PDA

View Full Version : When (and where) in the world is Worlds? Update: MOSCOW! 4/24-5/1/11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

marbri
04-04-2011, 04:50 PM
We are talking about two different galas:

1. The gala of the World Championships in Moscow - Plushenko won't skate.

2. The gala in St Petersburg as a benefit for Japan - Plushenko will skate.
This second gala will take place after the end of the Worlds and has no official link to the Worlds.

Letīs Talk confused the issue with people I believe by speculating that Pluschenko's twitter comment was about skating at the Worlds gala since he was already confirmed for the St. Petersburg gala.

FigureSpins
04-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Letīs Talk confused the issue with people I believe by speculating that Pluschenko's twitter comment was about skating at the Worlds gala since he was already confirmed for the St. Petersburg gala.
Yes, that's what confused me! (I don't know WHO mixed-and-matched the tweets with the "gala.")

According to a prior post, the two exhibitions aren't even in the same city, so the Benefit for Japan show has nothing to do with Worlds. It's just a standalone event starring fan favorites who want to contribute to a good cause. Bravo for them.

That means the ISU rules/guidelines/whatevers related to ISU competitions and exhibitions are irrelevant since it's not a "World Champions" exhibition or tour. The organizers just need to take care of the approvals as they would for any other show.

Thanks to all who cleared up the confusion.

let`s talk
04-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Letīs Talk confused the issue with people I believe by speculating that Pluschenko's twitter comment was about skating at the Worlds gala since he was already confirmed for the St. Petersburg gala.I didn't. I was replying on the posters' questions about the gala in St-Petersburg on May 2. All the rest speculations came from those who didn't read the whole dialogue:

Skaters going to join the gala taking place on May 2nd will be

Plushenko, Savchenko/Scholkowy, Amodio, Pechalat/Bourzat, Ilinykh/Katsalapov, Gachinski, Leonova, Makarova, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Ando and more...

Sorry, I can't read Russian.

So it's confirmed that Plushenko is skating at the Gala? He said on Twitter that he'd like to skate, but he hadn't been asked yet.

If so, could be very interesting, as he's talking about it being the first outing for one of his new competition programs.

It's confirmed and he'll be there. Honestly, I can't imagine any top FS show in St-Petersburg without Plush. On Twitter he was probably speaking about the official Worlds exhibition gala in Moscow on May 1.
http://fsnews.ru/datas/users/afspb_1.jpeg
Plush
K/S
S/S
Fernandez
Amodio
P/B
Ando
V/T
Gachi
Makarova
Leonova
others

rfisher
04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I agree, but I did say "the preliminaries" were going to be the punishment. :)

It's difficult to beat Sarah's gold in terms of emotion, isn't it? I hope the Worlds has something that good in store. For instance, very deserving skaters who have been held back by their partners time and again and who, after long years, finally skate with each other and win the gold. I mean, just as an example. You get the general idea. ;)

:cheer2:

reut
04-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Watched news from Russia now, they said they consider to allow to get visa directly at Moscow airports.

allezfred
04-04-2011, 08:54 PM
For instance, very deserving skaters who have been held back by their partners time and again and who, after long years, finally skate with each other and win the gold. I mean, just as an example. You get the general idea. ;)

Two skaters representing Russia, one of whom is originally from Japan, winning gold would make a better story, in my opinion. :saint:

Asli
04-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Two skaters representing Russia, one of whom is originally from Japan, winning gold would make a better story, in my opinion. :saint:

:) You are right, that would be a good story too and surely even the fans of the other deserving skaters wouldn't grudge them that!

However, IMO Japan winning the men's and women's gold and a pairs team such as I previously mentioned winning the pairs' gold would be the best story. :saint:

julieann
04-05-2011, 12:29 AM

Agree :cheer2:

JerseySlore
04-05-2011, 02:00 AM
:) You are right, that would be a good story too and surely even the fans of the other deserving skaters wouldn't grudge them that!

However, IMO Japan winning the men's and women's gold and a pairs team such as I previously mentioned winning the pairs' gold would be the best story. :saint:

Ando and Oda can win golds:scream: for all I care if Tanya finally gets that gold she's overdue.:hat1:

oleada
04-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Ando and Oda can win golds:scream: for all I care if Tanya finally gets that gold she's overdue.:hat1:

rfisher and I have a 2-for-the-price-of-1 special on our souls for a Volosozhar/Trankov, Savchenko/Szolkowy and Bazarova/Larionov podium.

JerseySlore
04-05-2011, 02:43 AM
rfisher and I have a 2-for-the-price-of-1 special on our souls for a Volosozhar/Trankov, Savchenko/Szolkowy and Bazarova/Larionov podium.

Count me in :cheer2:

julieann
04-05-2011, 03:07 AM

:yikes: I can see S/S and V/T but B/L? :slinkaway

That's a tall order...maybe if P/T and K/S don't skate their short......:shuffle:

oleada
04-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Well, you don't have to sell anything to get three of those teams on the podium.

victoriaheidi
04-05-2011, 03:24 AM
Ok, question: on Wikipedia, up to this point, there were "45 countries" participating (there were 46, but then Germany withdrew and I guess was reinstated?). Now there are 44. What happened?

senorita
04-05-2011, 12:41 PM
The way these Worlds have turned to be so special even Flatt and Van Den Perren winning gold will be a great story :)