PDA

View Full Version : Spring Movie Thread (April to June 2011)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

BigB08822
04-23-2011, 04:23 AM
I am willing to bet that the majority of people do not even know about Thor and those that do may not have been into the comic enough to know or care about all those details. Almost all my friends thought Thor was just some made up comic character for Adventures in Babysitting. :lol:

Buzz
04-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I am willing to bet that the majority of people do not even know about Thor and those that do may not have been into the comic enough to know or care about all those details. Almost all my friends thought Thor was just some made up comic character for Adventures in Babysitting. :lol:

Ahem.... That would be me. Had little idea the story come from somebody's folklore. Only knew about the comic book but never actually read any. Have always been into books as far back as I can remember. To besides the star is SMOKIN HOT! :hat1:

BigB08822
04-26-2011, 05:02 PM
We went and saw The Conspirator at the one theater it was playing at in town. It was very good. If you have any interest at all in history or this particular event in history then you really must see it. I didn't know much at all about Mary Suratt so it was very interesting to me to see how it all played out.

orbitz
04-26-2011, 06:13 PM
THOR has 94% approval rating thus far on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm so watching this film.

BigB08822
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM
I have absolutely no desire to see Thor. I know nothing about the actual comic except what little we see of him on Adventures in Babysitting. So, I know he wears a silly hat. :lol: However, I imagine it is a good action movie in line with all big summer blockbusters so I am sure it will make a good rental when it comes on DVD.

Buzz
04-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Here is the trailer for Thor which opens in little over a week just in case anyone missed it. :hat1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ

And here is a not so bad review from The Guardian. Mind you there are a couple of spoilers in the article.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/apr/28/thor-review

Cachoo
04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Way back when I went to the Star Trek reboot not expecting much and was so impressed from beginning to end with that film and had not watched any other JJ Abrams show/film before. So I will be there for Super 8. And in that Star Trek film I was impressed with the young actor that played James T. Kirk's father. Yet another talented Aussie is what I read (what is in the water out there??)... So I will be there to watch Thor (Natalie to boot.) And I want to see how McAvoy fares in the comic book genre.

BigB08822
04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
I also can't wait for Super 8!

Artemis@BC
04-29-2011, 05:18 PM
June 3rd Beginners (Drama with Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer & Goran Visnjic)

Just saw a trailer for this (on the King's Speech DVD), and it is now high up on my must-see list. The story looks delightful, plus McGregor, Plummer, AND Visnjic! Any one would make the movie worth seeing, but all three ... :swoon:

Here's the trailer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGgD64wDye0&feature=player_embedded)

BigB08822
04-29-2011, 10:09 PM
I saw a trailer for Beginners during The Conspirator. Looks very cute. I wonder if it could be a little odd with the subtitles from the dog but hopefully the movie doesn't play that up too much or too seriously.

I saw a preview for a movie called "What's Your Number" with Anna Farris and Chris Evans. Missed the release date (summer I assume) but it looks really cute. Lots of good, fun movies coming out.

Buzz
05-06-2011, 12:37 AM
THOR opens tomorrow and I am gonna be first in line! :cheer2:

Buzz
05-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Saw Thor and it was just what I expected it to be, a great popcorn movie. If you are into pretty and fun movies then you will like this one. But if you like movies that have a great script etc then this may not be the thing for you. But for comic book movie fans it is worth the price. Although I would have preferred it not to be in 3-D.

BigB08822
05-08-2011, 04:13 AM
This is an older movie but it was just released on DVD.

I watched Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia) tonight with my bf. It was actually quite good. I did not care for the last one so was not excited in the least to see this. I know the books are based heavily on Christianity but I never noticed in the other movies too much, probably because I wasn't paying attention. I really caught the references in this movie though but not in a bad way.

Buzz
05-09-2011, 05:50 AM
Some fantastic news for comic book movie fans and that is Thor hammered the competition at the box office! :rockstar: It took in a worldwide total of $176m plus a N American total of $66m for a total take of $242m!!! So it has already made a profit which makes me extremely happy. :D

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-box-office-20110509,0,6113353.story

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thor.htm

Buzz
05-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Has anyone seen Priest yet? I want to go see it tomorrow. Looks like my kinda thing... :D