

JerseySlore
03-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Get a puppy ;), that's how! :dog:

Dogz Rule!!!! :kickass:

Trust me, that's what I've been telling her. :shuffle:
She said "but doggies drop massive turd everywhere" :rofl::confused:

Anita18
03-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Trust me, that's what I've been telling her. :shuffle:
She said "but doggies drop massive turd everywhere" :rofl::confused:
That's one thing I'll give cats. Give a kitten a litter box and she'll know what to do with it. Takes a lot more work to train a puppy. :P

IceAlisa
03-29-2011, 10:41 PM

Don't forget the drooling!

And smelling like a wet dog...