PDA

View Full Version : Need A New TV Series To Love

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

star_gazer11
03-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Life (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0874936/)
Threshold (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460686/) (unfortunately short lived)
Alias (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285333/) (the show that JJ Abrams was known for before Lost)

and ditto Gilmore Girls and Joan of Arcadia. :)

Current shows:
White Collar
The Good Wife
Chuck

Jenny
03-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Action (Naughty-before-its-time Jay Mohr/Illeana Douglas comedy about the dog-eat-dog life in the television industry)

I remember that show! It was excellent.

*Jen*
03-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Ahh! How could I forget my epic Christmas The Big Bang Theory Marathon? Or the weeks I spent on How I Met Your Mother?

PDilemma
03-24-2011, 11:20 PM
I would also recommend The West Wing and Monk.

And if you enjoyed The X-Files, definitely check out Fringe. It is amazing; especially in seasons 2 and 3 --season 3 is airing now, though, so you may have to wait to catch up!

Cyn
03-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh, I loved Battlestar Galactica - the new one, not the one from the 1970's. Highly recommended.

:respec:

This was going to be my suggestion as well - although BSG is categorized as Science Fiction, in actuality it's a more like a compelling drama that happens to take place in Space.

I looked forward to Friday nights the way a lot of people look forward to payday or kid counts down the days until Christmas :lol: . Then, after watching an episode, I used to find myself thinking about it a lot the next day, turning everything over in my mind, and the like.

RubyLaRhumba
03-25-2011, 12:26 AM
I loved Fawlty Towers!

GarrAarghHrumph
03-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I'd add 24 to the growing list. I only watched the last 3 seasons, but I've heard great things about the earlier seasons. I've been meaning to go back and watch from the start.

I've bought the earlier season DVDs so I can get caught up.

Grannyfan
03-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Not a series, but a six-part mini-series I saw on BBC America and then watched again from Netflix: Luther. Terrific detective/crime story. Each episode covers a different crime, but there's a continuing back story. I loved it.

Mad Men, as others have said

JumpinBug
03-25-2011, 01:36 AM
I second the Life rec. I just rewatched both seasons, thinking they'd make more sense... not really, but really enjoyed it! :)

Firefly is a given. Babylon 5, YES! MI:5 (Spooks) has been cheap at Costco. As Time Goes By, Chef. I've been watching Stargate and Stargate Atlantis, hilariously awesome.

I've picked up a few things for $10-20 a season recently to give a try... Fringe, How I Met Your Mother. Been picking up Andromeda to rewatch, and the first season of Earth: Final Conflict.

Badams
03-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

rjblue
03-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Can you rent Misfits in the USA? I can't wait for season 3. It's a very quirky but fascinating series.

*Jen*
03-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Oh yes! Misfits is great!

Artemis@BC
03-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Another one (how could I forget?!), still in production: House. First 6 seasons currently available on DVD.

Clytie
03-25-2011, 09:27 PM
I almost never watch tv but I do have to echo the love for BSG. I really liked it more than I thought I would- and there is some nice eye candy as well.
Other shows I really enjoyed that are over and would recommend -
Nikita- kind of bleak and sometimes eye-rolling but I watched because I was a huge fan of the story of Michael and Nikita. I am getting into the reboot as well.
Oz- I never thought I would watch a prison drama but it was one of my favourite programs. I can't watch a program unless I like at least one person and literally there was only one on there I liked (Said) yet I still kept watching.
I am giving half a recommendation to Profiler. Just because I like shows with strong female leads. Other parts of the show bothered me. It also has some great actors in it.

As for other shows of those currently on- I've stopped watching Criminal Minds but loved the first 4 seasons.
I am just getting into The Closer. I think its run is almost over so its going into the series done shelf soon.

BittyBug
03-26-2011, 04:16 AM
I am giving half a recommendation to Profiler. Just because I like shows with strong female leads. Other parts of the show bothered me. It also has some great actors in it.I would second Profiler. Without a Trace is in a similar vein.