PDA

View Full Version : When (and where) in the world is Worlds? Update: MOSCOW! 4/24-5/1/11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67

let`s talk
04-15-2011, 05:20 PM
:confused:
I'm just sitting at Fsonline, it's actually better than some super guys in terms of information.
Sure! And they told you about two rows in C.

Voice of Russia article:
:lol: 16,000 tickets? Where? Just a couple of days ago they said they had sold 3,000. Now 16,000 and all to those 2 hundreds of folks who were on day 1 in Khodynka? And those pieces that were shortly available on parter?
It's unbelievable what nonsense some journalists are always ready to write. :eek:

marbri
04-15-2011, 06:27 PM
That's worrisome. Will this "special kind of ice" have a different feel to it that will be difficult to get used to? It might make jumps landings easier on the body- but how will it effect footwork and spins (or even jump take offs)?

That sounds ridiculous and I question the truth of it. You can't just go create some "special kind of ice" for an event of this magnitude.

Fashionista
04-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Sure! And they told you about two rows in C.

Do I get it right you don't like to admit you're wrong?:lol:

BTW "a couple" doesn't always mean "two".

Asli
04-15-2011, 08:33 PM
That sounds ridiculous and I question the truth of it. You can't just go create some "special kind of ice" for an event of this magnitude.

Maybe the ice will be spread on a bouncy foundation. :biggrinbo ;)

Seriously, I'm sure it is nothing too outlandish.

os168
04-15-2011, 11:27 PM
. how do i delete?

sailornyanko
04-16-2011, 12:05 AM
The english website is working for me, there's just a broken link in the committee url. I'm amazed at the amount of ladies skaters competing, I mean 45??!!! Wow!

I'm heavily surprised Mexico is sending a dance team ever since the Munana's sadly quit the sport (they were very fun to watch), I remember seeing Corinne Bruhns compete at Nationals years ago as a novice and later on as a junior, I think she lives in the US part of the year. I can understand why she switched to a different discipline, but she's not exactly tall and dainty looking at least from the last time I remember seeing her. Strange.

let`s talk
04-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Do I get it right you don't like to admit you're wrong?:lol:
Wrong about what excatly? That the abnormally huge number of tickets mysteriously disappear? That the biggest bulk of good tickets was never available in the ticket offices? That stuff couldn't be simply bought via directly parter.ru or in ticket offices in Khodynka. Almost all good tickets have never been for legal sales and went directly to illegal resellers. It couldn't happen without officials involved, either Khodynka's or parter.ru' boys or even higher. I am just sick to read how some journalist-poster is advocating :blah: and defending those criminals in officials' suits. Your city is sick and corrupted. Shame on Moscow. And on Russia too. The whole bad organization of legal ticket sales is the reason of that mess aka "bardak" that is going on right now.

Shlepa
04-16-2011, 08:59 AM
About seats:

A1 - A4 sectors are reserved by Moscow Sport Committee.

С3 is reserved by the Megasport rink. So there are no disappeared tickets.

I think that if they can not distribute all its own, it will certainly appear in a live sale.

Fashionista
04-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Wrong about what excatly? That the abnormally huge number of tickets mysteriously disappear? That the biggest bulk of good tickets was never available in the ticket offices? That stuff couldn't be simply bought via directly parter.ru or in ticket offices in Khodynka. Almost all good tickets have never been for legal sales and went directly to illegal resellers.
You're wrong with your groundless accusations. You don't have reliable information whether tickets went directly to resellers or not. Neither do I. But I'm not trying to jump into conclusions and state my own fantasies as an obvious truth. I prefer wait and see how packed Megasport is going to be.
BTW insiders report there are piles of ticket applications from different embassies and Moscow organizations who want good seats and central sectors are reserved for them and sportsmen. It was confirmed yesterday that for instance Kazakhstan embassy applied and got the right to buy 15 tickets from the Federation to the sector C4, row 5 to support Denis Ten (although they bought tickets for all competitive days). And I'm sure they are not the only one so I don't think the Federation is lying saying all good sectors are now reserved (BTW in this case they might appear later in the ticket offices). What really annoys me is that organizations think they have a privilege to buy the best tickets and it's highly acceptable by Russian society. To me it's just one of the forms of the good old "blat".

I am just sick to read
Me too. I'm really sick of your regular ticket hysterics here.

how some journalist-poster is advocating :blah: and defending those criminals in officials' suits.
I just don't have enough information to accuse. I've heard a bit about the presumption of innocence, have you?
BTW why would I defend them if I've never in my life worked in a political or state-own media? Jumping into conclusions again, good for you.

Your city is sick and corrupted. Shame on Moscow.

:lol:
And St. Pete is an innocent Christmas angel:rofl: Wake up, the whole Russia is corrupted and the things would be the same wherever competitions took place. I hope today you've learnt something new about your homeland:D

Asli
04-16-2011, 11:29 AM
What really annoys me is that organizations think they have a privilege to buy the best tickets and it's highly acceptable by Russian society.

I wonder how different it is in other countries.

In France, the 2011 Rythmic Gymnastics Worlds will be held in September, in the same venue in Montpellier that is being considered for the 2012 FS Worlds. It has a capacity of 10,000.

