PDA

View Full Version : Who will win 2011 Ladies World Championships Gold Medal?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Maofan7
03-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Assuming 2011 Worlds go ahead, who will win the ladies Gold medal?

Note that the old poll has closed and took place before cancellation and need to reschedule (a delay that will obviously impact on skaters preparations). Worth running again with a wider choice of skaters to vote for

RunnersHigh
03-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Ladies' champion at Worlds (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3105035)

Sorry but there's already at Next Page.

Maofan7
03-23-2011, 01:50 PM
As stated, poll closed and took place before cancellation and need to reschedule. Worth running again.

blue_idealist
03-23-2011, 06:03 PM
I voted Mao. You should have included Cynthia Phaneuf on the list though. If you include Helgesson you should include her since she probably has more of a chance of winning than Helgesson or even Leonova.

Maofan7
03-23-2011, 07:01 PM
I voted Mao. You should have included Cynthia Phaneuf on the list though. If you include Helgesson you should include her since she probably has more of a chance of winning than Helgesson or even Leonova.

You raise a valid point. The last slot indeed came down to a choice between Helgesson and Phaneuf.

On a non-skating note, RIP Elizabeth Taylor. A very sad day.

neptune
03-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Worth running again with a wider choice of skaters to vote for

Where's "Mary Ann Summers"???? :eek: ;)

pinky166
03-25-2011, 01:46 AM
I still say Miki. Her jumps have just been so huge and consistent this whole season.

judgejudy27
03-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Yu Na Kim. Nobody in the field has any chance against her if she is even close to clean, especialy now with Worlds not even in Japan anymore. And with surprisingly 3 bad outings at Worlds in 4 years, she is due for a good showing, which can not be challenged by anyone in the field with Mao still not close to her best.

I think silver and bronze will probably go to Japanese women. Even if one of Miki or Mao have an off competition I have a feeling Murakami will step up in that case. I dont trust Kostner or Czisny to deliver at a Worlds. And I dont think Flatt or any of other European women can medal regardless how they perform.

pinky166
03-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Yu Na Kim. Nobody in the field has any chance against her if she is even close to clean, especialy now with Worlds not even in Japan anymore. And with surprisingly 3 bad outings at Worlds in 4 years, she is due for a good showing, which can not be challenged by anyone in the field with Mao still not close to her best.

I think silver and bronze will probably go to Japanese women. Even if one of Miki or Mao have an off competition I have a feeling Murakami will step up in that case. I dont trust Kostner or Czisny to deliver at a Worlds. And I dont think Flatt or any of other European women can medal regardless how they perform.

Not even pretty Kiira with her 3-3s and 7 triple FS? :)
That is, if she ever manages to deliver in both programs at one competition....

judgejudy27
03-25-2011, 07:01 AM
I dont know what Kiira's scoring potential is since like you said she has never gone clean. However her best free skate ever was her one in winning her first regular season grand prix this fall, and even that didnt exactly score huge.

neptune
03-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Not even pretty Kiira with her 3-3s and 7 triple FS? :)
That is, if she ever manages to deliver in both programs at one competition....

Perhaps she should consider using a professional courier. ;)

pinky166
03-26-2011, 04:25 AM
I dont know what Kiira's scoring potential is since like you said she has never gone clean. However her best free skate ever was her one in winning her first regular season grand prix this fall, and even that didnt exactly score huge.

True, but it wasn't clean. I guess it's good she plans to do 7 triples though because then if she messes up a couple of them, which she usually does, she's still left with around 5 which will allow her to score pretty well.

Alissa has done very well this season and I'm curious to see if she can keep the momentum going at Worlds. I'd could see her maybe winning silver or bronze here, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see her as far down as like 8th.

coolmoom
03-26-2011, 10:06 AM
ok, go... ok, go~!!! from Contact, the Movie.

Another Vote page : And the Oscar Goes to~

http://www.universalsports.com/figure-skating/index.html

Fly, Fly Away~!!!

sonya
03-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Yuna kim.....Go yuna!

sonya
03-26-2011, 10:21 AM
coolmoon....
oh! thanks. Goooooood!