PDA

View Full Version : When (and where) in the world is Worlds? Update: MOSCOW! 4/24-5/1/11

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

millipied
03-22-2011, 08:19 PM
If Russia takes on the 'minor expense" to host the Worlds, what are the odds that, within 6 months, Plushy is reinstated to compete in ISU events up to and including Sochi OG? :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And what benefit for Russia would that be? The uncertainty of him ever winning again? gaining useless spots for the current crop of Russian male skaters who do not really produce any results anyway?
If they want to gain anything, it would be in other disciplines.

Anyway, I find these speculations very sad in given circumstances.

ponta1
03-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Uh....you selectively clipped my last sentence of that post in which I state that, in the end, I can put up with any Piseev Games because what matters is that there is a Worlds 2011. I think that we can all agree on that.

Not sure if you mean that literally or figuratively, but either way, I haven't clipped anything. And besides, you're totally missing my point.

Frau Muller
03-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Not sure if you mean that literally or figuratively, but either way, I haven't clipped anything. And besides, you're totally missing my point.

Oh I get your point. That we should all shut-up and sing 'kumbaya' if questionable calls happen favoring Russians at a Moscow Worlds (if Moscow is selected). There's no such thing as a Free Lunch. Putin knows that.

ponta1
03-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Oh I get your point. That we should all shut-up and sing 'kumbaya' if questionable calls happen favoring Russians at a Moscow Worlds (if Moscow is selected). There's no such thing as a Free Lunch. Putin knows that.

Uh, no. My point is that the games haven't even started yet, so can we stop with these accusations of wrong doings that haven't happened.

millipied
03-22-2011, 08:25 PM

So, if Vancouver gets the Worlds, would that be Free Lunch? or more like Canadian Bacon?

Perky Shae Lynn
03-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Russia (and other countries) have stepped up and graciously offered to host the championships. Can we stop with these insinuations of "dirty doings", and just be grateful to Russia and the others? The championships haven't even started yet, and already we have conspiracy theories going on!
I am amazed by some of the attitudes here. Blind hate, speculation and complete lack of grace. I hope most people understand that all the parties involved are doing the best they can - under very difficult and unique circumstances.

Eislauffan
03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
This AP article said that six countries are bidding for Worlds
Austria (Graz)
Canada
Croatia (not named, but it should be Zagreb)
Finland (Turku)
Russia
USA

http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=525964.html

Perky Shae Lynn
03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh I get your point. That we should all shut-up and sing 'kumbaya' if questionable calls happen favoring Russians at a Moscow Worlds (if Moscow is selected). There's no such thing as a Free Lunch. Putin knows that.And if the U.S. gets the Worlds, should we all shut up and sing "kumbaya' if questionable calls happen favoring Americans at the Worlds? Enough with the senseless accusations already. If your attitude is, ISU can't do anything right, well that's too bad. I am sure most fans will enjoy having the Worlds this year, regardless of the location. :blah:

rfisher
03-22-2011, 08:42 PM
If Russia takes on the 'minor expense" to host the Worlds, what are the odds that, within 6 months, Plushy is reinstated to compete in ISU events up to and including Sochi OG? :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go Plushy! :lol: If that's what it takes to see V/T, I say give Peace Plushenko a chance.

Dragonlady
03-22-2011, 08:55 PM
If all they want is reinstatement for Plushenko, by all means give it to them. It's not like his knees are going to get any better between now and 2014.

Wyliefan
03-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I am amazed by some of the attitudes here. Blind hate, speculation and complete lack of grace. I hope most people understand that all the parties involved are doing the best they can - under very difficult and unique circumstances.

Hear, hear.

smartblade
03-22-2011, 08:56 PM
I doubt the ISU and RFSU is forming any kind of conspiracy. 2010 figure skating event was amazing in vancouver I don't think since 1994 has it been as exciting with minimal scrutiny. Figure Skating has comeback to its former glory since the scandals of 1998/2002. I don't think Russia or the ISU will jeopardize figure skating involvement with the olympics. The IOC threatened the ISU to clean up its act after the 2002 olympics or risk its future involvement with the olympics. If moscow becomes the host for 2011 olympics and plushenko soon after becomes reinstated, i'm sure the news will become a media blitz that will negatively impact the sport with news of bribery, corruptions. i'm sure the ISU will not tolerate it.

If i was russia i'd forget about plushenko, especially with the up and coming athletes in the ladies, dance and pairs diciplines.

Frau Muller
03-22-2011, 09:02 PM
And if the U.S. gets the Worlds, should we all shut up and sing "kumbaya' if questionable calls happen favoring Americans at the Worlds? Enough with the senseless accusations already. If your attitude is, ISU can't do anything right, well that's too bad. I am sure most fans will enjoy having the Worlds this year, regardless of the location. :blah:

The USSR/Russia Fed is the one that has been most notorious in the history of figure skating, hence the many jokes, over the years, about Mr/Mrs Piseev, cheating judges, etc. Just as the word "China" is now synonymous with age-related lies. But you are right, Perky, if the Worlds are in America and dirty doings are suspected favoring American skaters then, of course, we should not 'kumbaya'! Point taken!!!

oleada
03-22-2011, 09:03 PM

And if the U.S. gets the Worlds, should we all shut up and sing "kumbaya' if questionable calls happen favoring Americans at the Worlds? Enough with the senseless accusations already. If your attitude is, ISU can't do anything right, well that's too bad. I am sure most fans will enjoy having the Worlds this year, regardless of the location. :blah:

Ditto.

Vash01
03-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Russia (and other countries) have stepped up and graciously offered to host the championships. Can we stop with these insinuations of "dirty doings", and just be grateful to Russia and the others? The championships haven't even started yet, and already we have conspiracy theories going on!

Well said.