PDA

View Full Version : SOICanada-Whom would you like to replace those going to Moscow?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Skate Talker
03-29-2011, 08:28 PM
I am in two minds about my feeling on this but wish Shawn all the best in his future endeavors. Perhaps the time is right since he accomplished a great deal this year and will retire with a high profile. Hopefully this will help to boost his post-competitive aspirations.

kirkbiggestfan
03-29-2011, 08:39 PM
I am moving to Montreal next week. How come there are no Quebec dates for SOI canada?

SamuraiK
03-29-2011, 08:55 PM
While it sucks that he wont be at Worlds after a 5 years absence!! I can see why this is the right decission for Shawn... Kudos to him.

quebecoise
03-30-2011, 12:43 AM
I am moving to Montreal next week. How come there are no Quebec dates for SOI canada?

I guess there aren't enough tickets sold. CSOI were in Montreal in 2007, but didn't come in 2008 and 2009. They came back last year in 2010. We were a really great crowd. All red sections were full. I was really surprised they don't come this year after the crowd last year.
I am disappointed too.

blue_idealist
03-30-2011, 12:59 AM
And from CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2011/03/29/sp-worlds-canada-lacoste-reynolds.html

Amelie Lacoste is replacing Myriane Samson, who is injured.

I was thinking Amelie could go on the tour.. I guess they'll have to find someone else

clarie
03-30-2011, 02:08 AM
I was thinking Amelie could go on the tour.. I guess they'll have to find someone else

Is there anyone else? :rolleyes:

Proustable
03-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Jessica Dube? She's a world medalist and there are worse ways to (re)start a singles career.

blue_idealist
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Is there anyone else? :rolleyes:

I can't think of anybody, lol, except maybe Alexandra Najarro but I don't know if she's ready to skate in shows.

quartz
03-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Does Jennifer Robinson still skate shows and stuff - she has a fair amount of show experience - although I do realize she is involved in municipal politics and has a small child, so a cross-country tour might be pretty difficult on such short notice...

Skate Talker
03-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Maybe Jen Robinson would be up for a twirl or two?

Edited to add - :lol: It's true - great minds do think alike!

quartz
03-30-2011, 04:19 PM
What's Mira Leung doing lately? Josee Chouinard? Wow, we really don't have many top ladies to draw upon - maybe we can borrow Mirai Nagasu from the states for a couple of weeks?

quebecoise
03-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Does Jennifer Robinson still skate shows and stuff - she has a fair amount of show experience - although I do realize she is involved in municipal politics and has a small child, so a cross-country tour might be pretty difficult on such short notice...

Jennifer Robinson is 8 months pregnant of her second child according to her Facebook's page. She can't skate right now lol.

quartz
03-30-2011, 06:47 PM
8 months pregnant!!! Well, I guess that's a "no" isn't it?!?
Her little girl is only a little over a year isn't she? Wow, that's really close together - but am very happy for her.

blue_idealist
03-31-2011, 03:41 AM
Mira Leung? no thanks..

Although, what about Lesley Hawker? I liked her.

victoriajh
03-31-2011, 05:35 AM
What's Mira Leung doing lately??
OMG i hope you are kidding....

she is preggo- and on city counsel- makes it hard to skate in showes me thinks:D

Mira Leung? no thanks..

DITTO- what kind of draw is Mira anyway? maybe her mum would come....