PDA

View Full Version : "Skaters Care: A Benefit for Japan Tsunami Relief" April 3rd in Ontario, California

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Anita18
03-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Me too. I tried to buy 10 tickets and picked seats, then waited 15 minutes.... and was told that my request didn't go through. Anita, did you call Ticketmaster to reserve seats for you? I'll try again tomorrow, but if it doesn't work, I guess I'll have to find another way to buy tickets.
It finally worked at around 1am, go figure. :P

galaxy
03-24-2011, 03:51 PM
I want thank all the skaters who are participating in this event from Japan, and hope many of you living close by would be able to enjoy the show! Thank you, US skaters and fans!:saint:

I second that. How can we express thanks to all the skaters and organizers?
How grateful we are to you is something beyond words!

gkelly
03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
It was mentioned earlier in this thread that they'll be performing a duet. Should be fun to see what they come up with! :)

[Liang and Overett]

You mean they're writing the song themselves???? Well, if there's any rapping, I just hope it's at least tastefully done. ;)

Huh?

I take it to mean that they will be performing a skating duet -- two skaters on the ice together skating a number together -- that does not fit the competitive definitions of "pairs" or "ice dance."

This is a show, not a competition, so there's no need to stick to any rules or competition definitions.

Sugar64
03-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Somebody mentioned that Mirai is in the show but she's not listed on the site. Did something fall through??

oh2tango
03-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't think Mirai was ever a "for sure" I am pretty sure she was committed to something else prior to this event.

Just saw Ricky Dornbush will be there! And Short Track Speed Skating!!!!:rofl: Love it! What a fun benefit!!!

Sylvia
03-24-2011, 10:41 PM
I heard that Mirai was definitely interested but she reportedly had a schedule conflict that couldn't be resolved.

I'm very glad to see that Richard Dornbush has been added -- he's the only U.S. World team member who lives in SoCal.

neptune
03-25-2011, 04:48 AM
I take it to mean that they will be performing a skating duet -- two skaters on the ice together skating a number together -- that does not fit the competitive definitions of "pairs" or "ice dance."

Skating???? :eek: Oh, I thought we were going to get a classic duet pairing here!!!! You know, like Diana Ross & Lionel Richie, Lita Ford & Ozzy Osbourne, or Madonna & Justin Timberlake. (And a new act--a whole lot cheaper too, I might add--for Brian Boitano to incorporate into his Skating Spectulars!) Well, I suppose that's just as well, because it's always smarter in life to stick to what you're best at. ;)

Sugar64
03-25-2011, 05:16 AM
I don't think Mirai was ever a "for sure" I am pretty sure she was committed to something else prior to this event.

Just saw Ricky Dornbush will be there! And Short Track Speed Skating!!!!:rofl: Love it! What a fun benefit!!!

Bummer. I was hoping to see her too.

Polymer Bob
03-25-2011, 08:34 PM

The event is mentioned in a few of the other boards and blogs, but I can't find any mention of Mirai.

http://gym-skate.blogspot.com/2011/03/california-skaters-plan-benefit-for.html

( I suppose I should know who the Ice'Kateers are. Google is indeed our friend. :D )

Sylvia
03-25-2011, 08:43 PM

As of 3/25/10:
Current list of perfomers-listed alphabetically (subject to change)

Jeremy Abbott
Lindsay Davis and Themi Leftheris
Derrick Delmore
Richard Dornbush
Alexe Gilles
Courtney Hicks
Ice Club Demorra-Short Track Speed Skating Exhibition (*see skaters below)
Ice'Kateers Senior Synchronized Team
Ellie Kawamura
Jana Khokhlova and Fedor Andreev (Russia)
Vanessa Lam
Nicholas LaRoche
Bebe Liang and Braden Overett
Los Angeles Theater on Ice
Runa Maeda & Spencer Howe
Daisuke Murakami (Japan)
Parker Pennington
Sean Rabbitt
Douglas Razzano
Adam Rippon
Clair Senda (Japan)
Tiffany Vise and Don Baldwin
Caroline Zhang
Vincent Zhou

*Ice Club Demorra members:

Meng Weng--The World's fasted female short track speedskater from China's Olympic Team and the most Olympic gold medals.

