PDA

View Full Version : As for the Worlds, JSF started to coordinate so as to hold in Japan in this autumn.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Akira Andrea
03-17-2011, 01:43 AM
This is an article in “Daily Sports” in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
As for the 2011 Worlds, JSF started to coordinate so as to hold in Japan in this autumn.
March 16th, 2011 JST

As for the 2011 Worlds (Yoyogi National Gymnasium) of March and the 2011 World Team Trophy (Yokohama Arena) of April, which were postponed under the influence of Japan North East Region Pacific Coast Offshore Earthquake, Japan Skating Federation (JSF) started to coordinate so as to hold in Japan in September or the first half of October, in March 16th.
Because JSF was asked about the possibility of the postponement until this fall from the President Cinquanta of International Skating Union (ISU), President Seiko Hashimoto of JSF said "We need to investigate from now on which area we can hold those in but we intend to reply that we would like to host the substitute events".
However, it is unpredictable as for the future, because it is requested as a condition from ISU to provide 5 months lead time after letting out "the safe declaration" as the country as for the nuclear power plant continuing the unstable condition.
Receiving the information, the President Cinquanta gives a terminal-decision not later than the early part of May.

The article:
As for the 2011 Worlds, JSF started to coordinate so as to hold in Japan in this autumn.
http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2011/03/17/0003872330.shtml

Lanna
03-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Thanks for your translations! :cheer:

Sylvia
03-17-2011, 01:57 AM
This is an article in “Daily Sports” in Japan.
Translation from Japanese.
President Seiko Hashimoto of JSF said "We need to investigate from now on which area we can hold those in but we intend to reply that we would like to host the substitute events".
However, it is unpredictable as for the future, because it is requested as a condition from ISU to provide 5 months lead time after letting out "the safe declaration" as the country as for the nuclear power plant continuing the unstable condition.
Receiving the information, the President Cinquanta gives a terminal-decision at the beginning of May.

In case people aren't already aware, Cinquanta later clarified that the ISU's final(?) decision would come much earlier than the "beginning of May" in an interview with Phil Hersh today: http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/sports_globetrotting/2011/03/cinquanta-would-like-worlds-to-stay-in-japan-sees-october-as-best-option.html

Q. The president of the Japanese Skating Federation said in a press conference Wednesday there would be no decision until early May. Is that correct?
A. Not precisely. We have sent them a letter yesterday (Tuesday) asking for a prompt reply, and they replied they are available to organize the event at the end of September and early October. That moment may be too late and too early for us.

We did our utmost to maintain the championship in Japan in order to show our fairness,. But at the end of the day we do not only have respect for Japan, we also have to protect of the skaters, of the member federations.

Q. The Japanese federation definitely said the ISU will make a decision in early May. You can't wait until May, can you?
A. No. We will give a decision maybe in the next three or four days.

Akira Andrea
03-17-2011, 05:16 AM
This is an article in “Sports Nippon” in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
As for 2011 Worlds, JSF is considering so as to hold the substitute event this autumn.
March 17th, 2011 JST
In March 16th, JSF

The photo:
Photography: By Kyodo
President Seiko Hashimoto in JSF who showed the policy to iron out so as to hold 2011 Worlds in Japan in this autumn.
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2011/03/17/gazo/G20110317000442610.html

Opening a board of directors in Tokyo Metropolitan area in March 16th, Japan Skating Federation (JSF) decided to consider the substitution event this autumn as for the 2011 Worlds which gave up holding on March 21st.
The said board of directors decided to notify formally to International Skating Union (ISU) that it is difficult to hold not only the Worlds but also the World Team Trophy which is planned in Yokohama from April 15th.
After that, discussing as for the document of inquiry whether it is possible to hold Worlds in Japan in the time until September or the first half of October which received from ISU in the previous night, JSF decided to consider as for holding it.
After President Hashimoto said that she intends to confirm whether or not she can secure the venue as soon as possible, she said "President Cincuanta is saying that 5 months are necessary as the lead time after the safe declaration comes out in Japan", too, and said, "We decide finally whether or not it is possible to hold it, during this month or not later than the early part of April".
If it is held in autumn, the player doing entry this time becomes to participate to it.
Hidetoshi Ito Figure Skating Chief Director of JSF said, "I think that the player needs to perform the program of next season there as a result, therefore, the player needs to prepare the program earlier than usual season".

