PDA

View Full Version : SOICanada-Whom would you like to replace those going to Moscow?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

luckiest1
03-26-2011, 11:35 AM
I would love to see Lawrence and Swiegers get picked up by SOI. They were a riot in Kingston, they have a lot of personality on the ice. I'd also love to see Paul and Islam perform, they have so much potential and remind me of a young Virtue and Moir. I am interested to see what SOI decide to do. It's too bad that all the Ontario stops are conflicting with Worlds, because I might have picked up another show if I could have seen the two different casts (depending on who they choose).

skamper23
03-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm wondering if they would ask Tanith & Ben to fill in for Tessa and Scott? Also Ina and Zimmerman have been filling in for Sale & Pelletier when needed on the U.S. tour...they already know all the group numbers, so it would make sense if they were available.

victorskid
03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm wondering if they would ask Tanith & Ben to fill in for Tessa and Scott? Also Ina and Zimmerman have been filling in for Sale & Pelletier when needed on the U.S. tour...they already know all the group numbers, so it would make sense if they were available.

That would make a lot of sense - Tanith has dual citizenship and it would bring in the "Battle of the Blades" connection (with Kyoko).

pani
03-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Maybe Tanith will work on Universall sports during WCh?

Teenes
03-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Would be cool to see fresh skaters, but I think the thing they're most likely to do is ask some of the US skaters to come up to Canada. No need to teach a new group of people the group choreography, and it's probably easier to extend contracts than reach out and do new ones. Tanith & Ben as the dance team, either Michael or Todd in place of Shawn... They do need another woman, if they want to keep the cast the same size and profile (for the group numbers). Katia's already committed to Yu-Na's show. Hence my Shae-Lynn suggestion. Though, I'd forgotten she coaches.

skatingfan04
03-26-2011, 09:56 PM
I would love to see Lawrence and Swiegers get picked up by SOI. They were a riot in Kingston, they have a lot of personality on the ice. I'd also love to see Paul and Islam perform, they have so much potential and remind me of a young Virtue and Moir. I am interested to see what SOI decide to do. It's too bad that all the Ontario stops are conflicting with Worlds, because I might have picked up another show if I could have seen the two different casts (depending on who they choose).

That would be AWESOME :) I love both teams, and If I had to pick replacements, I would have suggested the same two.

I wonder if CSOI will do local replacements for each show...for egs. Paul and Islam train in Barrie, so perhaps ask them to perform in the Ontario shows, and then having Lawrence & Swiegers skate the shows out west. There are plenty of great skaters to choose from all over thye country, and that would probably be the most convenient solution given the fact that this is all short notice. Just a thought.

victorskid
03-26-2011, 11:11 PM
I wonder if CSOI will do local replacements for each show...for egs. Paul and Islam train in Barrie, so perhaps ask them to perform in the Ontario shows, and then having Lawrence & Swiegers skate the shows out west. There are plenty of great skaters to choose from all over thye country, and that would probably be the most convenient solution given the fact that this is all short notice. Just a thought.

That idea probably wouldn't be practical since the skaters involved will have to learn the group numbers that are part of the show. Normally the cast works together for a few days in Halifax with the initial show there before they "hit the road".

JasperBoy
03-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Ummmm. If Eladj Balde was in CSOI I would buy a ticket toot sweet. Yes, even if I had to watch Sasha and Evan. Now why aren't THEY going to Moscow?

victorskid
03-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Here's a thought - Kurt is normally part of the announcing team on CBC. It was confirmed today that they'll be covering the rescheduled Worlds. I wonder what Kurt's contractual responsibilities are with CSOI and with CBC ...

By the way, he was part of their "special edition" today, via Skype from the SOI tour location.

The Accordion
03-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Ummmm. If Eladj Balde was in CSOI I would buy a ticket toot sweet. Yes, even if I had to watch Sasha and Evan. Now why aren't THEY going to Moscow?

Eladj Balde! Oh yeahhhhh!

WildRose
03-27-2011, 07:15 AM
From David Baden on Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/bababad

Good news skating fan! Shawn Sawyer will do all 12 Starsonice shows!
So, Shawn's turning Pro... I'm so glad I got to see his last skate at Canadians - way to go out in style. I'll look forward to seeing him in CSOI this year - and hopefully for many years to come .

JasperBoy
03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
From David Baden on Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/bababad

So, Shawn's turning Pro... I'm so glad I got to see his last skate at Canadians - way to go out in style. I'll look forward to seeing him in CSOI this year - and hopefully for many years to come .

Absolutely! That was a very emotional skate. Go Shawn!

blue_idealist
03-27-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm sad Shawn's not going to worlds but I guess he would prefer to do the show, so as long as he's happy!

Does this mean Kevin Reynolds is going to worlds?

Skate Talker
03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Yda on CBC Slipchuk from Skate Canada definitely said that ALL the skaters were on board with going to Worlds so I am a bit skeptical that this news about Shawn is true. He worked so hard to get back on the World team that I can only see this if he had an injury that he felt would make it hard to do worlds but okay with say lesser content on the tour.

Skate Talker
03-27-2011, 03:21 PM

That would be okay for sure. I am not a really big fan of Tanith and Ben but have never seen them in person so would be very interested to see if that would increase my appreciation.

:lol: - but I totally agree

Here's a thought - Kurt is normally part of the announcing team on CBC. It was confirmed today that they'll be covering the rescheduled Worlds. I wonder what Kurt's contractual responsibilities are with CSOI and with CBC ...

By the way, he was part of their "special edition" today, via Skype from the SOI tour location.

Yes, exactly - he was on tour right when the original Worlds was scheduled so was he added into the cast for these stops at the last moment due to World's cancellation or was he committed to SOI US tour and NOT scheduled to be a commentator on CBC? Without checking, I think it is the latter so the same thing applies to the Canadian tour now that things have shifted back a month, imho.

Also I would be happy to go along with the Shae Lynn suggestion as well still sticking with Paul/Islam and Lawrence/Swiegers. I just want to see everybody :D