PDA

View Full Version : Japanese fans wish Worlds not to be Cancelled

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Simone411
03-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Shinku, adding my thanks for keeping us informed. Stay safe. You're in my thoughts & Prayers. :)

Ajax
03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Shinku, thank you so much for keeping us informed. I really appreciate hearing your perspective. My thoughts are with your country always.

Shinku
03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I thank everyone who has taken their time to post or read this thread. As you all know, JSF has announced that they will not have Worlds 2011 in Japan in October. The majority of fans in Japan were all relieved to know they had made the right decision, finally. On the other hand, although we had all wished for Worlds to be held before October in a safe country besides Japan, some of us are starting to realize that we had been a bit insensitive to all the people in and out of JSF who had been taking their time to prepare Tokyo Worlds. In a sense, it wasn't only the people in the damaged areas who lost many things which were precious to them in a matter of minutes because of the earthquake and tsunamis. Everyone who had been working for the success of Tokyo Worlds had also lost something of great meaning to them. Some members in my Japanese forum and I have discussed this, and have already sent messages of thanks and apologies on some of our harsh words in our protest mails to JSF. I hope they will understand that fans tend to feel they have to fight for the skaters when they are being treated wrongly, but in the end organizations such as JSF are the ones who are making it possible for us to enjoy FS, so we have realised that they are not our enemies, although sometimes fan may disagree with some of their decisions.

I think my fellow FS fans in Japan and I have finished our part in the series of incidents concerning Worlds 2011. I hope ISU would choose the best country and time for Worlds to be held soon, and all entering skaters will be able to focus on their training for the competition. Now that our country is out of the picture, we will leave further issues concerning Worlds in the hands of ISU and fans outside Japan for a while. As for Japanese fans, I think we must now start considering more about the victims of the earthquake, tusnamis and nuclear station accident. Fortunately things are calming down. We hardly have anymore after-shakes which we can feel in Tokyo, supplies are coming into the shops, and some gas stations have managed to start business again. Radiation from the nuclear station is still a concern, but the amounts observed in areas besides Fukushima prefecture are very low, so we believe there's no need to be alarmed. I've heard that our situations are being quite exagerrated by the media in Germany, but Fukushima is not the second Chernobyl, and our entire country has not sunk into the ocean, I assure you! The tsunami waves have all gone back to sea, so most of the land in the damaged areas are dry now. An old woman and her 16 year old grandson who had been washed away under the ruins of some house by the tsunami, has been rescued yesterday. This gave us alot of hope that there may be more survivors who can be rescued. Many rescue teams from other countries along with their dogs are doing their best to find such people, and we are all so grateful for their help.

I'd like to thank skfan for encouraging me to create this thread (I'll be PMing you soon!). Many in Japan have been reading this also, and were all touched by your concerns for us. And lastly I want to thank the member in my forum who resides in Sendai, Miyagi which was one of the most damaged cities. Her ID is yukiusa. She was the one who made me feel that Japanese fans should act to prevent Worlds being held in Tokyo, and in October. She was able to mail me from her cell phone the day after the first earthquake, and made it clear that she does not want Worlds to be cancelled because of what's happened. I told her Tokyo Worlds was cancelled due to security reasons and that there's no need for her to feel bad or worry about it in her position. But after I told her about the October plan, she was raged about it and agreed that we must prevent this if we can. She is also a staff of the Absolute Skating site, and a mod for Adrian Schultheiss's HP. She had gathered messages of encouragement and appreciation in forums in and out of Japan for Adrian who had been considering retirement recently, printed out and posted them to him just about a month or so before the earthquake. She is the kind of FS fan who cares for all skaters not just her favorites or the Japanese ones. Unfortunately, due to the damage in her city she has told me that she wouldn't be able to see Worlds should they have it in Spring on the net nor on tv. Still she told me that the skaters being able to compete asap is what would make her happy, and that's all she wants for now. She has never complained to me that the food in her house was running out, or that the water had been stopped until after JSF had officially declined from Worlds. I've never met anyone who cares about the sport and the skaters as much as her. If I was able to be of any help in providing October Worlds, it's all because she had inspired me to do so. After getting to know her better after the earthquake, I'm sure now that FS has the power of encouraging and healing people than I ever had imagined.

Thank you again for reading and posting in this thread, and I'll always pray that nothing which had happened in my country this time would happen to all your countries. I leave everything in your hands now, so please see to it that ISU makes no more wrong choices on Worlds 2011 from now. :)

Really
03-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Good luck to you and all your countrymen in your recovery from this disaster!

Celine82
03-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, all the best to your beautiful country and wonderful people in your recovery! :)

I'm confident that Japan can come back stronger than ever and will be looking forwards to future skating events there.

And again, thank you for your thoughtful and interesting posts.

Nan
03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Thank you for taking your time to post in this thread and give all this information. I pray that your country and her people recover from this disaster quickly and that you remain safe and well.

4rkidz
03-23-2011, 01:54 AM
thank you Shinku for posting and sharing your thoughts, you were able to really touch so many of us in your posts because although we may be from different countries, we all love figure skating which bonds us together. I believe your country will come back strong and I look forward to visiting your beautiful country, take care :)

Mevrouw
03-23-2011, 03:48 AM
Many thanks for all the information on the skating situation and also conditions in Tokyo. I am so sorry for all the pain and suffering that many of the Japanese people are undergoing. And it must be very difficult to have aftershocks continuing.

I hope you and your family stay safe and that life returns to a more normal level very soon.