PDA

View Full Version : "Skaters Care: A Benefit for Japan Tsunami Relief" April 3rd in Ontario, California

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

crzesk8dad
04-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Tell Mr. Lanie that we have beer, nachos and pretty girls on ice...what more could he want on a Sunday afternoon? ;)

Polymer Bob
04-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I can't attend, but I made a donation. :)

Sylvia
04-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Many rehearsal, backstage, audience, and show pics are being tweeted so far today and can all be viewed here: http://plixi.com/3459573

victoriaheidi
04-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Really excited! Please PM me (if you're still near your computer) and you want to meet up!

Sylvia
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
HAVE FUN AnnM, Anita18, victoriaheidi, loopey, Sugar64, Lanie (if you decided to go) and everyone else lucky enough to attend the show in person! Looking forward to reading your reports/impressions/highlights afterwards! :)

reese
04-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Judging by the live pictures coming off Twitter, attendance looks abysmal!

victoriaheidi
04-04-2011, 12:46 AM
^we're a small but mighty crowd.

manleywoman
04-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Every little bit helps JaPan.

Shame since it's near a big skating Mecca. Wish I could have gone.

Garden Kitty
04-04-2011, 02:34 AM
I couldn't make it to the event, but I did make a donation to recognize all the hard work of the volunteers and because it's for a good cause.

Lara
04-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Shame if the attendance was poor, I'd have loved to go. :( I guess without major big names ala Lysacek it's tough. But very proud of Sean and all the organizers for making it possible. :cheer:

Lanie
04-04-2011, 03:00 AM
I bet it was an awesome show! We couldn't make it, obviously. We had to check out of our old apartment and we spent the day cleaning. Sigh. I hope everyone had fun!

victoriaheidi
04-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Great show! I will post a detailed review later.

AnnM
04-04-2011, 06:32 AM
I thought it was a great show. It was nice to see some skaters that I hadn't seen in ages such as Derrick Delmore & Parker Pennington, along with seeing some of the young up and comers. Of course the top names delivered as expected. The short track speedskating demo was neat. The biggest surprise for me was the Theater on Ice --- I hadn't seen anything like that before & I loved it.

Attendance was pretty low. I live locally (only 10-15 minutes from the arena) and didn't see any mention of it in the local papers. I also didn't see too many skaters or coaches from the Ontario ice rink. I think this was just due to the short turnaround time for the event though.

It also would have been nice to have more information in advance about the skater meet & greet via VIP ticket and/or the post-show autograph session. Info about the VIP ticket wasn't posted until I already bought my ticket & info about the post-show stuff was just posted at the souvenir stand. Again, I understand that this was probably due to the short turnaround time.

All in all, it was a good event for a good cause. Great idea on Sean Rabbitt's part. Even if the house wasn't packed, every dollar helps & it seemed that every attendee was having a good time.

PS: Anita18 --- I saw you! But I was on my way out & they were about to start the closing number so I didn't get to say hi. sorry!

Anita18
04-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I thought it was a great show. It was nice to see some skaters that I hadn't seen in ages such as Derrick Delmore & Parker Pennington, along with seeing some of the young up and comers. Of course the top names delivered as expected. The short track speedskating demo was neat. The biggest surprise for me was the Theater on Ice --- I hadn't seen anything like that before & I loved it.

Attendance was pretty low. I live locally (only 10-15 minutes from the arena) and didn't see any mention of it in the local papers. I also didn't see too many skaters or coaches from the Ontario ice rink. I think this was just due to the short turnaround time for the event though.

It also would have been nice to have more information in advance about the skater meet & greet via VIP ticket and/or the post-show autograph session. Info about the VIP ticket wasn't posted until I already bought my ticket & info about the post-show stuff was just posted at the souvenir stand. Again, I understand that this was probably due to the short turnaround time.

All in all, it was a good event for a good cause. Great idea on Sean Rabbitt's part. Even if the house wasn't packed, every dollar helps & it seemed that every attendee was having a good time.

PS: Anita18 --- I saw you! But I was on my way out & they were about to start the closing number so I didn't get to say hi. sorry!
You did? I was probably trying to get my bf to watch more skating and stop playing on his iPhone. :lol: Eh, at least I had fun. :P

I enjoyed the show too, even if attendance was pretty poor. Due to the short turnaround time they probably didn't have the chance to market it properly and whatnot. It was great seeing some of the veterans and the up-and-comers....some of whom were SO young I called 'em the "too f*cking cute" contingent. :lol: And yah, first time I've seen "theater on ice," synchronized skating, and speed skating too. It was great getting everybody together. :cheer:

Three cheers to everybody who made this happen! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

lovesdance
04-04-2011, 08:03 AM
I was able to go (wasn't sure up until this morning if I'd be able to make it) and I loved the show! I saw Crzesk8dad and Crzesk8mom greeting everyone before the show started and being all-around great hosts. :) There was some great skating, and though the crowd seemed small, we were able to make quite a bit of noise. :) Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun!

The short track exhibition was one of the highlights for me, as I've always loved short track and have wanted to see it live. I thought the short track skaters did such a great job of making a fun exhibition - what a wonderful addition to the cast!

I have to agree with Anita and Ann about the Theater on Ice - I'd never seen something like that and really enjoyed it. I was very impressed that they were able to skate in those elaborate costumes. I also really liked the synchro team. It was neat to be introduced to these different disciplines and to have such a diverse cast.

I enjoyed all of the skaters/programs. I didn't really take any notes, and pretty much know nothing about jumps, so can't tell you who did what, but if anyone has specific questions, feel free to ask and I'll tell you what I can remember. I thought Doug Razzano's "Fix You" program was really beautiful. I have a soft spot for Doug's skating and love his more artistic programs like this one. Adam and Jeremy were absolutely fabulous as always, and they (and Sean and Ricky) had quite a contingent of screaming fangirls in the corner of the arena. :lol: Sean did his MJ SP, which is so much fun, and he skated it really well (crowd loved it). Ricky closed out the show with his SP ("Elena" - I think), and he brought down the house. He's looking great - very prepared. His jumps were wonderful, as usual, and the expression in the program was the best I've seen all year.

Wonderful show! I second the :cheer::cheer::cheer: for those who put this together. And a special :cheer: to Citizens Business Bank Arena for donating the venue.