PDA

View Full Version : Strange Traffic Laws

missflick
03-23-2011, 04:46 AM
http://autos.sympatico.ca/did-you-know/8415/strange-traffic-laws-from-around-the-world

Buzz
03-23-2011, 01:34 PM
hehehehehe I reading about these things. Thanks for sharing. :D

gkelly
03-23-2011, 03:22 PM
It is legal to shoot a whale from a moving vehicle in Tennessee? Has this ever happened?

mpal2
03-23-2011, 03:56 PM
It is legal to shoot a whale from a moving vehicle in Tennessee? Has this ever happened?

Not that I'm aware of. :lol: I wonder if someone was being facetious and it was written down verbatim.

Alaska, U.S.

Something to keep in mind the next time you and your dog visit Alaska: tying Fido to the roof of your car will get you in trouble with the law man.

:( That probably means someone did that at some point.

Virginia's law is just gross.

Aussie Willy
03-23-2011, 09:27 PM
That is the stupidest list of strange road rules I have ever seen.

And being in Australia, I don't know why they are under the impression that a taxi driver has to keep a bale of hay by law in their boot (trunk).

Bunny Hop
03-24-2011, 07:27 AM
And being in Australia, I don't know why they are under the impression that a taxi driver has to keep a bale of hay by law in their boot (trunk).I second your :confused: at that. Unless it's the law in the Northern Territory or somewhere really rural.

mpal2
03-24-2011, 03:58 PM
And being in Australia, I don't know why they are under the impression that a taxi driver has to keep a bale of hay by law in their boot (trunk).

I'm sure they don't expect to find a bale of hay in the trunk. They are just making fun of an old law on the books that was never repealed. I remember reading that somewhere in the US women can marry their house. I'm quite sure it was put in to protect women when they were left out of inheritances for being female. The law isn't needed now but it never was repealed. Someone could essentially marry their house and it would be legal. :lol:

gkelly
03-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Gives new meaning to the word "housewife."

So could they get the marriage annulled if it wasn't consummated?

mpal2
03-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Gives new meaning to the word "housewife."

So could they get the marriage annulled if it wasn't consummated?

I laughed at the question then thought that it's actually a good one. I wonder what they did if they met a man they wanted to marry. The article didn't explain that part.