All class A tickets for the week-end sessions are already reserved and the sales for class B are "suspended", before the internet sales have even started! :( These are the only two classes available, so probably no tickets will be sold to the general public for the final two days.

French gymnasts were able to reserve tickets by forms downloaded from the federation's site. I googled the championships and realised that these forms were also sent to foreign federations. Plus the sponsors will want tickets. So no wonder the sessions were sold out!

I'm a bit disappointed for my daughter who wanted to go, but I understand that priority is given to people for whom rythmic gymnastics is a big part of their life. I don't draw conclusions that the organizing committee is corrupt and the whole of France is corrupt and hopeless and should be excluded from the United Nations.

Fashionista
04-16-2011, 11:43 AM
These are the only two classes available, so probably no tickets will be sold to the general public for the final two days.

:eek:
If it happens it will be the most ridiculous thing I've heard in my life.

let`s talk
04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
С3 is reserved by the Megasport rink.
:eek: For whom? Btw, how do you know?

You're wrong with your groundless accusations. That wasn't me who was in Khodynka and made pics of guys with guns. That wasn't me who was bargaining with illegal confident resellers right under the police officers' noses. That wasn't me who posted on FSO their personal experiences because I am not even in Russia yet. And that wasn't me who posted on FSU how they failed to buy tickets from abroad. Oh, wait! I just remembered how a day ago or somesuch I read in one of R-mass media sites that all information about tickets in the Internet is lie! The sales are going well and peacefully! Now I know what journalist wrote that :2faced:.
You don't have reliable information whether tickets went directly to resellers or not. Neither do I.Instead of arguing with simple fans on online forums, how about to make a real journalist investigation, like some of your coworkers at least tried? About 16,000 tickets, or those extra 20,000 that were promised, or that the numbers (even if they are real) are still twice less than Khodynka capacity, or about those sites that resell tickets for 500% and none of Moscow law enforcement organisms does anything about that? Oh, yeah. Two much work for someone who has accrediation and prefers to wait and see.

And St. Pete is an innocent Christmas angel:rofl: My family member could buy good tickets for May 2 gala in the ticket office. They are/were available there, as well as online, from day 1.
I hope today you've learnt something new about your homeland:DYou have the full right to say that. Surely before today I had no idea how "always at service" some journalists can be.:rofl:

Tinami Amori
04-16-2011, 08:04 PM
And why would the police do that if the activities of those "scalpers" are not illegal, as you claim? Illegal Enterprise aka operating without mandatory special permit or license (also known as "spekulyanty" in the common language) is a crime established by the Article 171 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, punishable up to three years in prison or up to five years if committed by an organized group. The question is who is going to investigate the said websites if the Moscow law enforcement boys are not in a hurry to do anything more except sending one patrol car to Khodynka. :mad:

Police is after people who are disturbing the regular ticket purchasing process, such as getting ahead of the line, intimidating others, etc.....

There is no law that says, for example, that a person can't just gather up 30 friends and family members, which will all stand in line properly and according the rules, and buy their allowed share of tickets like the rest of regular customs........ and then re-sell it.....

If one want to stand in line 10x, as long as it takes, and pay the official price..... one can buy 10 tickets and sell them. It's person's time money invested and if he/she followed a legitimate purchasing process... then he/she is allowed to make a profit on re-selling what has been legitimately obtained.

a) "Soviets" and "products of post soviet mentality" always looked down on "trade" and "broker svs"..... :D.

b) "Spekulyanti" (Speculators) are actually "investors" who invest money in a product in anticipation that the need and price/value of that product will increase and they make a profit. It’s legal in most civilized parts of the world to “buy at low price” and “re-sell at higher price”…. :lol:

c) See this video.... to the end.... :lol:
http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

:D ....... and I am just wondering, what and who pays for Damiani and Dior?.... certainly not someone who "feeds the pigeons in the park all day"....:D…. and certainly not in exchange for “just a smile”…… :D.

Shlepa
04-16-2011, 08:05 PM
:eek: For whom? Btw, how do you know?

It is information from the people, who works in Megasport rink.

Fashionista
04-16-2011, 08:44 PM
That wasn't me who was in Khodynka and made pics of guys with guns. That wasn't me who was bargaining with illegal confident resellers right under the police officers' noses. That wasn't me who posted on FSO their personal experiences because I am not even in Russia yet. And that wasn't me who posted on FSU how they failed to buy tickets from abroad.
When on earth I denied these facts? Please calm down, turn on your logic and try to read my posts carefully. we're talking about different things.

Instead of arguing with simple fans on online forums, how about to make a real journalist investigation, like some of your coworkers at least tried?
OMG, that's hilarious:rofl: Looks like you love to talk about things you have no clue about. Have you heard about Murzilka magazine? Or Vogue? Or interior design journalism? It's called niche journalism. I'm trying to imagine beauty or fashion editor making investigations about Megasport tickets and publish it in a glossy magazine (which will be published in two months):rofl: This is sooo fcucking ridiculous, I'm loving it!:rollin:

My family member could buy good tickets for May 2 gala in the ticket office. They are/were available there, as well as online, from day 1.
Did I miss something? Is it supposed to be world championships in St.Pete on the 2nd?

BTW why do you think I have accreditation for the Worlds? Is it another fantasy of you? I wonder who would take you seriously after all these ridiculous statements and groundless accusations you posted here for the last two days.