PDA

View Full Version : "Skaters Care: A Benefit for Japan Tsunami Relief" April 3rd in Ontario, California

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ElinorD
03-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Sean did a fabulous job reaching out & translating in the first days after the quake. Here he is, stepping up again! Nice job.
Good luck to those coordinating the event! Wish I could be there.

peibeck
03-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Based on that link, does that mean Bebe and Braden are going to do a program together? That could be very voidy! :rollin: Hopefully we will get some videos.

Thank you Glacier Falls SC for organizing this event; I hope it is extremely successful!!!

crzesk8dad
03-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Based on that link, does that mean Bebe and Braden are going to do a program together? That could be very voidy! :rollin: Hopefully we will get some videos.

Thank you Glacier Falls SC for organizing this event; I hope it is extremely successful!!!

Yes, they will be performing a duet, together.

LilJen
03-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Wish I lived nearer--I'd go for a chance to see Braden & Bebe do a duet.

Wonderful, wonderful idea, and I hope it raises a lot of money for the disaster victims.

crzesk8dad
03-19-2011, 10:11 PM
2011 Junior Ladies Champion Courtney Hicks has joined Skaters Care!

So, has Senior Pair team Lindsay Davis and Themi Leftheris!

Tickets go on sale at www.ticketmaster.com on Tuesday.

victoriaheidi
03-19-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm so excited (sounds wrong to say that I'm excited to go to a show being held to raise money for a tragedy, but I hope you guys catch my point). This will be my first time seeing skating live! It'll also give me a chance to check out the Citizen's Bank Arena.

The cast looks awesome. And did I read correctly? Bebe Liang and Braden Overett? :)

loopey
03-19-2011, 11:42 PM
I wonder if they need volunteers to help?

Regardless, I too will be there.

peibeck
03-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Yes, they will be performing a duet, together.

ZOMG, now I am totally bummed that I live too far to come see this special show.

HeatherC
03-20-2011, 03:53 AM
What a wonderful idea and a great fundraiser. I wish I lived closer too because I'd be there in a heartbeat! :cheer2:

victoriaheidi
03-20-2011, 03:59 AM
I wonder if they need volunteers to help?

Regardless, I too will be there.

Good question. Does anyone know?

crzesk8dad
03-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Good question. Does anyone know?

We will be evaluating how many volunteers will be needed and if so, post a request for them on the www.skaterscare.com website. Look for it after Wednesday March 23. :confused:

Quite honestly, there isn't as much need for volunteers as there would be during a competition. This is only for one day, a few hours and there are no judges sheets to run, copies of same to make, teams to move from dressing room to ice, etc. So, please do not be disappointed if we don't need many volunteers. :mad:

Thanks for your willingness to help! We hope you attend in any event.

Cheylana
03-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Aww, man, wish I could attend this (on the wrong coast, can't get off from work), but hope it's a smashing success! :)

ETA - crzesk8dad, just wanted to say my sister had the pleasure of meeting Sean in Greensboro, she spotted him in the stands and wasted no time in going over to say hi (I was too shy to go with her), when she came back she raved about his deep voice and what an awesome, classy person (gave a great autograph too!) he was. I was sorry I didn't go with her - gah! And he's a fantastic and fun skater - flove him!!!

RunnersHigh
03-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Just posted at: http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/features/2011japan%20benefit.htm

CLASSY!

harekrishna43
03-20-2011, 07:45 AM
I can't attend but I went to the website and made a donation.

Hope they can get someone to professionally record the show and sell the DVD to raise more money!

crzesk8dad
03-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I can't attend but I went to the website and made a donation.

Hope they can get someone to professionally record the show and sell the DVD to raise more money!

Thank you, Harekrishna! Your generosity is appreciated!