PDA

View Full Version : Dai is 25 years old !!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

paskatefan
03-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Happy Birthday, Daisuke! May you & your family stay safe, and may all of Japan recover from this devastating earthquake and tsunami.

kwanette
03-17-2011, 12:56 AM
I love Dai, Happy Birthday.

Spaaank that Swan! (right Sparks?)

mmot
03-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Happy belated birthday, Daisuke, my favourite skater! May your 25th year be filled with joy and happiness.

Just watched the news clip of his practice session opened to the public in the morning before the earthquake struck - he seemed to be in a good form; his quad was there and the choreo step sequence was simply to die for. It really saddens me that there is a possibility that we won't see his gorgeous free programme again (unless he decides to keep it for the next season)... Well, I am sure this cancellation / postponement of the Worlds will make him decide to carry on for one more season! I'm optimistic!

skfan
03-17-2011, 02:16 AM
happy birthday daisuke. ^_^ thank you for making me fall in love with men's skating again after, oh, a 20 year lapse.

wishing the best for you and all of japan.

quikrush
03-17-2011, 03:51 AM
Happy birthday Daisuke! Please please don't retire, with Stephane gone I have no one else to root for in the man's skating.

bartek
03-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Happy birthday Daisuke! Please please don't retire, with Stephane gone I have no one else to root for in the man's skating.

Yes, after Stephane's retirement, only Daisuke does real figure skating out there.

melonmelon
03-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Dai, Happy birthday..!!!

Zokko!
03-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Belated Happy Birthday, Dai, the REAL Olympic Champ 2010!!! :encore:

Don't retire, please!!! If only skaters like Chan remain, I don't see any reason to watch it any more ... and Men always used to be my favourite discipline! :(

lucysk8
03-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Wow he looks really young! Happy belated! :):)

mmot
03-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Since we now have a hope of seeing his current season's programmes once more, here is the latest clip, showing his practice session. He had been in Tsuruga in Fukui Prefecture for two weeks, holding a special training camp for the Worlds. He invited the press and the local people, especially kids skaters, to come and see the practice session, which took place in the morning of March 11, a few hours before the earth quake struck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuP1G5G_hk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

TwisterSister
03-31-2011, 03:26 AM
Since we now have a hope of seeing his current season's programmes once more, here is the latest clip, showing his practice session. He had been in Tsuruga in Fukui Prefecture for two weeks, holding a special training camp for the Worlds. He invited the press and the local people, especially kids skaters, to come and see the practice session, which took place in the morning of March 11, a few hours before the earth quake struck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuP1G5G_hk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Thanks for the link! His quad and spins look a lot better. :D I really don't want him to retire but who knows what will happen after (another) knee surgery?

let`s talk
03-31-2011, 06:25 AM
found one more. I don't really like the music but teh clip is done with love!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=phL39n2tTSk

kittyjake5
03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the link! His quad and spins look a lot better. :D I really don't want him to retire but who knows what will happen after (another) knee surgery?

I was not aware that Dai was going to have surgery. Is it the same knee?

work suspended
03-31-2011, 03:45 PM
I was not aware that Dai was going to have surgery. Is it the same knee?

Yes, it is. Daisuke said he would have to have a screw in his right knee removed. He was going to have the surgery last spring, but postponed it just because he wanted to do his best to prepare for Worlds in Tokyo. I feel really sorry for him.

kittyjake5
03-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes, it is. Daisuke said he would have to have a screw in his right knee removed. He was going to have the surgery last spring, but postponed it just because he wanted to do his best to prepare for Worlds in Tokyo. I feel really sorry for him.

Thank you for the information. Poor Dai :( I hope he is not in much pain.