PDA

View Full Version : Lysacek wins 2010 Sullivan Award

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

danceronice
03-18-2011, 12:22 AM
How much longer are Peggy Fleming and Dorothy Hamill going to milk theirs? It's been 43 years for Fleming and 35 for Hamill. ;)

Seriously. And geez, that Dick Button. How much longer can he possibly coast on a couple pieces of gold-plated junk? He didn't even do a quad. ;)

ChelleC
03-18-2011, 12:38 AM
How much longer is he going to milk his gold medal? Its been more than year now. :rolleyes:

About as long as you're going to complain about it. :rolleyes:

dbell1
03-18-2011, 01:30 AM
So, we've gone from Evan being undeserving to people whinging on about other attendees? Awesome! :watch:

emason
03-18-2011, 02:11 AM
How much longer is he going to milk his gold medal? Its been more than year now. :rolleyes:

Considering that the athletes don't nominate themselves - others do, I don't see how Evan is milking anything. It's his good fortune that he was nominated and that enough voters felt he was worthy of the honor.

Congratulations, Evan.

Yazmeen
03-18-2011, 01:02 PM

Hopefully for much, much longer just so it keeps making you crazy. :P

Edited to add: The reason you are being blasted here is because nearly EVERY Olympic Gold medalist "milks" their victory for everything they can get from it and for years and years after their success. As an example, do you really think Fleming Jenkins vineyard in California would have even made it onto the map without having OGM Peggy Fleming's name behind it? (No offense meant to Peggy or the business, I've heard the wines are quite good).

For the rest of his days, Evan's name will be listed as "Olympic Champion (or Gold Medalist) Evan Lysacek" and he will benefit from the recognition that comes with that. And if it bugs you, well, get over it, or ignore it, because it ain't gonna change.

aymkjb88
03-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm a little late the join the party here. But YAY, I'm so happy for Evan and for US figure skating to be recognized by "Oscar" of the sports! Congratulations to Evan and all the nominees, it's a wonderful honor and very well deserved! :HA!::40beers::biggrinbo:rockstar::cheer::cheer2:

Actions and facts speak much louder than words and fictions. Keep up your great work, keep winning and succeeding on and off ice, because those are the best responses to all the denial, depreciation or jealousy. :kickass:

Go Evan! Congratulations on another exceptional achievement in your life! And THANK YOU for making us proud! :respec:

p.s. All finalists can invite their families and friends to the award ceremony, Vera and Evan are bff, she was there simply to support him and cheer him on at one of the biggest glorious moments of his life. :swoon:

Cheylana
03-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Uh oh, it's an emergency, somebody call the WAAAAH-mbulance!!! :lol:

I think it has more to do with the fact that she and Evan are very close, he seems to be with her at a lot of events since his OGM.
Ok, that's cool :cool:

skatesindreams
03-18-2011, 07:24 PM
^^ He will be the reigning OGM until 2014. Given that it took 16+ years of training for the achievement, he can milk it till the next gold medalist is crowned.

Evan will always be the 2010 OG Medalist even after his successor arrives.
Availing oneself of the opportunities that come his way as a result is entirely appropriate.

He isn't "milking" anything!

Yazmeen
03-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Ok, that's cool :cool:

Maybe he can get her to eat a sandwich... :P

barbk
03-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Maybe he can get her to eat a sandwich... :P

With a milkshake. And a cookie. Maybe two.

kwanette
03-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Evan will always be the 2010 OG Medalist even after his successor arrives.
Availing oneself of the opportunities that come his way as a result is entirely appropriate.

He isn't "milking" anything!

He is obviously in demand, amazing a yr after his win...and a male, no less!

OliviaPug
03-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Evan is the 2010 Olympic Gold Medalist ... and nobody can ever take that away from him! :lol:

O-

Bostonfan
03-19-2011, 03:44 AM

I hope it's a LONG time so that I can revel in the sour grapes you and other haterz spew. How about some cheese with that whine? :rofl:

Yazmeen
03-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Evan is the 2010 Olympic Gold Medalist ... and nobody can ever take that away from him! :lol:

O-

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spartacus
03-20-2011, 02:18 AM

O-

:cheer2:^.^.^.^!!!!This!!!!^.^.^.^:cheer2:

Or from the 1994 Olympic GOLD Medalist!!!! :oksana1:

Evan said on twitter he hit 2 quads in practice today!!!! If he's training quads, i smell a comeback!!!!