PDA

View Full Version : When (and where) in the world is Worlds? Update: MOSCOW! 4/24-5/1/11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67

Iceman
04-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I wonder if we can soon expect an expose on the ticket situation from Phil. lol

let`s talk
04-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Called them + personal experience of noumerous people from FSOnline.

You made me curious and I "ordered" tickets on 27 via one of the illegal resellers sites, just to see how they work. Look what, less than an hour later they e-mailed me back and wrote that they have tickets for C2 for 4,500 roubles (the one that has the legal price for 1,100 roubles). Which means that either bloggers in the Internet are right and good tickets are being kept deliberately off the ticket offices, or, if you are right, those sites are not just illegal resellers, they sell fake tickets. :scream:

Ania
04-13-2011, 05:54 PM
You made me curious and I "ordered" tickets on 27 via one of the illegal resellers sites, just to see how they work. Look what, less than an hour later they e-mailed me back and wrote that they have tickets for C2 for 4,500 roubles (the one that has the legal price for 1,100 roubles). Which means that either bloggers in the Internet are right and good tickets are being kept deliberately off the ticket offices, or, if you are right, those sites are not just illegal resellers, they sell fake tickets. :scream:

My dad had a similar experience (when trying to get tickets for me). They were ready to deliver tickets in any sector (including C sectors) within 24 hours to his office. I was opposed on principle and requested he does not buy these tickets, but you bring up a good point - they could be selling fake tickets...
It's great that worlds are going to happen & Moscow offered to host them at short notice, but the tickets situation is a disgrace. I also do not believe that the problems stem solely from the tight time frame to organize the event.

Celeste
04-13-2011, 05:57 PM

And did you acutally buy it from the illegal seller? Is that the one with Yuna on their site? At this stage, I must think of buying it from them either as there are no other way left on me.:(

millipied
04-13-2011, 06:25 PM
The ticket situation exist always. Any event, any country. Scalpers are everywhere. The situation around this Worlds, of course, is going be extra scrutinized under given circumstances.
I had the same problem in 2005 Worlds in Moscow, when I could not buy tickets any legal way but at the stadium from scalpers.

darya_russian
04-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I've had no problems buying tickets in 2005 - and in 2005 I woke up and realized that Worlds are in Moscow about a week before the start of the event.
Now this is ridiculous. Tickets for Wednesday came and went already, and I wonder if and when more tickets will be officially sold or should I already go to the illegal dealers.

os168
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM

Tinami Amori
04-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Scalpers is the term for 'illegal' resellers.

“Scalpers” in Russian are “Cпекулянты” - Speculators...... and such activity is not illegal, unless the “shortage of a product” is artificially created by the said parties, not by buying large quantities, but by influencing, manipulating, controlling, limiting the source of product.

So if “Scalper” bribes, for example, the ticket office to withhold tickets from public, or uses force, bribes or threats to obtain tickets – that’s illegal.

If “Scalper” uses his own resources, finds hundreds of people to stand in line to buy 2 tickets at the time, uses his/her own money, etc., to obtain tickets in large quantities – that’s not illegal. It is not illegal to gain advantage by following a legitimate process "with vigor and determination".:D... Soviet Days are over..:cool:

There is an article on the situation with World Tickets in Moscow in “Argumenty e Fakty” (Arguments and Facts).

http://www.aif.ru/society/news/85001

The article states that Moscow Police is keeping an eye on the ticket offices near the sports complex, and watching for “scalpers” who muscle their way ahead of regular people standing in line, or through back doors into ticket offices….

Celeste
04-14-2011, 02:09 AM
“Scalpers” in Russian are “Cпекулянты” - Speculators...... and such activity is not illegal, unless the “shortage of a product” is artificially created by the said parties, not by buying large quantities, but by influencing, manipulating, controlling, limiting the source of product.

So if “Scalper” bribes, for example, the ticket office to withhold tickets from public, or uses force, bribes or threats to obtain tickets – that’s illegal.

If “Scalper” uses his own resources, finds hundreds of people to stand in line to buy 2 tickets at the time, uses his/her own money, etc., to obtain tickets in large quantities – that’s not illegal. It is not illegal to gain advantage by following a legitimate process "with vigor and determination".:D... Soviet Days are over..:cool:

There is an article on the situation with World Tickets in Moscow in “Argumenty e Fakty” (Arguments and Facts).

http://www.aif.ru/society/news/85001

The article states that Moscow Police is keeping an eye on the ticket offices near the sports complex, and watching for “scalpers” who muscle their way ahead of regular people standing in line, or through back doors into ticket offices….

Thanks for the article. So, the only way left for us is to buy from scalpers?

sammyf
04-14-2011, 02:32 AM
It's great that we can watch worlds live on icenetwork! http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110411&content_id=17648986&vkey=ice_pressrelease

Made4Dancin
04-14-2011, 02:41 AM
It's great that we can watch worlds live on icenetwork! http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110411&content_id=17648986&vkey=ice_pressreleaseI don't know if I should pay the addition 5 bucks for icenetwork which doesn't work that well for me or if I should splurge :lol: on the Universal Sports online coverage. Are either of them showing the gala? Does anyone know?

misskarne
04-14-2011, 12:52 PM
if you are right, those sites are not just illegal resellers, they sell fake tickets. :scream:

This is actually the staple diet of scalpers. I know they had a massive problem with it here prior to the 2006-2007 Ashes series - tickets were so hot, they were selling out as soon as they went on sale. I had to queue for ages just to get tickets to a warm-up match! The scalpers had a field day - many of them were selling tickets to the Sydney Test before the tickets even officially went on sale, and there were many stories of people who "bought" tickets through these sites, only to discover the ticket didn't actually exist.

So be very very careful about buying from scalpers! (i.e., don't.)

HisWeirness
04-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Are either of them showing the gala? Does anyone know?
Neither of them are scheduled to show the gala live at this time.

Fashionista
04-14-2011, 04:43 PM
This sector was partly sold through parter.ru (a couple of rows).

tinklechime
04-14-2011, 04:58 PM
is the broadcast on icenetwork subjected to blackout restrictions?? i hope it doesnt! still contemplating whether to purchase...