Sun Linlin--- 2 time Olympic medalist from China

JR Celski--USA 2 time bronze Olympic medalist-- known for his miraculous recovery from the Olympic trials accident 4 months before the Olympic games in Vancouver

Kyle Uyehara--2011 USA World Cup National team-- recently returned from competing in Germany and Russia.

Kendal Pumphrey--age 16--Former Figure skater, now 2011 USA Junior World Short Track Speedskating Team --recently returned from competing at the Junior Worlds in Courmayeur, Italy

Also, check out the FAQ for how to donate to the cause if you are unable to attend the show in person: http://www.skaterscare.com/faq

Allskate
03-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Also, check out the FAQ for how to donate to the cause if you are unable to attend the show in person: http://www.skaterscare.com/faq

Thanks! And thanks to all the skaters who are participating and those who are making donations to make this possible.

galaxy
03-26-2011, 01:37 AM

As of 3/25/10:
Current list of perfomers-listed alphabetically (subject to change)

Jeremy Abbott
Lindsay Davis and Themi Leftheris
Derrick Delmore
Richard Dornbush
Alexe Gilles
Courtney Hicks
Ice Club Demorra-Short Track Speed Skating Exhibition (*see skaters below)
Ice'Kateers Senior Synchronized Team
Ellie Kawamura
Jana Khokhlova and Fedor Andreev (Russia)
Vanessa Lam
Nicholas LaRoche
Bebe Liang and Braden Overett
Los Angeles Theater on Ice
Runa Maeda & Spencer Howe
Daisuke Murakami (Japan)
Parker Pennington
Sean Rabbitt
Douglas Razzano
Adam Rippon
Clair Senda (Japan)
Tiffany Vise and Don Baldwin
Caroline Zhang
Vincent Zhou

*Ice Club Demorra members:

Meng Weng--The World's fasted female short track speedskater from China's Olympic Team and the most Olympic gold medals.

Sun Linlin--- 2 time Olympic medalist from China

JR Celski--USA 2 time bronze Olympic medalist-- known for his miraculous recovery from the Olympic trials accident 4 months before the Olympic games in Vancouver

Kyle Uyehara--2011 USA World Cup National team-- recently returned from competing in Germany and Russia.

Kendal Pumphrey--age 16--Former Figure skater, now 2011 USA Junior World Short Track Speedskating Team --recently returned from competing at the Junior Worlds in Courmayeur, Italy

I am crying watching this. So many people, a lot of work. So heartwarming and touching.
I am almost speechless, all I can say is.....

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everybody!

crzesk8dad
03-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Citizens Business Bank Arena and Ticketmaster have generously reduced the "convenience fee" for tickets ordered at www.ticketmaster.com to $3.50 per ticket. Granted this is additional to the face value of the ticket, but when compared to what gas is costing these days and the fact that you can choose your seat on-line and know exactly where you are going to sit, it's a pretty good deal. If you are buying a large group, however, you may want to call the CBBA box office and make arrangements for will-call.

Also, the "Club sections" 103, 104 and 105, will be available for sale, sometime on Monday. The Club holders have "first right of refusal" which expired on Saturday night. They actually should have been available now, however, there was a technical difficulty with Ticketmaster, which won't be resolved until Monday. We apologize for any inconvenience.

B.Cooper
03-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know if a similar benefit is being organized for the east coast for those of us who can't get to SoCal for this event?

Sylvia
03-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Does anyone know if a similar benefit is being organized for the east coast for those of us who can't get to SoCal for this event?
I'd be interested to know as well. I've only heard Meryl Davis mention a benefit show for Japan being organized in the Detroit area after Worlds.

Becky Bereswill tweeted this photo earlier today (http://twitpic.com/4eexoq) that the Houston FSC raised "over $2100 with 100% of the proceeds going to the Japanese Red Cross. Great show! :D" Renee Kono was one of the club skaters who performed in Operation S.K.A.T.E. (Skating Kids Aid The Earthquake) on Sunday 3/27.