PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Taylor has Passed Away RIP

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Latte
03-23-2011, 06:32 PM
RIP Elizabeth, you were beautiful both inside and out.
The last of the screen goddesses.
You will be remembered always.

Kruss
03-23-2011, 06:32 PM
RIP, Elizabeth. What a great lady.

Turner Classic Movies is planning a tribute to honor the late Elizabeth Taylor.

On April 10, the channel will air back-to-back movies from the screen legend, including 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,' 'Butterfield 8' and 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?' beginning at 6AM.

Rex
03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Honorable mention to The Last Time I Saw Paris. Still haven't forgiven Van Johnson for leaving her on the doorstep in the rain. What a woman.

Holley Calmes
03-23-2011, 06:48 PM
I grew up with Elizabeth Taylor as our resident household favorite movie star...probably because my mother is her age and actually looked very much like her during those younger years. It's like part of my life is gone.....

But I am so happy that she lived as long as she did, because it gave her the opportunities to do so much good work. I remember she almost died 3 or 4 times when she was too young to die. She escaped the reaper on more than one occasion.

May we all lead such full and giving lives. Goodbye Elizabeth, we will miss you!

Civic
03-23-2011, 06:52 PM
A film legend and one of the most beautiful women to ever grace the silver screen. She often made light of her acting ability but she held her own against the likes of Montgomery Clift, James Dean, and Richard Burton. I'll always remember her as Angela Vickers in "A Place in the Sun". RIP Ms. Taylor.

emason
03-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Another Elephant Walk fan here. Also, I love Ms. Taylor's performance in Life with Father; she just nailed that character for me.

skatemomaz
03-23-2011, 07:17 PM
:( RIP Such a beautiful and incredibly talented actress. Her performance in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof just blew me away.

NeilJLeonard
03-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I heard this on the radio as I drove to the dentist. Checked online & turned on the TV to make sure I'd heard correctly as soon as I got home.

One of the most beautiful woman ever and, IMO, an under-rated actress. We will not see another like her again.

Rest gently, lovely lady. You are missed already...:(

NJL

mysticchic
03-23-2011, 07:32 PM
RIP Liz..one of my favorite films is Raintree County

topaz
03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I was really saddened by this. A few weeks around oscar time I was just thinking about how the current stars ain't got nothing on Ms Taylor's glamour. NOTHING!

I am a huge fan of this icon. She's the last of great studio bred beauties. She lived life to the fullest, fierceless!!

My favorite Liz films: A Place in The Sun, CleopatraRaintree County, Life with Father, Father of the Bride, Butterfield 8, Taming of the Shrew, Virginia Woolf and my all time favorite Liz film Cat on a Hot Tin Roof". Considering when COAHTF was started filming during Mike Todd's death and she with back to work 2 weeks after his death.

Has anyone seen the TV movie Between Friends with Liz and Carol Burnett? It's classic Liz production. Love it

AragornElessar
03-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Her death saddens me. One selfish reason is because my mother is only one year younger then Elizabeth. All the stars my mother grew up with are passing away and it's only a matter of time.

I also hear you on that one. My Dad's 80, on Dialysis and his health is really going downhill fast this last year. Mom's 79 and she's got a few health issues as well. It's heartbreaking to know that "only a matter of time" period is far less than it was even a year ago. :(

We truly lost a great one today. She was a legend both on and off the screen.

Goodbye Lady w/the Lovely Eyes. You will never be forgotten. :(

VALuvsMKwan
03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
A very nice, long tribute from the NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/24/movies/elizabeth-taylor-obituary.html?hp).

--------

I think Kirk Douglas and to a lesser extent Micky Rooney are the only stars remaining from Hollywood's "Golden Age".

There are a few more - Betty Bacall, Olivia deHavilland, Joan Fontaine, Jane Powell, Debbie Reynolds, Luise Rainer at 101.

There will never be another Elizabeth, sadly for the world. She certainly lived life her way, but she also gave of herself personally and with her fame much more than many others.

Maggie the Cat, Angela Vickers, Leslie Benedict, Velvet Brown, Amy March, Catherine Holly, Cleopatra, Martha, Gloria Wandrous, Susannah Drake, Katherine of "Taming of the Shrew"... what a galaxy of acting and star performances. :eek:

Condolences to her 4 children and extended family and friends.

gingercrush
03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh neither De Havilland or Fontaine will ever die. Far too busy outliving the other.

topaz
03-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Oh neither De Havilland or Fontaine will ever die. Far too busy outliving the other.

:lol: Sad the sibling rivalry continues.

DarrellH
03-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Legend!

I'll have to watch my favorite movie of hers tonight...A Place In The Sun.

My mother was one of those many women that had to go out and buy the famous dress Ms Taylor danced in with Mr Clift.