PDA

View Full Version : When (and where) in the world is Worlds? Update: MOSCOW! 4/24-5/1/11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67

Fashionista
04-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Nah, it's sold out again.

darya_russian
04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
There are still tickets available for first two days - that is, for qualifications.
I've managed to catch 2 tickets for Thursday, but it was pure luck.
But I've just checked, Thursday tickets are still available at kontramarka.ru, though it says "sold out". You can still buy a couple of tickets via seating plan - open it, go to sector D2, click on pink boxes and order.

millipied
04-12-2011, 08:20 PM
It does seem like both sites are experiencing tehcnical problems because of the restrictions being put on the quotas and unexpectedly high demand. Hope they can be sorted out for the sake of all the nervous fans.

beebee
04-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Has anyone discovered the mystery of the "Fancode." I had tickets in my shopping cart but got timed out and lost them. Also is anyone aware of whether or not the two sites accept PayPal? (Since US issued credit cards are not accepted).

Btw--myself and four other people are in the same boat as far as having hotel and flights, but no tickets. I am not excessively worried about about arriving without event tickets, but it sure would be nice to have them.

Iceman
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
The Fancode is SPEEDY LMAO

Cheburashka87
04-12-2011, 09:04 PM
I am in Moscow and have managed to get tickets today for all events from the box office but only for just under 50 altogether - they were only selling tickets for two sections and both right at the back. I find it really hard to believe that that this many tickets would have sold out on the internet, especially in a country where so few people pay by card. I have no concrete evidence at all but I suspect that there might be more tickets, especially as the websites aren't really clear or working properly. Perhaps they haven't released them all yet. I really hope so - don't despair there may still be hope!

On a tangent, if there are problems with tickets surely it won't look very good for Russia with Sochi coming up? Will there be any consequences if there really are a lot of people left disappointed?

IoanaC
04-12-2011, 09:04 PM
For the people outside Russia who already bought online tickets: it says you need to pick them up at their office in 24 hours. Does anyone have this problem? I'd appreciate an answer, thanks.

RD
04-12-2011, 09:11 PM
On a tangent, if there are problems with tickets surely it won't look very good for Russia with Sochi coming up? Will there be any consequences if there really are a lot of people left disappointed?

Hmm. Considering they are basically throwing this event together in ~6 weeks, some slack might be cut. But I understand it doesn't make it any less of a headache for those hoping to go. Hope it all gets sorted out.

beebee
04-12-2011, 09:11 PM
The Fancode is SPEEDY LMAO

You've got that right! I see that the need for the code has now disappeared.

os168
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
They give 15 % of the tickets to the ISU
35% -for foreigners (so you could ask at ISU page - who is that foreiners, if you could buy tickets only at Parter.ru)
40% - for russain (20% - worst places in the arena). People cold buy tickets in Megasport or at Parter.ru. They sold 6 sectors in the 3 cat - so i think its could be 20% and plus all second level of the arena. (cat 5)
10% - to the figure skaters schools
So if you could go to the next WCh in other country, i think you dont need go to Moscow this time. You could buy much better tickets and will have much cheaper hotels, then you will find in Moscow. And i think next figure skating WCh will be in Moscow in 100 years :D

www.kontramarka.ru is down :(

So Apparently 35 % reserved for foreigners!? So where are the foreigner Fanclub code? Or may be they prioritised the Japanese original ticket holders?

If anyone had success please share your stories. Thanks!

beebee
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Hmm. Considering they are basically throwing this event together in ~6 weeks, some slack might be cut. But I understand it doesn't make it any less of a headache for those hoping to go. Hope it all gets sorted out.

Cutting slack because the event was a last minute affair does not wash with regard to the ticket sales at this point in time. It has been pretty much a fiasco that does not appear to have anything to do with time constraints.

Asli
04-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Also, Millipied, I wasn't expecting things to go smoothly, but I did expect honesty. We're talking about thousands of tickets here. They can't all be gone in a matter of minutes. That would be a record even for the World Football Cup.

Are you kidding? 3000 tickets for the Football World Cup would be gone in a millisecond even if they were available in just one country! :)

3000 tickets in a few minutes isn't too much, considering the popularity of figure skating in Russia.

Eislauffan
04-12-2011, 11:13 PM
IIRC, the tickets for Worlds in Tokyo (well, you know what I mean) were sold out immediately.

misskarne
04-13-2011, 12:20 AM

Exactly. I think a few people here are being a bit harsh on the RFSF tbh. Let's face it, they didn't have a lot of time. It's only a month since the tsunami and remember, the ISU faffed about for at least a week before they announced Worlds would be moved, then at least another half a week/week until it was given to Moscow. So, effectively, the RFSF has only had two weeks.

I agree the problems must be frustrating, but I think they've done quite a good job on getting this together.

And for anyone who thinks it'll be like this for Sochi, use your common sense. They'll have had seven years to prepare for Sochi when that rolls around. Seven years is a lot longer than two or three weeks. I'm sure they'll have all the glitches sorted.

3000 tickets in a few minutes isn't too much, considering the popularity of figure skating in Russia.

Exactly! 3000 tickets is tiny! In proportion, my city's rugby league team earned a home semi-final last year; they sold out the seats of the 27,000-capacity stadium in HALF AN HOUR.

Figure skating is practically Russia's national sport; I'm sure fans all over Russia have jumped at the chance to see Worlds in their country.

beebee
04-13-2011, 02:28 AM
IIRC, the tickets for Worlds in Tokyo (well, you know what I mean) were sold out immediately.

For Tokyo, all the tickets went on sale when the sale started, not piecemeal as in Moscow. The two Russian websites only allow two internet orders per person per month, so with the way tickets have been released, it is next to impossible to get event tickets for each day of the competition. At the arena, two sections per day are being sold (I think today it was upper level). Are people in Moscow expected to go to the arena every day to see what is available? There are also no all event tickets and there is no way for people who live in America to buy tickets since the websites won't accept USA bank issued credit cards and no alternatives are given. Has there ever before been a World Championship that excluded the residents of a particular country from buying tickets? These conditions point to a cavalier and capricious attitude toward the fans on the part of the organizers. None of this has any nexus to sucessfully getting the event planned on short notice or a huge demand for tickets. Some things may have been done right, but much has not.

Why make excuses to pardon the organizers? The facts speak for themselves--shame on the LOC for it's attitude toward loyal fans.