PDA

View Full Version : Tara Lipinski skating on Today Show tomorrow morning!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

zaphyre14
03-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Looks like she channelling Caryn Kadavy to me.

DickButtonFan
03-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Nice to see her skate again :)

4rkidz
03-19-2011, 02:16 AM
After watching that you tube.. I then had to go and watch her as a junior when she was so tiny at worlds :) I was very active in the Figure Skating World during the Tara era so brought back wonderful memories.. thanks for the video.. I thought Tara was great.. and looks fabulous :P

Yazmeen
03-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Oh good God. As if Michelle does much in the way of jumping and such these days. :scream:

RE: this and nubka's post, I couldn't help myself, I went over there and looked...gee, did you know that it's pathetic to have an OGM be the greatest moment of your life? That's not right, you should accomplish more as time goes on and not list that blip on the radar event as your greatest accomplishment. Maybe we ought to send that memo to Evan so he can start planning for the rest of his life... :rolleyes::lol::scream:

That was a very nice performance from Tara, very pretty and emotional. She has matured into a beautiful young woman. It will be interesting to see where she may go with skating again. And I want her dress!!!! :lol:

Edited to add, I agree with the Cadavy comparison.

HSGP21
03-19-2011, 08:51 PM
The venom is spewing over at MKF... ;)

^wow how horrifying... i just went on the forum for the first time in years, and I remember why I don't still check that site.

I thought Tara was great on the Today show, I give her credit for taking a few years off the pro circuit to grow into an adult without the skating world watching (and criticizing), and welcome her back to the sport in whatever capacity she wants. I just don't understand the venom on the MKF...didn't we all say and do stuff at 17/18/19/20 that we later regretted?...no one seems so bitter towards Michelle for taking years off post 2006, and I am sure no one would be criticizing Michelle if she had won in 98 or 02, and now said it was the greatest moment of her life....

CynicElle
03-19-2011, 11:32 PM
RE: this and nubka's post, I couldn't help myself, I went over there and looked...gee, did you know that it's pathetic to have an OGM be the greatest moment of your life?

I should be so pathetic.

I agree with allezfred: it's nice to see Tara being more active in skating again, and I hope it continues.

RD
03-20-2011, 02:32 AM
I think it's great that she's back skating again. And she's developed a nice on-ice persona as well. I think she'd fit right in w/the SOI pros maybe with a little more practice. She's already leaps and bounds ahead of the eligible performers IMHO

kathy sullivan
03-20-2011, 03:37 AM

Gee, there are very few on this board who share any common experience with those who now post on MKF. Those who still post there are a small group who shared the excitement of her successes, and the pain of her losses. Many, obviously do not like Tara - for lots of reasons - not just because she won gold over Michelle's silver. Their site is active to continue to honor Michelle's accomplishments, and to continue to share their comaraderie around their experience of her effect on their lives. So what if many don't like Tara and openly express it - why should anyone here care. And good grief why go there after not visiting for a long time just to confirm your disgust that many there still don't like or respect Tara.

IceJunkie
03-20-2011, 03:51 AM
:rofl: When has Tara ever said anything negative about Michelle to warrant such venom? People are still bitter about something that happened 13 years ago and they're now pitting MK and Tara's post-skating careers against each other. How ridiculous is that?

As for the skating, Tara looks good. I hope to see her do more shows in the future.

nubka
03-20-2011, 04:07 AM
Gee, there are very few on this board who share any common experience with those who now post on MKF. Those who still post there are a small group who shared excitement of her successes, and the pain of her losses. Many, obviously do not like Tara - for lots of reason - not just because she won gold over michelle's silver. Their site is active to continue to honor Michell's accomplishments, and to continue to share their commraderie around their experience of her effect on their lives. So what if many don't like Tara and openly express it - why should anyone here care. And good grief why go their after not visiting for a long time just to confirm your disgust that many there still don't like or respect Tara.

:drama: :drama: :drama:...

VALuvsMKwan
03-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Gee, there are very few on this board who share any common experience with those who now post on MKF. Those who still post there are a small group who shared excitement of her successes, and the pain of her losses. Many, obviously do not like Tara - for lots of reason - not just because she won gold over michelle's silver. Their site is active to continue to honor Michell's accomplishments, and to continue to share their commraderie around their experience of her effect on their lives. So what if many don't like Tara and openly express it - why should anyone here care. And good grief why go their after not visiting for a long time just to confirm your disgust that many there still don't like or respect Tara.

Proofreading can be your friend, kathy, if you use it (the spelling of the Kween's first name, for example) - but I suppose that must be difficult to do from a fetal position.

RD
03-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Why do we have to drag what's going on at MKF over here? AFAIK this thread has been quite supportive of Lipinski. I really could care less what the people at MKF think, and frankly I'm not surprised if the reports are true. But we don't need their negativity over here for crying out loud...

skatepixie
03-20-2011, 06:11 AM
I think it's great that she's back skating again. And she's developed a nice on-ice persona as well. I think she'd fit right in w/the SOI pros maybe with a little more practice. She's already leaps and bounds ahead of the eligible performers IMHO

Agreed.

But then, I always found her to have a lovely musical quality. Sure, she was never an angst-filled artiste, but she was always very lovely to watch.

kathy sullivan
03-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Proofreading can be your friend, kathy, if you use it (the spelling of the Kween's first name, for example) - but I suppose that must be difficult to do from a fetal position.

Surely you could not be accused of uncalled for nastiness.

Cheylana
03-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Lovely performance by Tara, my only criticism is that I didn't like her hairdo, which IMO didn't do her lovely hair justice.

Good golly, it's been 13 years... Surely the statute of limitations on permissible bitterness has lapsed by now... no? :lol:

ETA:

Why do we have to drag what's going on at MKF over here? AFAIK this thread has been quite supportive of Lipinski. I really could care less what the people at MKF think, and frankly I'm not surprised if the reports are true. But we don't need their negativity over here for crying out loud...
Er, that's a good point too :slinkaway