PDA

View Full Version : Spring Movie Thread (April to June 2011)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Buzz
04-15-2011, 01:09 AM
I think I might go and see the Conspirator because I love this type of period dramas. But I must admit to looking up the case on Wikipedia that the movie is based on so there will be no surprises for me. Unless the movie makers toyed with history a bit.

PeterG
04-15-2011, 02:22 AM
Unless the movie makers toyed with history a bit.

Hollywood never mess with history, do they?

;)

Buzz
04-15-2011, 02:37 AM
hehehehe Sounds like the lady was guilty to me. In those days men could not imagine women doing anything like murder. So her advocates may have been charmed by her good looks, manners etc. into believe she simply had no role in Linclon's assassination. And this movie will not solve this mystery for sure. To besides I am just buying my time until Thor comes out. :D

Buzz
04-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Was not able to watch The Conspirator because it seems not to be showing anywhere near me so I went and watched Scream 4. Interesting start and finish to this movie and it was indeed entertaining. It did not hurt that I had a free ticket for the movies. :D

Indra486
04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Saw Hanna today and liked it a lot. It got a very unique feeling to it, not sure how to put it into words but it is a very good movie. The ending however is a bit predictable. But overall a very decent movie so give a a go if you are going to the movies but not sure what to watch.

Finally saw Hanna and I loved it! Well acted from :kickass: Saoirse, :smokin::grope: Eric Bana , :EVILLE: Cate and especially Tom Hollander. The man was frightening. :scream: I love the humorous bits, especially with Saoirse and Eric, who had great on-screen chemistry. The film was a visual treat and I liked the risky score that paid off because I'm hooked on to it.

You know, a lot of people have been saying the ending was predictable. I didn't think it was, primarily because I had seen spoilers from previous drafts of the screenplay when it circulated around the web a year ago.

Originally Hanna decides to rebel against Erik's instructions and let Marissa live in the end. Though seeing how the movie had gone, it makes little sense to keep the original ending. So the whole time I was watching, I was expecting the original ending. :lol:

BigB08822
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
My bf and I went and saw Hanna. It was really good. I saw someone comment on the score but I thought it was really interesting. Very very different sounding from anything I have seen and I liked that. It was especially effective in the beginning of the movie. Definitely recommend this movie.

Buzz
04-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Saw the trailer for Thor on tv for the first time but it did not have that musical score I like so much which is too bad. The trailer on Youtube is much better and can hardly wait for the movie to open. In the meantime I am still trying to find The Conspirator but to no avail. :( I have also seen the previews for Fast Five and I feel like hurling my dinner everytime I see it. The first movie was fun but this is just WRONG! :lol:

PeterG
04-22-2011, 03:54 AM
Again, I've listed the trailers for new movies this week are in order on how much I enjoyed the trailer. The first two movies I definitely want to see, then a bunch I am :confused: about. Looking forward to your thoughts and reviews to help me out! :D

Incendies (French drama about twins searching for lost sibling in the Middle East) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDf-XuYid1A)

This one looks goooooood! A must-see for me.

African Cats: Kingdom of Courage (documentary) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvphs1lD4Jg)

Looks absolutely beautiful! :40beers:

Apollo 18 (Sci-Fi horror - unknown cast) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F6DU6gx7-w)

I like this kind of movie, and the trailer is kinda good, yet kinda…doesn’t completely draw me in. What do you think?

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (Documentary with Morgan Spurlock & Ben Silverman) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Ng2P3zxfM)

The trailer for this one is completely self-explanatory. And I am completely…undecided.

Water For Elephants (Drama with Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson & Christoph Waltz) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6b2XhXkPpg)

I’m undecided on this one. A good cast, interesting premise…possibly (just not really sure what this movie is about)!!

