PDA

View Full Version : New Facebook Privacy Setting

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Cheylana
05-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Sometimes I have pages and pages of only notes that say "Chatty Cathy is now friends with Joe Blowhard", etc., etc.
I feel your pain but somehow your description has me :rofl::rofl::rofl: (I think because it is so true!)

I'm not sure you can banish those Chatty Cathy tidbits from your Newsfeed unless you hide Chatty Cathy....

numbers123
05-22-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure you can banish those Chatty Cathy tidbits from your Newsfeed unless you hide Chatty Cathy....

I don't think so. I have people on hide and still see their friending people.

Does anyone know why the "IM" chats now show up in messages? I don't care to have my IM chats in my messaging nor do I care to have their responses to me in their messages.

Spinner
05-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Does anyone know why the "IM" chats now show up in messages? I don't care to have my IM chats in my messaging nor do I care to have their responses to me in their messages.
That's new with a recent update. I find it rather annoying too.

PeterG
05-23-2011, 03:22 AM

Sometimes when I'm chatting with somebody, they go offline. Then when I send them a response, facebook says they are offline and offers me the option of sending the response as a message. Any chance you said yes to this, so now the conversation is in your inbox?

numbers123
05-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Sometimes when I'm chatting with somebody, they go offline. Then when I send them a response, facebook says they are offline and offers me the option of sending the response as a message. Any chance you said yes to this, so now the conversation is in your inbox?

Nope. Everything is in messages now

WindSpirit
05-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Facebook privacy is such an oxymoron.

Facebook sells your information to advertisers, etc., and that's how they make money. LOADS of it, too.

As much as I despise the idea, I must say it is brilliant. They know everything about you. Your real name, where you live, what schools you went to, where you work, your date of birth, your family (and often your mother's maiden name), your friends, what you like, where you go, etc. A database like that is priceless, and you're all giving it up for free.

PeterG
05-24-2011, 04:56 AM
As much as I despise the idea, I must say it is brilliant. They know everything about you. Your real name, where you live, what schools you went to, where you work, your date of birth, your family (and often your mother's maiden name), your friends, what you like, where you go, etc. A database like that is priceless, and you're all giving it up for free.

Darn it. I mis-spelled my surname when I signed up. And I didn't include info about my education, got my birthday wrong by both one day and one year... Dangit, I did it all wrong!!! :(

P.S. You mean some people actually gave up a boatload of accurate information to some strange, unkwnown entity? :confused:

;)

sbmeagain
05-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks for all the tips!

pollyanna
05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Darn it. I mis-spelled my surname when I signed up. And I didn't include info about my education, got my birthday wrong by both one day and one year... Dangit, I did it all wrong!!! :(

;)

:lol: And I accidentally put down the wrong name of where I went to school and I'm currently working as a technical assistant at DWTS. ;)

PeterG
05-24-2011, 11:02 PM
:lol: And I accidentally put down the wrong name of where I went to school and I'm currently working as a technical assistant at DWTS. ;)

OMG!!! :eek: Can you get me tickets for tonight's show??? ;)

numbers123
05-24-2011, 11:38 PM

I don't have a school and I am currently not working. I don't have a birthdate that is anywhere close to mine real date. However, I could be tracked through all of my cousins and my kids. In actuality, I think that you can find me and all my details on the 'net through all kinds of databases.

Jackie Sparrow
05-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Since yesterday I get updates in my feeds of pages that I personally never liked (of artists I don't even know!) but when I went onto this page I get the option "unlike". I changed my password cause I thought somebody hacked my account. What the eff is that????

Jackie Sparrow
05-25-2011, 06:59 PM
I had four pages in total that I had liked without my knowledge!!! :eek:

numbers123
05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Since yesterday I get updates in my feeds of pages that I personally never liked (of artists I don't even know!) but when I went onto this page I get the option "unlike". I changed my password cause I thought somebody hacked my account. What the eff is that????

There is an option that you can use to determine if someone has logged in on a different computer or mobile device. I have mine set to email me when that happens. Another new feature is to have a security code set when you get logged in on another device. PM me if you are interested in where those options are located.

Jackie Sparrow
05-25-2011, 07:21 PM
There is an option that you can use to determine if someone has logged in on a different computer or mobile device. I have mine set to email me when that happens. Another new feature is to have a security code set when you get logged in on another device. PM me if you are interested in where those options are located. Thanks numbers. I just saw those when I went to change my settings to this secure https page.