PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown Melts Down After Interview

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

BigB08822
03-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Rihanna is not exactly a role model, either. After the Chris Brown incident she has said in interviews that she likes "dangerous guys." And her new single is called S&M and includes the lyrics "sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me."

Stop playing the blame the victim game. I don't care that Rihanna likes dangerous guy. I couldn't give a rat *ss that one of her songs has S&M lyrics. No one deserved to get her face smashed by anyone. Period.

I tend to agree with orbitz. I don't think you are playing blame the victim, flyingsit, but it could come across that way. I just think that having a song about, and called, S&M does not mean one wants to be violently beaten. To me, that is not far from saying that a girl who openly admits to enjoying sex is just asking to be raped. No, not at all. A person can enjoy a little spanking or what not in the bedroom, doesn't mean they ever want to be hurt or beaten to the point of going to the hospital. Finally, it is just a song, after all.

triple_toe
03-26-2011, 02:16 AM
IMO, there is a very important distinction between S&M, which is voluntary, and physical abuse, which is involuntary on the part of the victim. For me, whether the girl likes S&M or not has absolutely no bearing on... anything really. It does not mean she is endorsing violence, or that she likes hot-tempered "dangerous" men, it is simply her preference in the bedroom. I seriously doubt that she wanted her face beaten to a pulp. There was no justification for what Chris Brown did to her, and this latest stunt of his just proves what a low-life POS he is. :blah:

Allskate
03-26-2011, 02:18 AM
I tend to agree with orbitz. I don't think you are playing blame the victim, flyingsit, but it could come across that way. I just think that having a song about, and called, S&M does not mean one wants to be violently beaten. To me, that is not far from saying that a girl who openly admits to enjoying sex is just asking to be raped. No, not at all. A person can enjoy a little spanking or what not in the bedroom, doesn't mean they ever want to be hurt or beaten to the point of going to the hospital. Finally, it is just a song, after all.

That is NOT what flyingsit said. You are really misrepresenting his/her comments. Flyingsit in no way said that having a song called S&M means that Rhianna wants to be beaten. Flyingsit merely said that Rhianna was not being a good role model. What flyingsit said is nothing like saying that a girl admitting she enjoys sex is asking to be raped. You are trivializing situations where people genuinely are saying that someone deserves or asks to be beaten or raped. It's not accurate and it's not a fair method of debating a much more benign statement about role models.

And flyingsit wasn't talking about a spanking either. She was talking about whips and chains and Rhianna saying she liked "dangerous men." I think you would find plenty of parents out there who would agree with flyingsit that this does not make Rhianna a good role model. Most of those same parents would not think that Rhianna was asking to be beaten or deserved to be beaten. Flyingsit's comments were not limited to what Rhianna sang in a song. Nevertheless, lots of parents do think that someone can be a bad role model because of a song. Just ask Miley Cyrus or Britney Spears. Or Eminem of 50 Cent. If someone came out with a blatantly racist or homophobic song, would you say "it is just a song?" You and others may draw the line in a different place than Flyinsit does, but I do think that lots of people think that someone can be a bad role model based on the lyrics they sing.

cailuj365
03-26-2011, 02:50 AM
I agree, Allskate. Although, I question how much influence a song like S&M has. At least for me personally, when I hear her sing, "chains and whips excite me..." I go, "WTF, Rihanna, OUCH." Maybe for much younger kids though, it could be confusing?

What I don't understand is how Rihanna not being an upstanding role model has anything to do with Chris Brown needing a serious intervention. Why was this connection made?

Allskate
03-26-2011, 03:01 AM
What I don't understand is how Rihanna not being an upstanding role model has anything to do with Chris Brown needing a serious intervention. Why was this connection made?

Flyingsit's post didn't make any connection between the two and he/she didn't quote anyone else's post about an intervention. But, I can see why you might ask that question since flyingsit's post immediately followed yours.

VIETgrlTerifa
03-26-2011, 05:14 AM
I was questioning the relevancy myself.

ilovepaydays
03-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Meanwhile....on Tanith Belbin's twitter: (http://twitter.com/TanithJLB)

2many kids grow up marinated in violence & terrorized by their environment. Hope all these C.Brown discussions lead to shining light on them

Right on!

Jenny
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Update on this mess: apparently they are still seeing each other, and have been all along.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/rihanna-and-chris-brown-have-been-secretly-hooking-up-2012181

antmanb
01-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Update on this mess: apparently they are still seeing each other, and have been all along.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/rihanna-and-chris-brown-have-been-secretly-hooking-up-2012181

Well the article seems to suggest thats it's only been in the last year that they've been seeing each other again.

You really have to ask why on earth she's gone back to him especially after a a year two of not being with him. She must have men falling at her feet right now and she goes back to the man who beat the living shit out of her :confused:

NancyNC
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
You really have to ask why on earth she's gone back to him especially after a a year two of not being with him. She must have men falling at her feet right now and she goes back to the man who beat the living shit out of her :confused:

I obviously don't know the specifics of their situation, but it's not uncommon for women to go back to (or stay with) the person that abused them. I worked with a woman who was physically abused by her husband. She stayed with him for close to 15 years before finally working up the nerve to leave him. When she started dating after the divorce, the first person she hooked up with mentally abused her. She realized at that point that she really needed therapy to help her. I often wonder what has happened to her, she moved away years ago and I lost touch with her. I hope that she didn't end up in another abusive relationship... :(

Coco
01-19-2012, 02:12 AM
I'm not sure she has men falling at her feet. A lot of guys can't handle it when the woman in the relationship is a STAR.

BigB08822
01-19-2012, 02:25 AM
I would think she has men falling at her feet but how many are genuinely interested in the person and not the star and of those, as Coco said, how many can handle her being a star? It must be tough and there is a reason so many celebrities get together with other celebrities.

topaz
01-19-2012, 02:34 AM
I obviously don't know the specifics of their situation, but it's not uncommon for women to go back to (or stay with) the person that abused them. I worked with a woman who was physically abused by her husband. She stayed with him for close to 15 years before finally working up the nerve to leave him. When she started dating after the divorce, the first person she hooked up with mentally abused her. She realized at that point that she really needed therapy to help her. I often wonder what has happened to her, she moved away years ago and I lost touch with her. I hope that she didn't end up in another abusive relationship... :(

Are we still certain that he was the only abuser in that relationship?

I heard rumors before the "incident" 3 years ago that she has been violent with him and other past boyfriends. I think she is an abuser too and likes to be in violent or volatile relationships.

I think the public is still under the misconception that men whether in hetero or homo relationships are the only abuser. I have a male friend who is hetero and he has been abused physically by his fiance. She abuses with pushing and slapping him. But many folks believe that slapping your partner is not abusive behavior. Many women still believe that.

Now about Chris Brown, he almost lost his career by being involved with her and doing stupid s**t. He's a fool if he is really still involved with her. Being involved with her and his actions has lead to him having a police record. That should be reason enough to leave her alone and not communicate with her.

BigB08822
01-19-2012, 02:45 AM
I get what you are saying IF it is true that she is also abusive but it sounds like you have come awfully close to blaming the victim with that last paragraph. Chris Brown has a record because of HIS behavior. No one made him beat her, even if she hit him first he had no right to do what he did. It was way beyond a defensive hit.

Anita18
01-19-2012, 03:53 AM
I think topaz was mostly pointing out how it's stupid on BOTH their parts to decide to get back together.

And sure Rihanna is famous, but there are tons of other famous male singers on her level who can understand the pressures of celebrity. Are all of them woman-beaters? (I hope not!)