PDA

View Full Version : As for the Worlds, JSF started to coordinate so as to hold in Japan in this autumn.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Akira Andrea
03-18-2011, 11:30 PM
I understand that ISU have already free hand as for the holding of the Worlds, because JSF had accepted the cancel of Tokyo hosting once.

I think that ISU requested JSF to consider the hosting in autumn, as one of the alternatives, while requesting the other federations to host the Worlds instead of Japan.

I think that the hosting in autumn is nothing but an idea which is better than nothing at all.

virtuemoirfan
03-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Akira: I totally agree with you. Host in October or cancel them altogether. April/May are no good as the skaters have previous commitments and contracts with tours.

bek
03-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Yea but who's going to cover the losses JSF will bear for losing the hosting rights? I think that's probably the main reason they're still holding out.

Whose going to reinburse the nation who takes up this world task. This is more than likely NOT going to be a financial win for the nation that takes on this worlds. But many nations are offering to do so out of respect for the skaters.

I'm sure people will want to help the JSF recoop some of the costs.

Judy
03-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Akira: I totally agree with you. Host in October or cancel them altogether. April/May are no good as the skaters have previous commitments and contracts with tours.

April/May is better then October.

judiz
03-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Yea but who's going to cover the losses JSF will bear for losing the hosting rights? I think that's probably the main reason they're still holding out.

Losing hosting rights may hurt JSF financially but that amount is small compared to the cost the Japanese people will face rebuilding their homes and businesses destroyed by the disaster.

SUN
03-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I think that the hosting in autumn is nothing but an idea which is better than nothing at all.

IMO, for skaters, coaches nothing at all is much better than autumn.

SUN
03-19-2011, 02:02 PM

Insurance?

Akira Andrea
03-19-2011, 02:38 PM
The interpretation saying that JSF did not give up the right to hold the Worlds because they fear to lose a profit is not correct.
According to the article which I showed the first of this thread, JSF decided that they inform ISU that it is difficult that they hold the Worlds.
After that, JSF decided to consider holding the World at autumn in answer to the request of ISU.
I think that there is not any kind of crafty scheme there.

Reference: the extract of the article
The said board of directors decided to notify formally to International Skating Union (ISU) that it is difficult to hold not only the Worlds but also the World Team Trophy which is planned in Yokohama from April 15th.
After that, discussing as for the document of inquiry whether it is possible to hold Worlds in Japan in the time until September or the first half of October which received from ISU in the previous night, JSF decided to consider as for holding it.

Andrey aka Pushkin
03-19-2011, 02:45 PM
October sounds ridiculous.
It's an absolute nightmare for the athletes. Money is all very important, but ISU is supposed to be a non profit organization first of all caring for the sport.

The event should be either canceled or moved to other venue in April/May, and whoever wants to miss it because of earlier commitments to the shows, is very welcomed. We'll have a world champion from Serbia then, suits me fine. Much better than destroying the preparations and training schedule, plus bringing the full bunch of injuries following the need to maintain the form for 6 months.

professordeb
03-19-2011, 03:01 PM
October sounds ridiculous.
It's an absolute nightmare for the athletes. Money is all very important, but ISU is supposed to be a non profit organization first of all caring for the sport.

The event should be either canceled or moved to other venue in April/May, and whoever wants to miss it because of earlier commitments to the shows, is very welcomed. We'll have a world champion from Serbia then, suits me fine. Much better than destroying the preparations and training schedule, plus bringing the full bunch of injuries following the need to maintain the form for 6 months.

This ^ and then some.

victorskid
03-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Yes this ^^^. Either accept an alternate location to hold Worlds in a reasonable time frame (April/May) or cancel it and let everyone get out of limbo and move forward!

virtuemoirfan
03-19-2011, 04:00 PM
IMO, for skaters, coaches nothing at all is much better than autumn.

I totally agree with you.

Akira Andrea
03-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I think that it is not wise attitude to deny even an idea or a proposal before a decision is accomplished when we solve some problem and that we should not conjecture that a cunning plot or moneymaking may have been hidden in the solving process of this problem.

I think that ISU is examining all the possibility to solve the problem this time which wasn't expected, such as the idea that other Federation hosts the Worlds instead of Japan, the idea to hold in Japan by shifting a time, the idea to cancel 2011Worlds at all.
Then, I think that ISU decides the best plan from the inside of a lot of alternative.

Reference:
According to the TV news in the evening of March 19th JST as for the accident of the atomic power plant in Japan, the provisional cooling of fuel rod seems to have succeeded by hosing of the sea water from the ground by Fire Defense Agency and the Self-Defense Force.
Also, the emergency construction of the power line from outside is advancing and the electrical-power-application to some nuclear reactors seems to have already become possible.
Because the steady cooling becomes possible if the electrical-power-application recovers, I think that the emergency situation of the accident may end in about a week or so.
For the time being, this news does not give any influence as for the whereabouts of the Worlds which had already stopped.

Andrey aka Pushkin
03-19-2011, 11:12 PM
I get a strong feeling that ISU equals Cinquanta. I have talked to people related to figure skating, and there's not a single one who finds the idea of holding the WC in October less than utterly moronic. The fact that it's even considered, shows a complete lack of understanding and/or interest in the sport.

I realize that money is a big part of the equation, but if there must be some limit. ISU is supposed, first of all, represent skaters. What it does so far, is exploiting skaters in order to be profitable as an organization.

Asli
03-19-2011, 11:18 PM
I get a strong feeling that ISU equals Cinquanta. I have talked to people related to figure skating, and there's not a single one who finds the idea of holding the WC in October less than utterly moronic. The fact that it's even considered, shows a complete lack of understanding and/or interest in the sport.

Yes, I bet Cinquanta came up with the October idea on his own, without consulting anyone who understands figure skating.