PDA

View Full Version : Please watch for the Top 5 in Kraft Hockeyville -- my 'adopted' town may be one!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Really
03-22-2011, 04:01 AM
I have nothing but neverending gratitude to all you who voted for Bentley to become Kraft Hockeyville 2011! You are all wonderful and amazing to do this for us!

We find out on April 2 if we were successful -- hell, we've already been successful just in the number of people who have helped us! And the fact that we already got $25,000 for our rink doesn't hurt!

Again, thanks to everyone!

FSU DOES SO ROCK! :rockstar: :respec:

AragornElessar
03-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Just wanted to let you know Really that there was about seven of us over at the LOTR Board who voted as much as we could all weekend. And these are people from England, Australia and Austria, not to mention us Canucks and "Mericans. :D

Got our fingers crossed for you!! :)

Really
03-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Thank you!

AragornElessar
04-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Bumping up the thread, as tonight's the night of the Big Announcement.

It's happening during the First Intermission of the Oilers and Canucks game in Vancouver, so I'm guessing somewhere around 10:45 to 11 pm EST.

Got the fingers crossed for Bentley!!!

Really
04-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Well, Bentley came in 4th -- congratulations to Conception Bay South, NL on being crowned Kraft Hockeyville 2011!

Thank you to everyone who supported Bentley's bid -- hell, to everyone who supported any of the Top 5 communities! Over 3,000,000 votes for 5 small towns is nothing to sneeze at!

Thanks again!

Southpaw
04-03-2011, 04:07 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Conception Bay South, you suck!

BigB08822
04-03-2011, 04:43 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Conception Bay South, you suck!

Yeah, puck you Conception Bay South!!

AragornElessar
04-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Very true Really. It's amazing that much support came around for five very small towns across Canada and Congratulations to Conception Bay South on the win.

It's going to be one heck of a party on The Rock come September and it was also announced tonight the Pre Season Game they get along w/the win and the money will be played between the Atlanta Thrashers and Ottawa Senators. I wonder how many will end up agreeing to be Screeched In and/or Kiss The Cod? :D

We gave it a good try for Bentley though. It just wasn't enough, but it was still a good go of it. :)

Matryeshka
04-03-2011, 05:54 AM
I'm sorry Bentley lost, Really. :( On the other hand, if for the rest of your life you have to say you're from Conception Bay...ummm...maybe you deserve a decent ice rink. :lol:

overedge
04-03-2011, 07:48 PM
It's going to be one heck of a party on The Rock come September and it was also announced tonight the Pre Season Game they get along w/the win and the money will be played between the Atlanta Thrashers and Ottawa Senators. I wonder how many will end up agreeing to be Screeched In and/or Kiss The Cod? :D

"Screeching in" and "kissing the cod" are for tourists. I'm sure Conception Bay South will do something much more authentic for the guests.

I'm sorry that Bentley didn't win, Really, but it sounds like all the finalists had good plans for their facilities with the money, and I'm sure Conception Bay South will be grateful for the help.

purple skates
04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
It was a good try, Really! At least your rink still got the $25k! :)

minuet
04-04-2011, 12:00 AM
CBS can definitely use the upgrade to their arena. It has recently undergone a name change to honor a former MHA but the bldg has received no renos and is quite old.

I am super pumped for CBS (I live in the town next to it and spent 6 years going to school there since that is where the Jr. High and High school are) I also taught there for 2 years once I became a teacher.

Having skated on that arena ice many times I can't wait to see what they do with the funds. The town is super excited and looking forward to their pre-season game.

Norlite
04-04-2011, 12:33 AM
That's wonderful for your community minuet! Please pass on my congrats from someone who lives a short ferry ride from Wolfe Island.