The article:
As for 2011 Worlds, JSF is considering so as to hold the substitute event this autumn.
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2011/03/17/kiji/K20110317000441290.html

mark247
03-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the translation.

Akira Andrea
03-17-2011, 10:25 AM
In case people aren't already aware, Cinquanta later clarified that the ISU's final(?) decision would come much earlier than the "beginning of May" in an interview with Phil Hersh today:
I am sorry.
As for the time of the terminal-decision, there was a mistake in not the original article but my translation. I corrected the said part of the translation as follows.

"Receiving the information, the President Cinquanta gives a terminal-decision not later than the early part of May."

Judy
03-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Fall time in ridiculous for the skaters. I hope that Speedy uses common sense especially for the uncertainty in Japan regarding the nuclear situation right now.

MikiAndoFan#1
03-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Thank you for the translation, Akira Andrea! :) Does this mean the JSF wants to host Worlds, even if they are postponed to October?

MarieM
03-17-2011, 10:55 AM
All the skaters are starting to state that it's ridiculous to have worlds in October and are starting to send protests to their federation.
Really, the ISU knows nothing about its own sports. Sad.

Akira Andrea
03-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Thank you for the translation, Akira Andrea! :) Does this mean the JSF wants to host Worlds, even if they are postponed to October?
Yes, I think that JSF is hoping to host the Worlds even if it is postponed in September or October.

GoldenMichelle
03-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm wondering what would happen if Worlds are reschedled for Oct and the skaters decided not to show up due to timing and the fand don't buy tickets due to the top skaters not being there. JSF might go bust anyway.

Bad idea all around.

NMURA
03-17-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm wondering what would happen if Worlds are reschedled for Oct and the skaters decided not to show up due to timing and the fand don't buy tickets due to the top skaters not being there.

I'm afraid such selfish skaters would be punished by the iron fist of the ISU, and their federations will do the same if the spots were reduced. This is a really unusual situation. They must cooperate if they want to save their careers.

pani
03-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm afraid such selfish skaters would be punished by the iron fist of the ISU, and their federations will do the same if the spots were reduced. This is a really unusual situation. They must cooperate if they want to save their careers.

All elite skaters have medical reasons to to compete a all - they all have injuries. And in October they will not have shows.
All couldnt go only around Japan I think its better to cancell WCh and not hold in in October.
Japan will have Japan Open in that time.How about selfish federation and ISU president?

bek
03-17-2011, 12:08 PM

I think its far more selfish of the ISU to keep the skaters in limbo. And frankly for the JSF to be pushing for this October worlds.(If they are) It would be one thing if October worlds was something the japanese federation could actually guarantee. But they can't even do that.

IF you cant' guarantee that your country will be available why not do the right thing for the skaters and that includes the Japanese skaters, and let another federation host it sooner.

Now if moving worlds causes Japan to lose out on insurance money, then I'd be for cancelling it. And heck if the Japanese federation is hard up financially, I'd even support some kind of benefit to help them recoup some of those costs. After a suitable time after things in Japan are straightened out.

But I'm sorry its time to put the skaters first.

And the skaters have the right to be upset. What about their health. You have some skaters planning surgeries etc.

loulou
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Does this mean the JSF wants to host Worlds, even if they are postponed to October?

As far as I can understand (from posts on this board), this means exactly the the JSF is not willing to give up to the event yet.
The only possibly doable solution for Japan to host the 2011 world championships, would be in the fall.
Apparently, if the JSF was willing to let go, the ISU could have aready agreed to place worlds in one of the cities/countries that volounteered.

-- Please, everybody, feel free to correct me if I didn't get things straight.