PDA

View Full Version : When (and where) in the world is Worlds? Update: MOSCOW! 4/24-5/1/11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67

millipied
04-12-2011, 03:02 PM
What website are you all using?

I tired to use parter.ru and kontramarka.ru and both are already sold out:(

os168
04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
What website are you all using? And what code are you talking about?

The only official website which sells tickets is www.parter.ru but all tickets available for today are sold out.

There are actually 2 websites. The partner.ru sold out earlier than the other one.
Here's the 2nd recommended one

http://www.kontramarka.ru

Some tickets on the 25th are still up for grabs.

There were tickets available but clearly not to people without the secret password. So now it is all sold out.

Very frustrating, I was getting so excited and made multiple attempts, but all stuck at this FANCLUB code thingmebobs (Which is the biggest figure skating fan club in the world seriously? Thought this is the one, umm.....)!!

IoanaC
04-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't think they're sold out to the general public, they're sold to the illegal dealers, who resell them at much higher prices. I've tried all day today, there was not a moment when tickets were actually available. The only ones you can buy are for the qualifying round. Was anyone lucky enough to purchase tickets for the other competition days, through parter.ru? Saturday, 13.30 p.m, for instance?

melonmelon
04-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I already booked the planes and the hotels. But I don't have tickets. :(

Does anybody know information about official practice?
Could the audience see the official practice?

IoanaC
04-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I already booked the planes and the hotels. But I don't have tickets. :(

Does anybody know information about official practice?
Could the audience see the official practice?

I'd worry about the tickets first, Melonmelon...:( I'm in the exact same situation and I'm beginning to think I won't be able to get into the damn arena at all... It's completely absurd.

let`s talk
04-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I tired to use parter.ru and kontramarka.ru and both are already sold out:(

...and they had something like 12 tickets available for sale, which is just :rofl:. The funniest part is those officials, who claim how well the sales are going on, with no illegal activities around :D :confused: . And at the same time they say 3,000 tickets have been sold out. Wait, somebody has troubles with math? 14,000 arena, let's say 8,000-9,000 seats won't be killed by cameras, journalists and officials. Four days of main competitions, plus two days of qualifying rounds, plus gala, total it should be around 60,000+/- tickets available for sales. Right, 5,000 they said were booked for foreign tourists who come to Moscow via special tours. Still I have some tens of thousands, which is waaaay more than 3,000 tickets, those that were sold out. Where are the rest? Don't worry. They will show up. Just not when and where you expect them to show up. :mad::biggrinbo :cold: :eek:

millipied
04-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Last official information I read was that they only released 5000 tickets and 3000 of them were sold. Anyway I think there is too much panic going on. There are too many tickets and I highly doubt there will be that high demand for them. So anyone who already booked tickets and visas should not worry. You can easily buy them on the day of the event at the stadium.

let`s talk
04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Last official information I read was that they only released 5000 tickets and 3000 of them were sold. Anyway I think there is too much panic going on. There are too many tickets and I highly doubt there will be that high demand for them. So anyone who already booked tickets and visas should not worry. You can easily buy them on the day of the event at the stadium.

Well, in fact I actually think the same. Plus I have people in Moscow who know what they are doing. And I don't need a visa. Most of illegal resalers, the link about whom I posted in the Worlds forums, will likely be left with nothing, or surely with not that "income" that they expect.
Still, I do understand the feeling of foreign fans who have to go through air flights, visa crap, hotels booking, etc., and who have to go to Moscow "blind" with no tickets in their hands, hoping that they will buy them when they land in the town.

Fashionista
04-12-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.kontramarka.ru

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot about the second one because it is actually the same website as parter.ru (they belong to one company and sell the same tickets).

The only ones you can buy are for the qualifying round. Was anyone lucky enough to purchase tickets for the other competition days, through parter.ru? Saturday, 13.30 p.m, for instance?

I know such people. The tickets were sold for like a couple of minutes.

darya_russian
04-12-2011, 07:00 PM
The tickets they release on parter.ru are sold out within 2-3 minutes (well, tickets for Monday are still available, but I couldn't order anything else - they are gone too quickly). I'm seriously considering buying tickets from resellers - it will cost maybe twice as much, but at least this way I will be sure I'll have these tickets.
Really, it's ridiculous. They say the best seats are reserved for "foreigners" and those who live in Moscow will be able to buy only corner seats. I hope it's just rumors, but so far the whole situation is driving me mad.

pani
04-12-2011, 07:14 PM
They give 15 % of the tickets to the ISU
35% -for foreigners (so you could ask at ISU page - who is that foreiners, if you could buy tickets only at Parter.ru)
40% - for russain (20% - worst places in the arena). People cold buy tickets in Megasport or at Parter.ru. They sold 6 sectors in the 3 cat - so i think its could be 20% and plus all second level of the arena. (cat 5)
10% - to the figure skaters schools
So if you could go to the next WCh in other country, i think you dont need go to Moscow this time. You could buy much better tickets and will have much cheaper hotels, then you will find in Moscow. And i think next figure skating WCh will be in Moscow in 100 years :D

IoanaC
04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
If the selling on parter.ru went on for just a couple of minutes, how many foreign people could have bought tickets, realistically speaking ? This is simply outrageous!
Do you really think I can just show up in Moscow and hope to find tickets at Megasport? I'm getting a bit desperate right now... Most of all, I'm just shocked, because I hadn't anticipated this situation.

millipied
04-12-2011, 07:34 PM
If the selling on parter.ru went on for just a couple of minutes, how many foreign people could have bought tickets, realistically speaking ? This is simply outrageous!
Do you really think I can just show up in Moscow and hope to find tickets at Megasport? I'm getting a bit desperate right now... Most of all, I'm just shocked, because I hadn't anticipated this situation.

I think your best option, along with anyone who is looking to travel to Moscow from abroad, is to call the tour agency that got the tickets. Otherwise you just gamble and travel to Moscow in hopes to get those tickets at the venue.
I really can not understand people who expected that the process that usually takes two years to plan will go smoothly with three weeks to do everything.

millipied
04-12-2011, 07:37 PM
BTW, as of right this moment, kontramarka.ru has bunch of tickets available for all days. Hurry!!!

IoanaC
04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
BTW, as of right this moment, kontramarka.ru has bunch of tickets available for all days. Hurry!!!

It says either "no available tickets" or "sold out" !

How can I find out which tour agency got the tickets?

Also, Millipied, I wasn't expecting things to go smoothly, but I did expect honesty. We're talking about thousands of tickets here. They can't all be gone in a matter of minutes. That would be a record even for the World Football Cup.