When Harry Tries To Marry (Romantic comedy, unknown cast) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZESl3B3kezo)

If you’re in the mood for a romantic comedy, I’d say this is definitely 100% a maybe-see. ;)

Stake Land (Horror with unknown cast and Kelly McGillis) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNC2HwAaWWE)

This was the second trailer I watched for Stake Land, the first was so boring that I thought there must be a better trailer for a vampire horror movie! This trailer is better, but I did not add this movie to my list of ones to see…

Madea’s Big Happy Family (Comedy with Tyler Perry, Loretta Devine & Bow Wow) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5ILfAaIXc)

One of the punchlines in this trailer is a 200 pound+ woman backslapping young children. And that’s the good part of the trailer… :eek: :( Worst movie of the year?

Delayed movie:

Born To Be A Star (the comedy with Christina Ricci, Stephen Dorff, Pauly Shore & Don Johnson) which was originally set to be released this week now has a September 9th release date, plus a name change (add Bucky Larson: to the beginning of the movie’s name).

BigB08822
04-22-2011, 04:11 AM
I want to see Water for Elephants but I don't think I will shell out the money for it. I will just wait for it on DVD. I've gotten very good at returning movies the next day to Redbox and only spending $1!

I know this is older but I just saw The King's Speech. Very good. The middle got a little boring for me and for my bf but the beginning was awesome and the end picked it back up so overall quite good. The acting was superb. I love period pieces so I figured I would like it.

Incendies looks very intense. I am sure I will have to wait for it on DVD but I will definitely see it when I find it at a Redbox or on Netflix.

Buzz
04-22-2011, 05:18 AM
I want to see Apollo 18 so much! It looks like my kind of movie but unfortunately I think it's release date has been pushed back to 2012. :( African Cats looks good too but will have to wait until the middle of next week before I can see it. Too busy doing this work thingy. :D

screech
04-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Haven't read much about the plot, so maybe it's intentional, but Thor bugs me because of Chris Hemsworth's accent. Thor is a Norse god, so he should have a form of a Scandinavian accent. Not Australian (which is how it sounds in the trailer. And yes, I know Hemsworth is Aussie, but it's called a dialect coach!)

But I'm also bitter because even though his True Blood filming schedule was one of the main reasons he lost the part, I think Alexander Skarsgard would have been better suited to the role, but I'll have faith in the producers in their choice - Hemsworth may completely rock it.

Also, because it's hilariously awesome to watch, Chris Hemsworth was on the Aussie Dancing with the Stars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ8FGRalerw) a few years ago, and he's not terrible! Amazing hip action.

Anyways, I'm most excited for Bad Teacher. It looks hilarious, especially considering I've worked in a classroom. Every teacher I know can't wait to see it.

BigB08822
04-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Bad Teacher looks hilarious! I hate Justin Timberlake but I will make an exception for this one.

Kasey
04-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm a geek and always look forward to whatever new movie is coming out for Earth Day, since my birthday is right around the same time. Looking forward to seeing "African Cats" either today or Monday! ;)

Buzz
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I think it should not matter too much the nationality of the actors because it is a comic book movie. We have always had actors with American accents playing Russians, English actors playing Germans, it would probably bother me in a serious movie (It doesn't with "Enermy At The Gates" )but not in a comic book movie. These are just for pure fun and eye ball candy. So bring 'em on! :cheer2:

screech
04-23-2011, 03:54 AM
I think it should not matter too much the nationality of the actors because it is a comic book movie. We have always had actors with American accents playing Russians, English actors playing Germans, it would probably bother me in a serious movie (It doesn't with "Enermy At The Gates" )but not in a comic book movie. These are just for pure fun and eye ball candy. So bring 'em on! :cheer2:

But the thing is, can you imagine the reaction people would have if Henry Cavill or Andrew Garfield used their British accents for the upcoming Superman and Spiderman? Those are American characters, so they shouldn't have British accents. Same thing with Thor IMO. It's just something that bothers me. Actors constantly have to learn new accents for roles, and when the character you're playing is so attached to a specific region, you should try to learn an accent to account for that, and if you can't tailor yourself to the role, maybe you're not right for it. Again, my opinion, but it does bother me quite a bit.