PDA

View Full Version : "Skaters Care: A Benefit for Japan Tsunami Relief" April 3rd in Ontario, California

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Wyliefan
03-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Ooh, nice to see Derrick Delmore's name. I've always enjoyed his skating.

victoriaheidi
03-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks for your willingness to help! We hope you attend in any event.

Absolutely! As I said, this will be my first time seeing skating live, so I'm really looking forward to it.

inthemiddle
03-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Absolutely! As I said, this will be my first time seeing skating live, so I'm really looking forward to it.

:) I am very happy for you, it is a great experience, but it is addictive. ;)

victoriaheidi
03-20-2011, 09:55 PM
:) I am very happy for you, it is a great experience, but it is addictive. ;)

Haha, I bet. At least I'll get at least one more chance in the next year (what with SA in Ontario and Nats in San Jose)!

crzesk8dad
03-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Haha, I bet. At least I'll get at least one more chance in the next year (what with SA in Ontario and Nats in San Jose)!

VH..you should come to the Glacier Falls Summer Classic in early August, each year or the Golden West Championships on Labor Day weekend. Good skating there for cheap!!

Ajax
03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm on the East Coast and therefore cannot attend. But kudos to all the organizers, sponsors and skaters involved in this event. I have just made a donation to show my support :)

crzesk8dad
03-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Just joined the cast of Skaters Care: A Benefit for Japan Tsunami Relief:

2011 U. S. Championships Ladies Bronze Medalist, Mirai Nagasu!!

Jenna
03-21-2011, 09:30 PM
WOW! Great! This show is going to be wonderful and it's for a really wonderful cause.

Thanks Glacier Falls FSC for putting this together. :)

loopey
03-22-2011, 12:18 AM
Just joined the cast of Skaters Care: A Benefit for Japan Tsunami Relief:

2011 U. S. Championships Ladies Bronze Medalist, Mirai Nagasu!!
I have a friend that works in the KTLA (Channel 5) Newsroom, and would love to see them cover this event. Who shall I tell her to call. Please PM me.

Sylvia
03-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Mirai Nagasu isn't listed on the official site's Skaters page at this time: http://www.skaterscare.com/skaters
So let's wait and see if her name officially appears there. :)

loopey, I would direct any local media inquiries to the site's "Contact" page.

victoriaheidi
03-22-2011, 01:07 AM
VH..you should come to the Glacier Falls Summer Classic in early August, each year or the Golden West Championships on Labor Day weekend. Good skating there for cheap!!

I planned on going to Golden West this past year, but I did not have a car at that time and was at the mercy of my parents, who had commitments. :( But I have a car now, so I hope to check out both!

+SO thrilled that Mirai joined the cast!

inthemiddle
03-22-2011, 03:31 AM
I was hoping for some Frank C. students to join. It will be great if Jonathan C. skate there too. I am very happy about Mirai being a part of the show. I may be able to attend it, hopefully.

Shinku
03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
I want thank all the skaters who are participating in this event from Japan, and hope many of you living close by would be able to enjoy the show! Thank you, US skaters and fans!:saint:

Twilight1
03-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I saw Ontario and got all excited, then realized it was California. Great idea and hopefully more benefits come up to help the many people displaced because of the crisis over there.

Sylvia
03-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Here's an interesting tidbit published today (3/22) in PJ Kwong's CBC blog: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/pjkwong/2011/03/coaches-play-the-skate-and-wait-routine.html

Back in Michigan, [Marina] Zoueva recounted a feeling she likened to depression in the rink after the news of the earthquake broke.

"Skating is like a family. I know many of the skaters and their families for very long time and I worry about what's happening to them."

Her son Fedor Andreev and dance partner Jana Khokhlova are committed to a fundraising show for Japanese relief on April 3 in Ontario, Calif., called Skaters Care (http://www.skaterscare.com/). Zoueva says she's committed to helping the cause in whatever way she can.

"If it wouldn't conflict with possible new worlds date, I will send my other skaters as well. I absolutely want to help as much as possible."
Like Nagasu, Khokhlova/Andreev aren't listed on the site's Skaters page, so I would consider them "unofficial" for the time being.