PDA

View Full Version : Spring Movie Thread (April to June 2011)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

BigB08822
06-03-2011, 01:26 AM
I know a lot of people planning on seeing it. I like X Men (actually watched the first 2 this week just because) but wont be running out to see it. It is a DVD movie for me.

nursebetty
06-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Saw Bridesmaid and have to agree, a really fun movie, but some parts were toooooo long. A guy most have written the bridal gown shopping part.

Buzz
06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Anyone has plan to see X-Men this weekend? I think it's going to be huge. 89% approval on RottenTomatoes.

Now that you put it like that, I think I will check it out. hehehe

Buzz
06-05-2011, 06:05 AM
I did go see X-Men this weekend and it was pretty good and could see it again but I wouldn't say I was bowled over. BTW... James McAvoy was born to play the Prefessor and was excellent in the roll!

cailuj365
06-06-2011, 12:17 AM
I just saw X-Men: First Class, a very decent prequel to the X-Men trilogy. It was definitely entertaining and had good performances, particularly by James McAvoy and the guy who played Magneto.

Bridesmaids was absolutely hilarious. I loved it, but I agree that it dragged in parts. It took me so long to recognize Melissa McCarthy as the actress who played Lorelai's friend on Gilmore Girls. Talk about a contrast in characters!

BigB08822
06-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Looks like I am going to see X Men tonight. Not really my choice but my bf wants to see it so why not. I can take advantage of my student ID and get a price about equal to a matinee showing.

KikiSashaFan
06-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Bridesmaids was absolutely hilarious. I loved it, but I agree that it dragged in parts. It took me so long to recognize Melissa McCarthy as the actress who played Lorelai's friend on Gilmore Girls. Talk about a contrast in characters!

She totally made the movie :rofl: I didn't know until I saw her on Ellen this week that the air marshall guy from the plane is actually her husband in real life.

cailuj365
06-06-2011, 02:09 AM
She totally made the movie :rofl: I didn't know until I saw her on Ellen this week that the air marshall guy from the plane is actually her husband in real life.

Omg, really?! LOL, I don't know how I feel about that last scene during the credits now. :rofl:

Allskate
06-06-2011, 02:39 AM
Omg, really?! LOL, I don't know how I feel about that last scene during the credits now. :rofl:

:lol: Method acting?

I agree that she was incredibly funny. The entire movie was hilarious. I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud so much.

I know a guy whose wife was trying to get him to see this and he didn't want to see it because he thought it was a generic chick flick. I told him not to worry because there was probably more bathroom humor in this movie than in movies like The Hangover. Then he really wanted to see it! :lol:

KikiSashaFan
06-06-2011, 03:50 AM
I dragged my boyfriend to see it opening weekend, and at first he whined that 80% of the theater was women, but I think he was laughing more than I was in the end. :lol:

BigB08822
06-06-2011, 05:06 AM
X Men: First Class was AMAZING! My favorite of all of them. Really glad I saw it in the theaters.

screech
06-09-2011, 07:29 AM
I actually did see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and it was very good but I am as yet to see the other movies. I have also read that a US version of the movie is being made.

The first official trailer for the US version is out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yUwXwrR35U) It looks amazing (and the use of Immigrant Song is perfect). I was hesitant at first - I mean, Daniel Craig having to do a Swedish accent? But now I'm freaking excited! Though the trailer has no dialogue, so we can't tell how good or bad his, Robin Wright's or Rooney Mara's accents will be, but at least we have an actual Swede (Stellan Skarsgard) in a major role.

I dragged my boyfriend to see it opening weekend, and at first he whined that 80% of the theater was women, but I think he was laughing more than I was in the end. :lol:

That's okay - when my ex and I were dating I made him watch Enchanted, and he whined over it beforehand. When it finished he immediately said 'let's watch it again!'

Japanfan
06-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Anyone a Terence Malick fan? His new film 'The Tree of Life' has been released in the US and I'm going to see it as soon as it released in Canada.

This is Malick's sixth movie in about four decades (I don't think I've missed any) and each of the previous has been a masterpiece. Apparently this one is no different.

BigB08822
06-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Super 8 comes out on Friday!! Definitely going to see that although I may be going alone, might be too scary for my bf.

PeterG
06-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Anyone a Terence Malick fan?

ME!! :cheer2: :cheer:

I just wiki'ed Malick to see what else he had done. Found out that he produced Amazing Grace (starring Ioan Gruffudd, Albert Finney and Rufus Sewell) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Cv5P9H9qU) as well as Undertown (starring Josh Lucas, Jamie Bell and Dermot Mulroney) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPYBCC2hTs). Both get two big thumbs up.

And he directed, wrote and produced The New World (starring Colin Farrell, Christian Bale, Christopher Plummer and David Thewlis) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zLPM8FLMtk), which seemed to get a lot of criticism, but I loved.

Malick also produced The Beautiful Country (starring Nick Nolte and Tim Roth) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTpw52G3XTg)...which I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED!!! :cheer2: