PDA

View Full Version : Japanese fans wish Worlds not to be Cancelled

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

sk8sue
03-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Nobody in Japan should feel guilty if worlds doesn't happen. I actually feel guilty caring about worlds (even though yeah I do) when so many people in Japan are suffering. My hopes and prayers are with Japan right now.

This.

Thank-you for your lovely, heartfelt post, Shinku. My best to you all as you begin to rebuild your lives and I hope that you will have the chance to host Worlds again as soon as possible. I'm sure that it will be a very special occasion when it happens.

Judy
03-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Thank you for your beautiful, heartfelt post Shinku .. nobody at all is to blame least of all Japan. We hope that it doesn't have to be cancelled but I think it will be difficult to relocate to a different country .. although if the ISU pulls this off they will look like masterminds.

Hugs to you and Japan in getting through this tragedy.

Willowway
03-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Shinku, your posts are so thoughtful - I appreciate your efforts to help us understand what you are experiencing and the thought process you have gone through. You are very kind to take the time for your fellow skating fans.

I have heard through solid sources that the ISU is discussing relocating Worlds with several countries where travel would be uncomplicated, visas not an issue for most folks coming in and proven facilities. If they can arrange it, we all will probably hear something within the next two days or so.

itsartemis
03-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Shinku, thank you so much for your beautifully written post. As the others have said - please convey the message that there is no reason to feel guilty. My heart is aching for you.

Thinking so much of you and praying for you in this very difficult time. I hope the figure skating community can do something collectively for the people of Japan knowing how important figure skating is to the Japanese.

無事を祈ります。

Nan
03-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Thank you for your posts, Shinku.

skatesindreams
03-15-2011, 03:16 PM
I'd give you more "rep", if I could.

senorita
03-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Thank you for the post, all thoughts and positive energy for your country to get through this diffficult time.

floskate
03-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Wonderful post Shinku, thank you so much. :)

l'etoile
03-15-2011, 05:40 PM
thank you for your truthful and heartfelt post:) I can hope that good things would come out of these terrible disasters in the end for the japanese people. my thoughts are with Japan.

and plz, don't feel guilty of anything. Like others said, these disasters are irresistable and unforeseen.

grandma
03-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Thank you for posting Shinku

Yazmeen
03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Shinku: Please keep us posted to let us know that you are okay with all that is going on.

manleywoman
03-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Adding my thanks Shinku!

Vash01
03-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Thank you Shinku for sharing your thoughts.

Please give us updates when you can. I am sorry to hear of the new big quake. I hope there won't be any further damage. We love you and Japan.

Ajax
03-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Shinku, thank you so much for sharing your perspective. I wish you and your whole country a speedy recovery from this terrible disaster.

Vash01
03-15-2011, 07:57 PM
It's as if we have an earthquake travelling all throughout Japan now. If it should go on like this, sooner or later even the undamaged western areas might start having some quakes. I suppose JSF and ISU can now clearly see it was correct to postpone Worlds. I'm afraid there may not be any safe rink in Japan to relocate Worlds to, and we might have to give up WTT as well.

ISU may still be able to find another safe place to have it held, let's not lose hope just right now.:( Thank you again for all your support!

Shinku, your post almost brought tears to my eyes. How much can a nation take? I think prayers are needed now for these disasters to end and to get some normalcy. The world figure skating championships can be a part of that normalcy. Let us hope and pray for everyone's safety.