PDA

View Full Version : SOICanada-Whom would you like to replace those going to Moscow?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

victorskid
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I honestly don't think there's anyone they could add that would make me buy a ticket at this point. When I was checking before the prices were in the 90.00 range in my city .. no thanks! I love Kurt Browning but the prices are too crazy for just a few skaters (in Canada at least).

Judy - there are lower level seats in Ottawa in the $54 range and the view from them is excellent. That's where I'll be sitting with a group of friends, enjoying the show, whoever we get to see.

siberia82
03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Do we know for sure that CSOI will be seeking replacement skaters?

Parsley Sage
03-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Do we know for sure that CSOI will be seeking replacement skaters?

I would think they would have to for the first few shows. With V&M, Sawyer and Phaneuf going to worlds, that's about 1/3 of the cast missing.

midori
03-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Not a Canadian but I would love Ashley Wagner to join the cast.

She was amazing in HFOI, and IMHO she is one of the best female show skater.

Skate Talker
03-25-2011, 03:15 PM
In Winnipeg ticket prices start at $33 and though these are not the closest seats if one is bold enough they can probably find a way into a better seat since they seldom sell out the more expensive ones.

In another thread I had already proposed that CSOI should add some of the "next in line" Canadian eligible skaters who are not going to worlds, like Paige and Rudi and also Paul and Islam, etc. Good developmental move for sure and entertaining for me :)

Skate Talker
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Have to add this - I would also love to see Brodeur and Mattatall - they just announced their retirement from eligible competition.

http://www.skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?id=04614d8b-a9f7-4333-ac54-03b7accac068

The Accordion
03-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Nam Nguyen! Okay maybe he is too young - but he is super entertaining!
Emmanuel. How about Sebastien Britten - does he skate any more? I loved him! Also Paul and Islam and Lawrence and Swiegers.

Scrufflet
03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Brilliant ideas all! I love the Battle of the Bladers idea! I also think it would be brilliant to have Shae (would she be in Moscow) and Kurt do a few more numbers together. Those two could do an entire show and I'd be happy!

Teenes
03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Definitely Shae-Lynn Bourne. They need ladies and she'd be great in the group numbers.

victorskid
03-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Definitely Shae-Lynn Bourne. They need ladies and she'd be great in the group numbers.

I agree BUT perhaps she's planning to be in Moscow with her dance team?

Judy
03-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Judy - there are lower level seats in Ottawa in the $54 range and the view from them is excellent. That's where I'll be sitting with a group of friends, enjoying the show, whoever we get to see.

That's still a lot of $$ for what you get. I'm just not into the exhibition skating as much as I used to be .. and the cast that CSOI draws now is just too small.

Skate Talker
03-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I, on the other hand, actually enjoy more Canadian skaters who are not such big names. I always used to be jealous that I only got the "regular" Stars on Ice cast and not the one that toured with Skate the Nation version

shutterbug
03-25-2011, 06:49 PM
I, on the other hand, actually enjoy more Canadian skaters who are not such big names. I always used to be jealous that I only got the "regular" Stars on Ice cast and not the one that toured with Skate the Nation version

Me too. Iíd much rather watch Cynthia Phaneuf than Sasha Cohen. CSOI is great experience for our younger skaters. Joannie really blossomed after doing a whole tour. BTW, Lawrence & Swiegers are apparently the guest skaters at the MB Sectionís Bursary Foundation show this year. Tickets are usually available to the public, but nothing has been posted on the Section website as of yet.

Twilight1
03-26-2011, 02:20 AM
I am all about seeing Shae Lynn. I haven't seen her skate for awhile (not counting the Dance Show her and Kurt did in the fall)

I would love to see her on the tour. Other options would be Sandhu and Wing & Lowe!!

Rock2
03-26-2011, 02:26 AM
All good suggestions.

However, if you're in a pinch, just stuff Brubaker, Hay and Zimmerman into a tight pair of jeans and push them out to center ice. No one will give a flying feck what they do. :grope: